Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

What caliber are the two long rifles?

2. vedearduff

vedearduff New in Town

The one with the walnut stock is .36 and the other is .50, the Bess is .75 caliber.

3. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Just picked this one up. It is a S&W K frame Airweight .38 (Pre Model 12) manufactured in 1952.

Kirk

4. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

SAWEET! Joe Friday's carry gun!

5. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

My dad was in flight school with Jack Webb in WWII. I even have their old graduation picture.

6. rjb1

rjb1 Practically Family

On one of the "reality" cop-shows they had a closeup of one of the cop's desk and he had a framed 8x10 photo of Joe Friday on it.
    Dun-duh-dun-dun...

7. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Thanks Deacon. Old Sarge that is really cool that your dad and Webb served together. rjb1 you will still see some photos of Webb on desks but the majority around here who put photos on their desks seem to have some form of a Barney Fife picture....but I have seen Webb as Sgt. Friday used as desktop background on a few computers.

8. Flash

Flash Familiar Face

Mauser 98K Sniper

My newcomer Mauser 98K with 4x scope.
    [​IMG]

9. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Very nice.

10. Nick D

Nick D Call Me a Cab

No pictures right now, but I've just cleaned up my grandpa's Savage model 1903. It's a box-fed .22 pump, one of the few ever produced. I've narrowed the date of manufacture to between 1908 and 1914. It's a very simple design, not especially graceful but very functional. I just need to get some standard velocity bullets for it.

11. splintercellsz

splintercellsz I'll Lock Up

My father just picked this Colt up today from the local Auction place. We don't really know anything about it, except that it is a reproduction, and looks to have never been fired. Any ideas as to what it's value may be to resell, and how we could go about that (such as a gun auction site, or something)? If you need more photos, let me know!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. LocktownDog

LocktownDog Call Me a Cab

LOVE the Colt. Always had a fondness for blackpowder. Repro or not, it's a beauty. A few years ago, Cabelas was selling similar models in the $200 range. Not nearly as nice, however.

13. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

Yours is probably a .44, but there is a .36 cap and ball Colt, still in the box, over on Gunbroker.com right now. It has a BIN of $799 and one bid at $499...but I expect the one bid was the seller's opening bid.

AF

14. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I love those blackpowder shootin' irons! I've been meaning to photograph my few pistols and show them off here.

15. MPicciotto

MPicciotto Practically Family

The ones at Cabelas were probably Italian. From what I've heard perfectly fine guns but not "Colt". That one on Gunbroker sounds more like the prices I see for Colt's. But admittedly I'm not into black powder yet so I haven't looked into it nearly as much.

Matt

16. David Conwill

David Conwill Call Me a Cab

You're killing me. It's this time of year I always start to think about trying out Cowboy Action Shooting.

I need to go price out Peacemaker replicas, lever-action carbines, and coach guns again so I can remember why I haven't done it yet.

17. MPicciotto

MPicciotto Practically Family

And that's why I want to do Zootshooting instead. I already own several candidates. But I don't own anything that meets the SASS guidelines.

Matt

18. bburtner@moran

bburtner@moran Banned

Nice Colt,but the re issues were not made by Colt.If they were they would be worth more that 799.00.

19. splintercellsz

splintercellsz I'll Lock Up

How can I tell who made it? Is there another manufacture hidden somewhere on the gun?

20. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

Excuse me? There are 'Colt' reproductions and there are Colt continuation-of-the-original-series and serial numbers. If you have documentation that says Colt Patent Firearms didn't make those continuation pistols I'd like to see it. They were sold as original Colts.