Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Myn

New in Town
I've been scrolling back looking at all the creations, and all I can say is you guys are amazing. And that I'd better get cracking so I can show something off too! I do a much better job buying patterns than actually sewing them up. :eusa_doh: Thanks for the inspiration though!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia that skirt is gorgeous! I LOVE circle skirts, they're so easy to make and incredibly versatile! They can be attached to a waistband and made into a skirt, or they can be attached to a bodice for a dress. Almost all the dresses I make have circle skirts as they're very flattering on me. It's a great way to make lots of different dresses in an easy way :D

Actually I'm writing a tutorial for circle skirts for the Australian Costumer's Guild newsletter, COZtume. I'm also working on a 50's style petticoat tutorial as well :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Meggan_Lane said:
Pink, I started this same dress some time ago and never finished it. I have been sewing for some time and don't think I did anything wrong the so far product is just a little screwy. I will have to break it out again and figure out what went wrong!

I agree with you about the dress. It doesn't seem to flow like the majority of the dresses I've made especially on the hips. Almost like it needs more gores or something.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Myn said:
I've been scrolling back looking at all the creations, and all I can say is you guys are amazing. And that I'd better get cracking so I can show something off too! I do a much better job buying patterns than actually sewing them up. :eusa_doh: Thanks for the inspiration though!
I am the same way.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
I made this a looooooooong time ago but this is the first time I've worn it. Blame the 3 inch belt buckle. It was damn near impossible to find!

l_77a24da1b1be3a9223b25e1cc1b0a28c.jpg

It's just a simple circle skirt. :)

Which pattern did you use? It's very cute on you!!

ShannonMB

New in Town
Polynesian Paradise.

We went to a big band dance with a polynesian paradise theme. Soooo much fun...did some swing dancing (which I'm terrible at). I whipped out this dress the morning of the dance. It's a merging of a shirt pattern and a jumper pattern.

fedora1.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
^ What she said! The dress, the print, the pattern, the shoes, the hair, the flower, the makeup - it all goes extremely well together for a period look, and the impact is extremely flattering. And I love your smile! Way to go! :eusa_clap

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
RedHotRidinHood said:
Which pattern did you use? It's very cute on you!!

I used the pattern we bought that day. I simply shortened a bit. :)

And really? I like to call it the "poor girl can't afford crinoline" look.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
not vintage, but fun

I made these last year for Halloween for the hubby and myself (we went as Cobra Commander and The Baroness)

Halloween4.jpg

Halloween3.jpg

His hood took FOREVER to get right, especially appliquing the teeny little COBRA symbol. But it was a lot of fun :)

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
swingtimegal said:
I made these last year for Halloween for the hubby and myself (we went as Cobra Commander and The Baroness)

Halloween4.jpg

Halloween3.jpg

His hood took FOREVER to get right, especially appliquing the teeny little COBRA symbol. But it was a lot of fun :)

You did a great job! And those are costumes you can wear again!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
swingtimegal said:

Halloween4.jpg

Halloween3.jpg

Those costumes are pretty rad.

No, way rad!

I finally got these pics up, a dress I made fora friend. She has not had the opportunity to wear it yet, but I hope to see her in it soon!

Its from an Eva Dress pattern.

evadress9906.jpg
front.jpg

You can check out the process here.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot