Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
I finished the hem on this one earlier so I could wear it tonite.

WOW you're a machine! I love all your dresses! Please send some of your motivation my way so I might finish my 1 dress before the end of the Summerlol

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks GG and Grey!

I finished the hem on this one earlier so I could wear it tonite.

Fabric:
l_b514db36f977b51416fd07db2105cef5.jpg

l_efb91bf629546f20a7d8b662cf806ae3.jpg

This pattern:
l_db0ff8e6e0704c91410f3874159aeddd.jpg
I have that pattern. It's nice see it made up. I think I might have to make it now. Thank you

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
goldwyn girl, I love the green two piece, argh now I need to sew something green!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Pink Dahlia I love that fabric, I have sewn that pattern myself and found it a nightmare to fit despite it saying it is easy on the pattern, your version is gorgeous, once I have finished the crinoline for mine I may post it soon. meanwhile here is my latest effort.
I will never use this fabric again, it was a nightmare to sew, though it is very lush fake moleskin (people kept stroking it!) the print is not very colourfast and is now forever imprinted on my ironing board!!!!!

It is my version of this:-
patt.jpg

patt1.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Dear EVERYONE,

Thank you so much for all the kind words! Miss Red said it looked great too but I didn't feel very convinced. I think maybe with a crinoline it would look spectacular. Unfortunately I don't own one. :eek:

But again thank you. Believe it or not it was Valentine's fabric. It was half off!

Thanks for the compliment on the hair GG. It's faded a little. :( But I do think it's my favorite hair color yet.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
TheKitschGoth said:
hat_a.jpg

My first attempt at making a hat.
I'm truly impressed by all the ladies sewing skills in this thread, especially Lady Day's. It's breathtaking. This pic was so beautiful I had to quote it even though it was posted a year back.

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:
fluffy-tiger, love your dress, shame about the fabric.

I know, because it is so lush and soft, luckily I have scraps so I can test how it washes before I try to clean it, I think it might survive a cold wash hopefully, because the dress is so lovely to wear, and I can't afford a dry cleaners.. :eusa_doh:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
This is so sweet it's giving me a tooth ache! I adore the dress and the girl!
CherryRed said:
This is my step-daughters prom gown. I was quite pleased at how well it turned out.
dress1-2.jpg
P.S. My apologies for not commenting on newer posts, it's just that I'm going through this thread and am only on p 45!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
It's based off of several vintage patterns, but it's actually mine.

I'm starting a line of my own vintage inspired and also vintage accurate womens/ mens/ childrens clothing. Hopefully out by the end of the month. It was supposed to be out by this weekend, but due to other deadlines needed to be pushed back.

You can see a better close up of it here:
http://www.RationFashion.com
And did I mention, Leatte's snoods will also be featured?

sorry if this falls into the shameless self promotion catagory, feel free to take it down if I've crossed a boundary! :)

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Sorry all- still sort of :eek:fftopic:
Lyburnum- Thanks so much- I'm looking forward to it as well! :)

Darhling- I'm not positive of pricing for the individual pieces yet, still working that out. I want to keep it reasonable though without underselling myself. I'd like to say tentatively around $125-150 for the completed outfit (both pieces).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy