Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Thank You!

Thank you very much Joan, Joie and AnnaMaria.

The material for the second suit is a rayon blend, I got it at Hancock a couple of weeks ago on Sale. It was part of their Spring Fabrics collection, so I think most of the stores got it..

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lillielil said:
I started sewing very recently, so please forgive any glaring beginner mistakes you see.
So let me show you an unflattering picture in which I would benefit greatly from wearing proper undergarments:
workinggirldress.jpg

Very lovely! You did a great job!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Sunny said:
Lousy pictures here, but I've finished a couple of things. First, a skirt made from a wool/silk/unknown blend picked up on the remnant table, from this sports skirt pattern from 1940.

advance_2513_002.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

The material is a plain light khaki; the light makes it a lot yellower.

I never know where pockets are going to end up, but these are really cute. I've got some fitting work to do on the pattern itself, but once that's done I'll definitely be using it again.

And now, a nightgown. I used blue and white microcheck gingham, polycotton so I won't have to iron it :D, and this pattern from 1942:

Llg697.jpg

I looked for several months before I found one that had the bodice shaping and detail I liked. Bonus that it had a short version! I can't stand long nightgowns, even in the winter.

Instead of lace, I used small bias ruffles to make my own frills. All but the waist and skirt seams are finished with bias binding. (Yes, I went a little crazy with the neatness.) It took a while to finish.

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! I really love them both!! SO cute!! I love the patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
For summer casual wear.
This is the big shirt, and altered version of the jacket of this pattern. The facing for the back of the shirt was expected to be made on your own (as written in the instructions).
pat39902L.jpg

front-5.jpg
buttondetail-1.jpg

Its blue linen, and it was so quick to make. I do want to work on adjusting the shoulders a bit, but I do like it.

I used some vintage brass buttons, and I like how they look altho, Im not a big fan of brass buttons. On the next one I make, I do plan on making the front button up like in the pic in the upper right :)

LD

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
WHEW!! I finally got it done....

So this is the shirtwaist I started a few weeks ago.
Had to practice,practice,practice my button holes but it's finnaly done.
A little shorter than a wanted but cute nonetheless.
Now this was a 22 and I normally wear an 18 or 20 in a fitted dress like this so it just fits. I'll wear my body shaper under it to help hold my tummy in a little and I have my eye on some really cute shoes. If I don't find any others I like I'll get them and take a pic of me in this.
So I recommend this pattern and I'd say is a 5 (1 -10) on the difficulty scale for a moderate sewer like me.
I left it big so you could see the print better. Don't know why it's sideways.???
S5000784.jpg

kerry

One of the Regulars
Real Swell Gal said:
Now this was a 22 and I normally wear an 18 or 20 in a fitted dress like this so it just fits. I'll wear my body shaper under it to help hold my tummy in a little and I have my eye on some really cute shoes. If I don't find any others I like I'll get them and take a pic of me in this.
So I recommend this pattern and I'd say is a 5 (1 -10) on the difficulty scale for a moderate sewer like me.
I left it big so you could see the print better. Don't know why it's sideways.???
S5000784.jpg
That is a really pretty dress :) Which pattern did you use?
Kerry x

Sunny

One Too Many
Real Swell Gal said:
S5000784.jpg
Aww, that's darling! And you did the belt, too! I'm just in love with that color green. Way to go!

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
kerry said:
Thanks, I think I will have a go at this one:)
Kerry
The tricky part was the yolk interfacing. I kept getting the stupid thing in backwards. I must have tore it out three times before I got it right.
So when you cut the pieces make sure you mark the markings well. lol!
I want to make another in a different print now that I know what I'm doing.

Here are the wedgies I bought today. AND they had a buy one get one sale!!
Wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensStory&BLC=WomensPromoWedges&Width=Regular&ItemCode=59932&LotNumber=062032&Type=Adult&Popularity=1238&DescriptiveColor=White

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Real Swell Gal said:
Man, I am so envious of ladies who can buy open or peep-toed shoes. It's not that I can't wear them, it's just that I can't wear them to work. And it irks me to buy shoes if I can't wear them to work, money being what it is.
I hate OSHA.:mad:

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Man, I am so envious of ladies who can buy open or peep-toed shoes. It's not that I can't wear them, it's just that I can't wear them to work. And it irks me to buy shoes if I can't wear them to work, money being what it is.
I hate OSHA.:mad:
I can't wear them to work either. I work in a dentist office.
But every summer I have a bunch of family reunions,weddings, parties ect that we have to attend so this will be my "nice" summer outfit.

The thing is I'm just a shoe junkie.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Real Swell Gal that dress is lovely and my favorite color. I have to learn to do button holes nexted.

Here is some stuff I made. For give the crappy pics.
Picture1017.jpg
Picture1016.jpg

The jeans style zipper almost killed my machine. I didn't quite understand the directions but I wanted to challange myself. I need to do the stiching at the top of the pleats still. This skirt was harder than I thought it'd be. I don't think I'll make it again.
Picture989.jpg

I need to fix the hem on this but I think it will be great for dancing if ever I learn how. I am gonna make a ton of these for summer.

Picture986.jpg

This was my first real vintage pattern and my first time grading a pattern. I am going to shorten the bodice on the next one I do and the skirt still needs to be smaller.

Picture983.jpg
Picture980.jpg
Picture979.jpg

I Made this for the Dolly Parton concert but I think it's to much. The caplet is lined with the same material the dress is made from. It would have been fully reversable but I ran out of that fabric. The pics suck so I don't know if you can see the cute half hat/headband I made.

Sorry for the long post. I made another dress but it looks like a burlap sack. :)

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Oh DeadPanDive those are great outifts and they look perfect on you. I really like the last outfit - it and you are adorable.
I'm almost finished with my first "vintage" pattern dress. Pics soon to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy