Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lorelai99 said:
untitled.jpg

Fabulous! I love the contrast and how you used covered buttons to accent. Lovely!

Very nice shorts, LD! When my husband and I were dating I traced him off one of my mens boxer patterns and he made them up. I couldn't believe the amount of detail in them compared to modern boxers! He's asked me to make him some but I keep putting it off. lol. Love the fabric choice, too!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Lorelai, love the dress is absolutely gorgeous, especially with the gloves, as one of the gals said I love the covered buttons really makes it 'pop'.

Casey, saw your blog also, its a lovely dress, love the tucks and little details.

Think this is my favourite FL thread, cant get enough, between this thread, blogs and burdastyle...inspirationville!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
PrairieSunrise said:
Lorelai, the dress is beautiful!

Thanks everyone!! It was a big hit at the event, one lady told me she wanted it... right then... I chose to take that as she really liked the dress...

Making another dress to wear during the day for this year, when it gets finished I'll post a picture.

I made this skirt too but I don't really like it. One of these days I'm going to figure out why and change it so I'll actually wear it.

19741_266219408810_506463810_349005.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lorelai99 said:
I made this skirt too but I don't really like it. One of these days I'm going to figure out why and change it so I'll actually wear it.

19741_266219408810_506463810_349005.jpg

You might try raising the hem a couple inches so the bottom of the skirt hits right at your knee....then you can show off your shapely legs! :) I raised the hemline on a few dresses/skirts and felt they looked more flattering, and then found myself wearing them more often. Just to the knee...not above it....it has a way of putting the figure in balance.

(I leave my 1930's skirts longer when I want to be period accurate)

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
MissAmelina said:
You might try raising the hem a couple inches so the bottom of the skirt hits right at your knee....then you can show off your shapely legs! :) I raised the hemline on a few dresses/skirts and felt they looked more flattering, and then found myself wearing them more often. Just to the knee...not above it....it has a way of putting the figure in balance.

(I leave my 1930's skirts longer when I want to be period accurate)

Good idea! I also really need to fix the closure on it, as it won't lay flat... and I'm not sure why... like I said, new to this whole sewing thing and my mom just lets me figure it out myself instead of offering help....

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
So I know I have my seasons all mixed up but I love summer clothes so much. This was my project from the past week. It's a simplicity reprint pattern. I can't wait for the warm weather!

And I just love these buttons to bits!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Jenniferose7, your creation is lovely, so cheerful!!
Looking at it really makes me think of summer.
Very nice dress sweetheart

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Jenniferose7 i just LOVE that parasol fabric! I look at it every time i find myself in joanns :D cute outfit, i know the feeling i made some high waited linen shorts recently, but it will be summer soon enough haha

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
hailey greenhat said:
Jenniferose7 i just LOVE that parasol fabric! I look at it every time i find myself in joanns :D cute outfit, i know the feeling i made some high waited linen shorts recently, but it will be summer soon enough haha
Isn't it fun?! I saw it on Ebay one day and I thought it jus begged to be made into a sundress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy