Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thank you, gals!
I admit I'm glad to be back to vintage sewing. It's kind of like instant gratification compared to historical costumes. lol
I made this little skirt over the weekend. I'd been wanting to make it for a long time and even had the fabric set aside so it was time! I have more about it on my blog here.
suspenderskirt1s.jpg

suspenderskirt2s.jpg

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Lauren said:
Thank you, gals!
I admit I'm glad to be back to vintage sewing. It's kind of like instant gratification compared to historical costumes. lol
I made this little skirt over the weekend. I'd been wanting to make it for a long time and even had the fabric set aside so it was time! I have more about it on my blog here.
suspenderskirt1s.jpg

suspenderskirt2s.jpg

That skirt is way, way too cute, Lauren! :D I love the little straps/suspenders...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks so much, gals! :D
Miss Becky, I got the fabric on Etsy. It's vintage and I just had enough to sqeeeezzze out this blouse. It's one of my favorites because of the cheerful print!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Man, you gals have been making some amazing things.
I just havent felt a need to make any clothes. I just dont *need* any right now :eek:

BUT, Im sure that will change soon....:rolleyes:
I guess I gotta buy more patterns to motivate me. Yeah! Thats it.

LD

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Man, you gals have been making some amazing things.
I just havent felt a need to make any clothes. I just dont *need* any right now :eek:

BUT, Im sure that will change soon....:rolleyes:
I guess I gotta buy more patterns to motivate me. Yeah! Thats it.

LD

Need? Need? Need scchhhhmeed I say, its *desire* your looking for, a few new patterns will certainly do the trick to motivate you! I know the feeling though, ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts! This thread is so inspiring though, very talented gals!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
First try...

untitled.jpg

ok that might link... this is my first try to post a picture so hopefully it works... and actually my first venture into vintage sewing... next is a sundress...

I actually made the dress to the left for a event a work about a year ago... then ripped it apart and changed the waist part to white then changed it again to have buttons. In the end it turned out pretty good. Sorry I don't have any better pictures of it.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lorelai99 said:
untitled.jpg

ok that might link... this is my first try to post a picture so hopefully it works... and actually my first venture into vintage sewing... next is a sundress...

I actually made the dress to the left for a event a work about a year ago... then ripped it apart and changed the waist part to white then changed it again to have buttons. In the end it turned out pretty good. Sorry I don't have any better pictures of it.

Looks good. I can never make that type of bodice. It always comes out all crooked and twisted! It that a Butterick Retro '47 pattern, by chance?

jsands

New in Town
The white insert was a nice change, and the buttons are a cute little detail. That's always a nice alternative to change up the wardrobe instead of buying/making new clothes. Making do with the not so new! :)

Perhaps some day I'll be motivated enough to actually make something other than curtains. I'm scared that it'll turn out cute, and then i'll have created a monster. LOL

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Looks good. I can never make that type of bodice. It always comes out all crooked and twisted! It that a Butterick Retro '47 pattern, by chance?

I was wonderfully surprised that it did't come out crooked... Yes it is. B5209. My next project is a pattern I actually bought from your ESTY store back in September that I haven't gotten a chance to make.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
jsands said:
The white insert was a nice change, and the buttons are a cute little detail. That's always a nice alternative to change up the wardrobe instead of buying/making new clothes. Making do with the not so new! :)

Perhaps some day I'll be motivated enough to actually make something other than curtains. I'm scared that it'll turn out cute, and then i'll have created a monster. LOL

Oh well I did all that changing before I ever even wore the thing... I'm very picky about what I make and if I'll wear it. I've made other things and have never worn them... I really need to sit down one of these days and fix them so I wear them.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im sewing again!
I wanted to have a go at my mens repo undies pattern.

fromt.jpg

backbutton.jpg

They were not as hard as I thought, sans the entire thing being done with flat felled seams! :eusa_doh: Couldnt be helped, I 'spose.

Ive posted more info on this adventure on my blog and site, both found in my sig line :)

LD

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
I made this dress recently from a late 30s pattern a friend of mine sweetly sent me. Honestly, not too crazy about the fabric choice and how it jumbles up the tucking details, but silly ol' me just got too caught up in the enthusiasm of the moment and didn't think this one through. ;) (Note to self: don't start sewing projects late at night!) Still, it's really comfortable and I've been trying to resist wearing it every-other-day. haha!

4311444066_36927cf037.jpg

4309182658_91a413f1eb.jpg

4310705785_dc529b7f30.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
OH swingkitten85,
I think the dress is fantastic and despite what you say, i do like the printing.

In the pic suits you beautifully!!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
swingkitten85 said:
I made this dress recently from a late 30s pattern a friend of mine sweetly sent me. Honestly, not too crazy about the fabric choice and how it jumbles up the tucking details, but silly ol' me just got too caught up in the enthusiasm of the moment and didn't think this one through. ;) (Note to self: don't start sewing projects late at night!) Still, it's really comfortable and I've been trying to resist wearing it every-other-day. haha!

4311444066_36927cf037.jpg

4309182658_91a413f1eb.jpg

4310705785_dc529b7f30.jpg

I saw this on your blog and fell in love with it... I'd want to wear it every other day too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran