Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Finally I got a pattern (thank you fluffy tiger!!) :D

PICT0072.jpg

And it was so much easier than I thought it would be! Used less than half of the net suggested too. I would have gone crazy with 48 yards of the stuff I think!!!!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
PICT0072.jpg

And it was so much easier than I thought it would be! Used less than half of the net suggested too. I would have gone crazy with 48 yards of the stuff I think!!!!

That's great Dolly! Will you wear it on the 11th?:)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks GG!

I just finished this 1920s frock.
l_c18f3be0e75f6caba71bc5a596877a10.jpg

Vintage glass buttons:
l_644c5bee6d11f12c1c45532576a9c414.jpg

Pattern:
l_dcf76ef7e9022e07c7e39e347ea8d53f.jpg

I am certain I will NEVER do a square neck again. We got into a fight and although it's not perfect it looks OK. [huh]

Quite simply pink, you ROCKED that dress. It looks amazing on you!

And where did you get those darling shoes!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks GG!

I just finished this 1920s frock.
l_c18f3be0e75f6caba71bc5a596877a10.jpg

Vintage glass buttons:
l_644c5bee6d11f12c1c45532576a9c414.jpg

Pattern:
l_dcf76ef7e9022e07c7e39e347ea8d53f.jpg

I am certain I will NEVER do a square neck again. We got into a fight and although it's not perfect it looks OK. [huh]

Quite simply pink, you ROCKED that dress. It looks amazing on you!

And where did you get those darling shoes!

I remember a year or so ago when you made your first dress (which was really well made from the beginning) and now look at you--conquering square necklines and churning out amazing piece after amazing piece.

Three cheers for Pink!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Dottie & Zaika

Thanks so much for the compliments! :eek:

And Dottie
I wouldn't say I conquered that neckline but I could say I refused to let it conquer me!

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
dollydaydream said:
PICT0072.jpg

Im glad you found it useful, it is increadibly easy, once you get going, but so boring to cut and sew, you just feel like you are sewing the same straight line forever, and yes you do feel like you may lose it but its so satisfying when you finish it and get it under a dress. I like your idea of using fabric at the top of yours,yours looks much less painful to sew I may try that on my next one, however I finished the pink and blue one I mentioned the other day in the full 48 yards in two afternoons (nowhere near the three hours Alice Lon's mum claimed they can be made she must have been a sewing trojan):-

petticoat.jpg

Darhling, that purple dress is so slinky and lovely, how easy was it to convert the pattern? I looks perfect lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
fluffy-tiger said:
Darhling, that purple dress is so slinky and lovely, how easy was it to convert the pattern? I looks perfect lol

Thank you! It is very slinky!! It was quite easy to convert the pattern, I think - but I really wish it wouldn't be so shiny with the flash, it is MUCH more subdued without/ in regular lighting.

Mojito

One Too Many
Love it, Pink! And what perfect shoes with it.

Darhling, I quite like the sheen on the dress that shows up in the photo - it looks like those liquid, shimmering satins of the 30s. Such a pretty colour, too.

fluffy-tiger said:
Im glad you found it useful, it is increadibly easy, once you get going, but so boring to cut and sew, you just feel like you are sewing the same straight line forever, and yes you do feel like you may lose it but its so satisfying when you finish it and get it under a dress. I like your idea of using fabric at the top of yours,yours looks much less painful to sew I may try that on my next one, however I finished the pink and blue one I mentioned the other day in the full 48 yards in two afternoons (nowhere near the three hours Alice Lon's mum claimed they can be made she must have been a sewing trojan):-

petticoat.jpg

Oh I love it!! The main reason I used fabric at the top was because I didn't think I'd have enough net....turns out I would have, but it feels less scratcy on my hips that way! Did you cut the top as for a circle skirt? I couldn't qute figure out what it meant so I just went with another length (I'm obviously quite good at cutting corners lol lol lol)

That crinoline is so ace!! I just want to sit & make dresses and things allll day every day. Unfortunately my sewing machine likes to make things quite difficult sometimes lol

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
dollydaydream said:
Oh I love it!! The main reason I used fabric at the top was because I didn't think I'd have enough net....turns out I would have, but it feels less scratcy on my hips that way! Did you cut the top as for a circle skirt? I couldn't qute figure out what it meant so I just went with another length (I'm obviously quite good at cutting corners lol lol lol)

That crinoline is so ace!! I just want to sit & make dresses and things allll day every day. Unfortunately my sewing machine likes to make things quite difficult sometimes lol

Yes, I cut two full circles (like a circle skirt) out of a yard then cut out circular holes in the middle of them large enough to go over my hips (they look like donuts). Then cut the rest into the 8 yard strips, I do the two layers separate (one circle + 1 ruffle + 3 ruffles + ribbon, then other layer the same), then sew them together at the waist - top layer facing inside out, then turn the top layer into the inside (so now right side out and no scratchy seam at waist) then put elastic in between the two layers and sew a channel for it if you get what I mean.
It is turning into an addiction as it has brought a couple of my dresses to life, and now I want more pretty colours, I already have enough net left over for another, I just haven't decided what colour to do the ribbon. lol

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I can finally post this.. the butterick retro dress that I altered to be a one shoulder dress instead. The fabric shows up wierd though, it isn't that shiny at all!!

DSC01854.jpg

TWo words to describe this dress Darhling--VA! VOOM!!!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Dahling, WOW, what a stunner! That dress was my New Year's Eve dress. I don't think I can ever wear it again. It looks so much better when it's on the right figure! (not saying mine is bad just better suited to full skirts)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Capri's made by me

Sorry for the glare, stupid flash and mirror not getting along.
patterncapri.jpg
[/IMG]
capripants.jpg
[/IMG]
sidecapri.jpg
[/IMG]
These are the first pants I have ever made. I did have to grade the pattern ever so slightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy