Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I made another pair of the ever popular Eva Dress trousers, this time in a light weight denim.
5532332462_35d5389532.jpg

kamikat, you always make the cutest clothes!
X
BD

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Ladies, please I need some help.
I bought two patterns for western shirts, and I pretty much understand how to make them. The question is, where can I find how much fabric I need? How do I calculate it? Or is it somewhere on the pattern and have I overlooked it... Sorry to bother you with stupid questions.

Tatum

Practically Family
Ladies, please I need some help.
I bought two patterns for western shirts, and I pretty much understand how to make them. The question is, where can I find how much fabric I need? How do I calculate it? Or is it somewhere on the pattern and have I overlooked it... Sorry to bother you with stupid questions.

There should be yardage on the back of the envelope (near to where the sizing is most of the time), if the pattern came with one. If not, lay the pattern pieces out the way the cutting diagram shows and measure. I will try to find an image online for you...

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Thank you Tatum! I totally overlooked the Yds! Gosh I'm stupid :p
You're not stupid, just starting out. Also, make sure you pay attention to the width of the fabric, most modern fashion fabric is 42-46" wide, but not all. I once bought the yardage for 44"wide fabric not thinking about the fact that the fabric I chose was only 36" wide, needless to say, I did not have enough!

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
You're not stupid, just starting out. Also, make sure you pay attention to the width of the fabric, most modern fashion fabric is 42-46" wide, but not all. I once bought the yardage for 44"wide fabric not thinking about the fact that the fabric I chose was only 36" wide, needless to say, I did not have enough!

I bought fabric and asked for help at the store. The man who owns the place was ever so kind to me :) He helped me with the measurements since we have the centimeter system and the pattern is American. So now I am going to call my grandma and ask if she will help me getting started. There is so much to learn I am very excited!

Katue

Familiar Face
What a Nice suit! I really like the sleeves!
May be a wierd question but do you know what uderwear the model is wearing in this picture? It's beautiful! I'd like to buy one for myself!

Katue

Familiar Face
IMG_1348.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1349.jpg

This is a suit I made for school this month. For once my professors actually liked the vintage inspiration and styling--I just wish I'd had more than 5 minutes to do the model's hair and makeup...

What a Nice suit! I really like the sleeves!
May be a wierd question but do you know what uderwear the model is wearing in this picture? It's beautiful! I'd like to buy one for myself!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
IMG_1348.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1349.jpg

This is a suit I made for school this month. For once my professors actually liked the vintage inspiration and styling--I just wish I'd had more than 5 minutes to do the model's hair and makeup...

Oh gosh, this is so fabulous! I usually have a phobia of suits but this is adorable. And I love the shoes sooo much!

Lillie Librarie

New in Town
Sorry the pictures are so bad but there was no one to take a picture of me before I left. This is a dress I whipped up in a few hours for a friend's 'James Buchanan Inaugural Ball' themed party.

9fc20218.jpg
[/IMG]

d7c4192f.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran