Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
Yeah. Technically,,,,, it ain't mine! :) And besides for a guy who has two .35 WCF's , a 9.3 x 62, a 9.3x57, I really need another .358+ caliber cartridge! :D

And generally what do I grab when I start off to the woods???? One of my six .30 Govt 1906's in assorted brands and action types!!!! Go figure!

Renault

One Too Many
Speaking of which, I picked this new rendition of an 1895 up a while back. Several months ago. Thought it would make a good knock about ranch rifle. Someone had refinished and re-stained the wood. Stuck a set of Uncle mikes QD sling swivels on it. Nothing special. Has that tang safety thing. And rebounding hammer. I can live with that.

This is one of the best feeling off-hand rifles I own. I dunno why???? Mebbe it's because they refinished the stock. But I stuck my old sling off my .375 H&H I had on it. When I swing it around its "there!" Perfect!

Think I'll load up some Nosler partitions like their 220 grainers! And haul this to south Texas! Skookum for them nilgai.

SurfGent

Suspended
Well, you guys will understand. I bought a set of grips for a 1911 just because they were so pretty. A really nice set of maple Burl ones. But all my 1911s have nice grips already........I need a keeper.
I feel ya brother. Even gun "parts" can hypnotize me.

SurfGent

Suspended
KIMG0058.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
So. Who knows about the VZ38. Double action only. 4 days after the 1st run of few hundred of these pistols were produced , Germany invaded Czechoslovakia. The German police ended up with these for side arms about 10000 were made up till 1945

SurfGent

Suspended
Thanks. Cz pistols have been somewhat overlooked by the American shooter. Don't get me wrong there is a rather sizable cult following out there. But on mass Czech weaponry hasn't had the marketing that German or our domestic guns have.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thanks for sharing SurfGent. I am very curious about that pistol. Where does the recoil spring go, on or under the barrel? I am assuming that it is a 380 or 32 ACP. How does it shoot?
Kirk

SurfGent

Suspended
It's chambering is 380acp. It's very finely crafted. It operates almost like a fixed barrel blow back. Like a walther or Sig p230 but the barrel is fixed from the muzzle instead of at the breach. As you can see there is a guide rod and mainspring with a car on it. It meets the slide at the muzzle. Then there's that big hinge. It's really a unique pistol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass