Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was busy this past weekend....
Besides hemming some pants, letting down the hem on some skirts, altering 5 dresses ,and two jackets....

I needed some blouses, so I altered my Simplicity pattern to make blouses out of it.

Simplicity2955.jpg
pattern.jpg

Here are the results. I applied different treatments to them (pleats, cuffs, gathers etc), and Im way happy with the fit. They were SUPER Easy to whip up, 4 hours, tops. I choose simple buttons so they would work as staples rather than show pieces. Im going to make some more next weekend!

front-20.jpg
front-22.jpg

front-23.jpg
front-21.jpg

The long sleeved one, I made the cuffs based on this 20s pattern I have.

swatch.jpg

More details pics and explanations can be seen here.
Thanks all!

LD

ShortClara

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
WOW! You made 4 blouses on the weekend?? Did you eat? sleep?:)

Lady Day doesn't require sustenance or sleep like we mere mortals. Super Sewer is able to draw strength from her sheer awesomeness!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
AdaVeen, I have made a few for Etsy - I just have to get myself up and selling again. Now that their vintage sections are reado all my cutting and sewing in stages on multiple bags at a time to make it really a cost effective use of my free time (i.e. weekends). I already have so many personal writing and sewing projects, I'm overextended 1000% of the time! Oh, well. Too much sharing :)

When I do list I can let you know if you like - PM me :)

ooh, yes please, do! especially if you ever make anything big enough to get a laptop/A4 folder in. I'm always in a desperate need for college bags. I'll PM you my email address, thanks! :D

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
olive bleu said:
what exactly is it about the shorts that you don't like?I think they are adorable and would love to be able to wear short shorts like that!

I think that's my problem too! I don't feel lik eI can pull them off haha. I don't know what it is exactly just anything high waisted I'm never sure about.

The Shirt

Practically Family
The shorts are darling on you! I think they really look great. The blouse tucked in like you show and perhaps a wedge or heel will elongate you.

I sooo wish I weren't a pear shaped girl when I see things like those!

ValerieAmelia said:
The whole reason for the belted cardigan is because it was the first dress I ever made and I didn't do a great job on the bodice, I need to take it in...But I was sick of not wearing it! I'm fixing it when I go to my cabin this week hopefully.

3780.jpg

It was this pattern, and sorry for not getting back sooner! :)

I'm currently making this. Cutting the pattern right now lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
the bottom looks funny because it's pinned. I finally won a crinoline on eBay, so I'll hem it after the crinoline arrives.

2632534288_7c179edf17.jpg

anabolina

A-List Customer
dollydaydream said:
When I tried that, I couldn't make sense of the instructions for the bodice & ended up making it all wrong, so I made mine into a skirt instead lol

I understand. I sewed most of this (except the hem, zipper, and little fitting issues) a couple of months ago, so I'm not sure why it was wonky, but I remember having to go off and do my own thing rather than following the direction. I also converted the 'straps' into cap sleeves.

Wow Kamikat, I love your dress. Beautiful fabric and a great fit. Congrats on the new crinoline too.

ShortClara

One Too Many
ValeriaAmelia, really cute shower curtain! And the shorts – to die for!

Anabolina, nice job on that pattern! I have that one printed out, but I haven’t made it yet.

Kamikat, another gorgeous creation! SUCH a gorgeous color.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
KamiKat that is gorgeous!! such a great colour for you :D

Well I've bought some wools from work, plus I have some stash fabric, so tomorrow I'm spending the day cutting out! I don't think I'll get any actual sewing done, but at least it's one step closer! My next day off is Monday, so hopefully I'll have some new outfits to show off then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran