Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. TPD166

TPD166 One Too Many

New grips for my Ruger New Vaquero. This gun came with factory wood laminate birdshead grips, which are not bad, but too “modern” looking for a cowboy gun. I first tried a pair of black polymer grips (shown below), which was a better look, but the fit was not the best. So I had a local grip maker custom make a set of wood grips using the factory grip panels as a pattern – they are made of Mesquite – can’t get much more Texas than that! Very happy with the new grips (not happy with the photo I took of them).

New Mesquite Grips - prefect fit and a better look
    [​IMG]

Polymer grips – if you look closely you will see where they do not completely cover the grip frame in a few places.
    [​IMG]

DeaconKC, RJR, BobHufford and 2 others like this.
  2. TPD166

TPD166 One Too Many

New El Paso Saddlery Street Combat holster to tote my Colt Super 38. IMO one of their best "modern" rigs. You can’t beat the quality of EPS holsters – well, once you actually get them (Midway had this one in-stock). I am still waiting on an EPS western holster I ordered in April – it should be here “any day now.”
    [​IMG]

DeaconKC, RJR, green papaya and 2 others like this.
  3. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

The bird’s head grip was originally designed for Colt Derringers in the 1850s. In 1877, Colt incorporated the distinctive style into full-frame revolvers called Bird’s Head Colts

Kirk H. and TPD166 like this.
  4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

My latest addition, a replica 1863 Sharps Sporting Rifle with vintage-style 4x scope.
    [​IMG]
    Now here it is with the rest of my Sharps "family". However, one of those is not as it seems...
    [​IMG]

DeaconKC, Renault, TPD166 and 6 others like this.
  5. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

Beautiful

6. heron163

heron163 One of the Regulars

two of my favorites at the range today:

[​IMG]

DeaconKC, Renault, TPD166 and 5 others like this.
  7. heron163

heron163 One of the Regulars

nice looking dog (and love the '63!)

8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Yeah, two of my dogs photo-bombed me. One is a Cocker, the other a Springer.
    In the second pic, the 1874 (top) was laying at a wonky angle so it doesn't look right.
    Here's a better shot of the 1874.
    [​IMG]

DeaconKC, Renault, TPD166 and 3 others like this.
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Very nice!

SurfGent likes this.
  10. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

Beauty? Nope. Pure working gun. I still have it and often give some thought to having it restocked in decent walnut. Once I do that I'll post pictures. All my African battery needs work. The .404 also needs a new stock because the one it has now is an ugly '50's Monte Carlo. The .318 needs a new front sight and a reblue. I haven't been in any hurry because I don't see another safari on the horizon. Should that change I'll move swiftly you may be sure.

TPD166 and SurfGent like this.
  11. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

Well if any are ever for sale let me know

12. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

KIMG0056.jpg

DeaconKC and TPD166 like this.
  13. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

KIMG0057.jpg

14. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

KIMG0059.jpg

15. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

The cleanest CZ 52 around. I think it's only been test fired. My other one is in really good shape as well, it's my shooter but when I saw this I started drooling all over the glass on the counter.

16. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

Oh ya 290$ price tag by the way

Oldsarge likes this.
  17. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

You know what I imagine. Some dumb kid my age probably came in and traded this down for a cheap AR.

Oldsarge likes this.
  18. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

Love those M 41's. Mine is identical , the long barrel model. I do have a sport barrel from the old Gil Hebbard guns that's 5 -5 1/2 I with a red ramp front sight. Both are extremely accurate. I also have a couple of K frame revolvers, K 38 and K 22 but both are 6" barrels.

SurfGent likes this.
  19. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Good lordy! Another Sharps followed me home from work today.
    This one is a Taylor & Co. 1863 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine in .54 cal.
    [​IMG]

DeaconKC, Renault, TPD166 and 2 others like this.
  20. Renault

Renault One Too Many

Wifey cannot drive anymore. Oldest son needed a new "family" vehicle. So she took this in last night as a down payment on her Explorer.

[​IMG]

He had JES Rebore it to .35 Whelen. Originally 30/06. He was going to use it for a new elk rifle. But he just can't seem to wean himself of his Shiloh Sharps or his .300 H&H. I dunno what her plans are for it. I stuck it in the gunsafe.

Been a busy summer. Visits here are brief. Leave for New Mexico mountains in about 2 weeks. Hope all are staying cool! Will check in when I can!

Bob