Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

lyburnum

Practically Family
My latest production: my wedding dress! It was made from this pattern, but I added the bow at the back

B4918-1.jpg

161007003.jpg
161007007.jpg

Now I just have to keep it in a safe place for 10 months and hope my boyfriend doesn't see it!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Moodle: That sweater is fantastic--I can't even finish a scarf without getting bored, so I can't imagine finishing anything as beautiful as your piece!

Lyburnum: What a gorgeous wedding dress. Congratulations, and good luck hiding it from your fiancé!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful dress lyburnum--you're smart to get it completed so early too! I love it when brides incorporate some color into their dress. Are you going to wear a headpiece of some sort--veil, hat?

lyburnum

Practically Family
At the moment I'm not sure. Currently I'm just thinking of keeping it really simple, the hair style I'm looking at is this:

VoguecoverJan57.jpg

with a small tiara, perhaps with some small white roses in the back of the hair

31jjqD2lySL_SX280_SH35_.jpg

It's not a very big wedding so I'm wondering if a veil or headpiece would be too much? I should shh now as this is a little off topic.

I was also going to buy some lace to make a bolero to go with the dress today, but again I was worried it would look too overdone. Opinions on whether or not to make it would be much appreciated. I was reading that they were quite common in the fifties, particularly if the bride was wearing a strapless dress (modesty and all that). I was going to make the bolero from this pattern:

4270.jpg

Moodle

New in Town
lyburnum, that dress is gorgeous!--this thread is such inspiration to me to suck it up and learn to sew...

The cardigan took me about three or four weeks to knit, with at least a few hours tv-watching/knitting a day. I usually go a bit slower, but I was impatient to get this one finished. And thank you guys for all your compliments!--the pattern (from the latest issue of Interweave Knits, if there are any other knitters reading) definitely gets the credit, but I'll happily bask in any praise nonetheless.

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
Congratulations lyburnum! You look absolutely stunning in that dress. The bolero is cute but the line of the dress is so gorgeous with the coloured bow contrast that personally I wouldn't want to cover it up at all.

ShortClara

One Too Many
lyburnum, beautiful! I agree - don't cover up that gorgeous dress unless you're cold :)

and I heartily recommend a tiara - how often does a girl really get to wear one?

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
ShortClara said:
lyburnum, beautiful! I agree - don't cover up that gorgeous dress unless you're cold :)

and I heartily recommend a tiara - how often does a girl really get to wear one?

In my case, so infrequently that I'm thinking of getting one just to wear around the house. lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I agree, I wouldn't put a bolero over that lovely dress but, if you must, what about a lace one? I know that wouldn't solve the warmth issue but you'd be able to see the colored sash.

A tiara would look lovely with that outfit, especially with the roses. I've always liked this copy of Audrey Hepburn's tiara from Roman Holiday; http://www.tiaratown.com/ah.htm. They reproduce her necklace from that film too.

How fun to wear a tiara --maybe we should start the FL travelling tiara too?

lonestarcasie

New in Town
Overalls!

000_0014.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Here are some overalls I just made from a vintage pattern. I have wanted a pair of these for so long. I did end up adjusting the pattern. I had to make it smaller and I took the pleats out of the pants. It is also really supposed to be a detachable bib, but I knew I just wanted overalls, so I sewed the bib on permanently. I am so happy with them and they are super comfy!

ShortClara

One Too Many
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I MUST make some soon... must...

lonestarcasie said:
000_0014.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Here are some overalls I just made from a vintage pattern. I have wanted a pair of these for so long. I did end up adjusting the pattern. I had to make it smaller and I took the pleats out of the pants. It is also really supposed to be a detachable bib, but I knew I just wanted overalls, so I sewed the bib on permanently. I am so happy with them and they are super comfy!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
000_0014.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What a great job, you look fantastic! What year was the pattern made?

Also, is that cutie in the picture your child?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic