Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
I made both views of the popular EvaDress jumper pattern:

jan2010024.jpg

jan2010025.jpg

Just a note for anyone who wants to make this version: the instructions are actually for a faux-jumper dress, eg. rather than a separate blouse there's like a faux inset, you attach the sleeves, etc. but if you don't want to do that, it's easy enough to just bias the sleeve openings and whatnot.

jan2010026.jpg

jan2010032.jpg
So cute. I have been eying that pattern for ages.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
SayCici said:

jan2010024.jpg

jan2010025.jpg

Just a note for anyone who wants to make this version: the instructions are actually for a faux-jumper dress, eg. rather than a separate blouse there's like a faux inset, you attach the sleeves, etc. but if you don't want to do that, it's easy enough to just bias the sleeve openings and whatnot.

jan2010026.jpg

jan2010032.jpg
Am I blind ?? I'm not seeing it on the site. Both versions looks great !

SayCici

Practically Family
Goldwyngirl, haha you probably don't recognize them without the blouse underneath! I'll be making that soon. Here's the pattern:
1684.jpg

Thanks DPD! :) I think you should go for it - they're so quick to make and really stretch out your wardrobe since you can swap out different blouses.

Lorena B

Practically Family
SayCici said:

jan2010024.jpg

jan2010025.jpg

jan2010026.jpg

jan2010032.jpg
AAHHH, THEY ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
SayCici said:

jan2010024.jpg

jan2010025.jpg

jan2010026.jpg

jan2010032.jpg

Oh my golly... I am loving both of these!! Gorgeous work, girl! ;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
SayCici said:
Goldwyngirl, haha you probably don't recognize them without the blouse underneath! I'll be making that soon. Here's the pattern:
1684.jpg

Thanks DPD! :) I think you should go for it - they're so quick to make and really stretch out your wardrobe since you can swap out different blouses.
Yep !! that would be the problem lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
LOVE LOVE LOVE that pattern!! Whay aren't you *INSIDE* of it???

I finished this yesterday:

20444_266053394163_624014163_3349012_1137363_n.jpg

n624014163_1530829_3148921.jpg

It's cute, but not much different than Hollywood 763, which I've made 3 times before. This one I had to size up whereas HW 763 is perfect. Hmmmm, in the future I wonder which pattern I'll be using instead....

n624014163_1557280_8107039.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
AJ, it's cute, but you're right, almost exactly like the Hollywood one. The only reason I can see for using one over the other is the slimmer skirt would be great for conserving expensive fabric or maybe a stiffer fabric usually works better with a slimmer skirt.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Those jumpers are the cutest! Now I want to make them.
These were my winter break projects, even though I started them way back in October. They're a little later than Golden Era, but oh well [huh] I'll make up for it with a 40s suspender skirt next.
I took a waste-not, want-not attitude with the skirt - it was way too long, so instead of throwing away the bit I chopped off the bottom, I used it to make the ruffle. For patterns, I used Simplicity 3358(1960) and McCalls 5082(1959).
4301480428_2e68ffe8b1_o.jpg

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
wedding dress

Hey Ladies! Nice job on all the outfits!

I've been working on my friend's wedding dress. I've been lucky so far, but still crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly. This is my first paying job, and it's kind of a big deal for me .... and the bride!! LOL

I just need to tweak the muslin, make the lining and the petticoat...then it's off to buy materials! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_becky/4310124864

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely things, everyone!
Amy Jeanne, that's adorable. Does look almost the same as the other pattern!
miss_smith, I love that cute little outfit, especially the little ruffle. Really flattering neckline, too!
Miss_Becky, that looks amazing so far! Congrats on your first commission!

I had to put vintage sewing on hold, unfortunately, while I made my husband and I our outfits for a Regency dance. His tailcoat was the hardest thing I ever made! Here's us in a more vintage vintage than usual ;)
jaeoutfits.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran