Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I'm in the Muncie area. I shoot at Wilbur Wright (near New Castle) and at the Monroe County Conservation Club.

In addition to the '03, you may see me with one (or more) of these.
SquirrelRifle.jpg

Longrifle.jpg
What caliber are the two long rifles?

rjb1

Practically Family
On one of the "reality" cop-shows they had a closeup of one of the cop's desk and he had a framed 8x10 photo of Joe Friday on it.
Dun-duh-dun-dun...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thanks Deacon. Old Sarge that is really cool that your dad and Webb served together. rjb1 you will still see some photos of Webb on desks but the majority around here who put photos on their desks seem to have some form of a Barney Fife picture....but I have seen Webb as Sgt. Friday used as desktop background on a few computers.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
No pictures right now, but I've just cleaned up my grandpa's Savage model 1903. It's a box-fed .22 pump, one of the few ever produced. I've narrowed the date of manufacture to between 1908 and 1914. It's a very simple design, not especially graceful but very functional. I just need to get some standard velocity bullets for it.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
My father just picked this Colt up today from the local Auction place. We don't really know anything about it, except that it is a reproduction, and looks to have never been fired. Any ideas as to what it's value may be to resell, and how we could go about that (such as a gun auction site, or something)? If you need more photos, let me know!

00210.jpg

00310.jpg

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
LOVE the Colt. Always had a fondness for blackpowder. Repro or not, it's a beauty. A few years ago, Cabelas was selling similar models in the $200 range. Not nearly as nice, however.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
LOVE the Colt. Always had a fondness for blackpowder. Repro or not, it's a beauty. A few years ago, Cabelas was selling similar models in the $200 range. Not nearly as nice, however.

The ones at Cabelas were probably Italian. From what I've heard perfectly fine guns but not "Colt". That one on Gunbroker sounds more like the prices I see for Colt's. But admittedly I'm not into black powder yet so I haven't looked into it nearly as much.

Matt

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
You're killing me. It's this time of year I always start to think about trying out Cowboy Action Shooting.

I need to go price out Peacemaker replicas, lever-action carbines, and coach guns again so I can remember why I haven't done it yet.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
You're killing me. It's this time of year I always start to think about trying out Cowboy Action Shooting.

I need to go price out Peacemaker replicas, lever-action carbines, and coach guns again so I can remember why I haven't done it yet.

And that's why I want to do Zootshooting instead. I already own several candidates. But I don't own anything that meets the SASS guidelines.

Matt

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Excuse me? There are 'Colt' reproductions and there are Colt continuation-of-the-original-series and serial numbers. If you have documentation that says Colt Patent Firearms didn't make those continuation pistols I'd like to see it. They were sold as original Colts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana