Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Blondie

Practically Family
Tourbillion ~ i love your blouse
Vanessa ~ Oh my, you made that in how many days ???? AMAZING
Lauren ~ you are too cute
DeadPanDiva ~ can't wait to see a pic of her wearing it

Inky

One Too Many
Blondie said:
Wonderful ! I think they look fab on you, not too high at all.
And when i first saw this pic i thought you were wearing some sort of Carmen Miranda hat , after i put my glasses on i realised it was a clock you were standing in front of.;)
Was this a difficult pattern to make ?
3940580197_3b4d56c026.jpg

I would say they are in the intermediate category - self-faced waistbands can be trickier compared to a standard waistband, and the curve and dip in the front was, although not as bad as I expected, not something I'd try if I were new at sewing.

and thank you for thinking they look good on :) I am going to give them a wash and dry and try them on again to see if they need a bit of taking in. Thanks to kamikat's link, I'll be ordering black wool for a pair come payday!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
and thank you for thinking they look good on :) I am going to give them a wash and dry and try them on again to see if they need a bit of taking in.
I haven't made the trousers, but I have found that the skirt needs to be quite snug in order to stay up and for the dip to lie right.

Snookie

Practically Family
Inky said:
all of you have been making such lovely things - i wish i had the time!! but yes, finally, there was actual sewing last week and I made up the Simplicity 4044 pants in a mid-weight denim I had around the house

3940580197_3b4d56c026.jpg

They turned out a bit too loose in the waist, and I think a teeny bit too high. Next time smaller in the waist and lowered down about half an inch or so. I think I am going to add suspenders to this pair.

A black pair will be coming as soon as I find the right fabric!

Very nice trousers! I think they look good with the slim top, too.

I know you have your eye on the wool that Kamikat suggested, but you might also want to check out this black crepe. Machine washable and drapes nicely. If you PM me your address I'll send you a swatch. It's non-stretch.

SayCici

Practically Family
velvetongue said:
I made this crocheted hat recently and accented it with peacock feathers.

3940413130_8bac79cd24.jpg
Cute, and nice sleeve! I'm learning how to crochet now, I love the ribbon you have going through it.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Very pretty, velvetongue! I love the texture combined with the softness of the feather.

Here's my latest dress. I'm actually quite pleased with it :D
plaiddresss.jpg

There's some more pics and such on my blog.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! Tourbillion, I am indeed... my everyday wardrobe already has kind of a modern/50s feel to it, and I looked at my closet a few weeks ago and it needs some more updating. I like 50s for everyday cause I don't have to set my hair. I hate doing my hair!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Anyone want to do an apron sew-along? I just went through my winter clothes and all my tops have bleach and/or cooking and coffee stains. I need more aprons and I need to wear them all the time!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
What's that? I'd do it! :D

LD
On another board, we do sew-alongs by choosing a specific start and finish date, posting pics of pattern and fabric on or before the start date, posting progress reports, then post pics of the finished garments on the finish date. The idea is that having a deadline and other people with you will help you achieve your goal. This sounds like a great thing for an apron because for me, at least, I hate spending sewing time on something I won't wear out of the house. Doing a sew-along will make apron sewing more fun by sharing with others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy