Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Aw thanks, gals, I hope she likes it. Im nervous about the fit, but she is a perfect 38" bust, so...

Im rather impressed with her hubby, who came up with the idea. Hes just as excited, its like its his dress too lol

LD

Inky

One Too Many
I didn't make this all - it's from Vermont Country Store actually, but I did take it in at the waist, and cut off nearly 6 inches from the hem and made a belt using Dritz belting and a vintage white buckle. I think it looks much better than the original and I hope you do too.

3694758384_71ef2afeb9.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
Inky said:
I didn't make this all - it's from Vermont Country Store actually, but I did take it in at the waist, and cut off nearly 6 inches from the hem and made a belt using Dritz belting and a vintage white buckle. I think it looks much better than the original and I hope you do too.

Stunning. The alterations are perfect!

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

Oh, Inky, that turned out really pretty! The length is great, and the red shoes are darling with it. Too cute, lady!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Inky, that's adorable! I love what you did- it looks super vintage :)

Here's some things I made this weekend, and I wrote more about them and have more pics here.
hooddress1.jpg

pants1.jpg

:D I feel like I got a lot done! Yay!

Rhian

New in Town
Lauren, I couldn't love your hooded dress more if I tried! I've never seen a dress like it, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a pattern like yours. I like your trousers very much too - were they from the "Nautical Influence" pattern? You look fantastic in both outfits... I feel so inspired and really must dust off my sewing machine soon!

Lauren

Thanks, ladies! Yes, they're the nautical inspired ones. This is the second time I've made them, and I love it! LD, they are made of lightweight denim. Super flowy and great for summer wear :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, those trousers look perfect, it doesn't look like you need a bigger pair, like you say in the blog post.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Inky that dress is utterly delicious!
Lauren I envy your sewing abilities.That hooded dress is just too cute! and I'm so in love with the style of those trousers. Are they from an evadress pattern?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Inky and Lauren!!!! Gah!! In my sewing queue I've got a sailor dress drom 1972 that I'm going to alter to look more 30s and I've also got Hollywood 9919, which is "pyjama trousers" as advertised by Priscilla Lane.

Yours both look great and I want to now sew three things at once :eek:

Lauren

Bwhahaha! Evil plan worked! kidding...
But seriously, you guys have me super intimidated- all your crowd looks so perfectly 30s that I HAD to make new things!
Thanks bunches ladies for the compliments on my dress and pants! Back to the sewing machine for me...

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
Right! You've finally done it! Enough of my procrastinating in here - I'm off to get on with making all the things I have to before the beginning of August!

*Sound of slamming door and footsteps running to sewing machine*

Must be the British Weather Miss Sis!:whistling

ive been doing the same....:eusa_clap

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren! You are a sewing goddess. :p I love everything, especially the first one - the wind in the ruffles in the picture make it look so 30s-out-in-space, haha. And I'm such a sucker for bows, so you really got me on the green dress and the hat!

Blondie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
I finally finished this dress. A friend wanted me to make a vintage piece for his wife. They are expecting their first child. I helped him buy the pattern, and picked out the fabric. It was also my first time working with a maternity pattern.

vogue8278.jpg
dressfront.jpg
bothfront2.jpg

Its such a cute dress. The collar is detachable, and the belt tie casing is sewn beneath the back of the dress. I also added a little embroidery on the jacket (linen). The dress is a cotton calico. The buttons are wood.

flowerapplique.jpg
bustdetail.jpg

belttie.jpg

It has to be one of the most labor intensive garments Ive ever made. I think it was the pleats, though. Im going to send it out Monday, I hope she likes it :)

LD

Lady Day, i wish i was your friend and getting a cute frock in the post !!!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren said:
I took some more pics of sewing things that I forgot yesterday :)
redwhiteblue1.jpg

greenlacedress.jpg

20shat01.jpg

More pics and info here.

BEAUTIFUL!

I have made that hat, it ain't easy. Funny, mine came out really tight (and I have a tiny head) and yours looks like it came out loose. What a difference in fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran