Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is my first vintage dress in a while. I think we've gotten into our school year routine, so I hope to do more sewing.
3932015791_074477a080.jpg

3932797214_7fee838661.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You gals have made some great things. DPD, that eyelet blouse is adorable.

I dont know if I posted these hats, but I made them from the pattern swap pattern I got :)

40sblacktopper2.jpg
40stantopper.jpg

485bdb16a2265_56516b.jpg

I really like the topper as I have a *huge* head.

LD

quona

New in Town
Edit : Oh, oops. I didn't even see this thread until my post got moved here. Yay.

Well, this pattern was discussed earlier, but I figured I'd show an example of the final product.

9016.jpg

This pattern scales WONDERFULLY for we girls who are more... shapely. My waist is 11 inches smaller than my bust and hips, and I was able to make this pattern work for me, which is usually pretty tough. It stays up of its own accord without the suspenders, but I LOVE suspenders, so I made mine out of matching denim and added the buttons in the stead of elastic hoops. I also top-stitched the pocket detail on the back in gold thread.

The result :

SDC10704-1.jpg
SDC10703-1.jpg

Edit, again :

I have more to add! This is what I wore to the "Golden Age of Hollywood" themed gala that I went to last year. This was my first foray into making things without patterns. I made the hat as well.

n1316524679_1081787_7280207.jpg
9435_1109874949863_1316524679_1081788_2883095_n.jpg
IMG00112-20090217-1725-1.jpg

I also helped my friend (who is new to the world of seamstress-work) make HER dress for the gala... I also did the hat and matching clutch...

IMG00153-20090228-2125-1.jpg
IMG00108-20090214-0204-1.jpg
IMG00109-20090214-2141-1.jpg

quona

New in Town
LAST photos. I swear. Lol. Just two of my hair accessories.

And my most-used hair accessory... it's just feathers sewn to a little fabric circle, but it goes with anything.

n1316524679_1082626_2718858.jpg

Another hair accessory... a little summer hat. I have a larger one that I embroidered, but I don't have pictures of it yet : (

IMG00210-20090312-2056-1.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
i'm not sure if its appropriate to post these here as they are not vintage designs ... they ARE however, completely created from vintage & antique japanese kimono & obi silk & rayons... they are some of the costumes i designed & made for melbourne modern dance company balletlabs production origami - hence the folded detailing...

(the photographs are c/ the ngv & arts centre victoria arts department and are posted here with their permission...)

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

quona

New in Town
analiebe said:
i'm not sure if its appropriate to post these here as they are not vintage designs ... they ARE however, completely created from vintage & antique japanese kimono & obi silk & rayons... they are some of the costumes i designed & made for melbourne modern dance company balletlabs production origami - hence the folded detailing...

(the photographs are c/ the ngv & arts centre victoria arts department and are posted here with their permission...)

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Wow. I would probably wear those. I love dramatic clothes. :D

These look like they could be three more looks in Dior's Spring '07 couture line, which is one of my all-time favourites, but yours have much tinier and exact detail... it's very cool.

I just adore the gigantic fan/bow in the fourth picture. Really excellent work.

analiebe

A-List Customer
thankyou quona... the design process for these actually began in 2005... the first australian production was in late 2006 and toured here til 07 before heading overseas touring into last year.... i love the opportunity to design for performance as it enables a more extreme design expression than would be possible in day or even evening wear... i've designed a whole series of the origami bustle style pieces (the design you particularly liked) and am looking at doing custom versions for high-class, theatrical, burlesque performance...

hey miss sis :) ... the garments were designed specifically to be able to be moved in (obviously... being designed for dance) the "jacket" design was for the male dancers and was actually quite open & free... really only a collar & sleeve in actuality held together with the obi like waist panel... all the designs certainly appear quite stiff and structured, even armour-like, which was the intention ...but in fact were very free moving as the choreography & application demanded...

n589947533_1776749_5158.jpg

if you're interested you can see a few images of the garments (& others from the same production) "in action"... here

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Lady Day - I love the polka dot hat! A shirtwaist dress from the same would be so cute!

Quona - gorgeous gowns! I love the jewel tones.

analiebe - those costumes are crazy gorgeous!! I esp. love the second one.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
analiebe said:
[...] completely created from vintage & antique japanese kimono & obi silk & rayons... [...]

These are truly beautiful, museum quality pieces. Amazing work!! :eusa_clap

mentha

Familiar Face
Seeing all those wonderful results, really makes me bummed and jealous that I can't reach my sewing table due to painting stuff that has taken over my sewing room. Luckily, just today I painted the last windowsill in our house, so I can finally put all that stuff up in the attic and have my room back :) This means that I hope to be able to show a bit of my own sewing skills off here soon!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Everyone's been making fabulous things!!
Kamikat- I always love seeing what you make! You have such a fun sense of style :)

analiebe, those are break taking! Your art of fabric manipulation is quite extraordinary!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou