Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. EngProf, thanks for the tip. Dry firing in the store revealed no bad habits, so I hope it hold through. Anybody have a source for Savage Serial Numbers, this one is a pretty early one, S/N 130xx

2. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

Mine works normally when only dry-fired. The problem comes when you cock it and then apply the safety. Taking the safety off causes the unwanted hammer fall.
    I'll someday try to figure out the problem, but there are so many other project guns with higher priority that the "solution" for the Savage is just to not load it.

DeaconKC likes this.
  3. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

The first gun I purchased myself was a K 38, then a K 22 about two years later. That was 1968 and 1970. For years I have wished I could complete the trifecta and find a good clean K 32, but have never seen one.

TPD166 and DeaconKC like this.
  4. green papaya

green papaya One Too Many

1960's Russian KGB Tokarev holster & KGB mechanical wrist watch , the pistol is a Chinese version called the Type 54-1 , the Russian version is known as the TT-33.

2016-11-24_111612.jpg 2016-11-24_112156.jpg 2016-11-24_112558.jpg

1955mercury, Kirk H., RJR and 2 others like this.
  5. Daniel Hunter

Daniel Hunter One of the Regulars

S&W model 36, nickel, 1980

[​IMG]

6. Well, I picked up my two new guns today. The Colt was made in 1919 and it looks like the Savage was 1908. Both in .32 ACP, both showing honest wear, but cleaned up nicely with some oil and bronze wool. Amazingly, both have unchipped grip panels.
    [​IMG]

7. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Very nice Deacon, and yeah that is amazing that there are no chips on those grips. Every time I see a Savage, I think of Jude Law as the crazy hitman in Road to Perdition.

M Hatman, DeaconKC and TPD166 like this.
  8. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

I have no idea who JTruitt is but he posted this pair of beauties on tumblr.

[​IMG]

9. RJR

RJR

High Std Derriger 22WMR.JPG
    High Standard WMR.Latest find.

10. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Very nice deep concealment weapon. How many rounds does it hold?

Kirk

11. RJR

RJR

Two.

12. Man, what a problem picking up my latest waif, a Remington Model 10 12 Gauge. Went to pick it up and we took it down to check it out. Came apart beautifully, but when we went to remount the barrel, it would not go together! The dealer called a local gunsmith who knows these old beasts and he got it back together. He said probably the last guy to own it had that problem and once he got it back together probably never took it apart again! Calling him tomorrow to find out what needs to be done so I can take it down. Pics tomorrow when I get some decent light!

13. TPD166

TPD166 One Too Many

Very nice! Used to carry one in a wallet holster when I rode motors (no ankle holsters work well with riding boots) - like two dozen other long-gone guns, wish I'd never sold it!

Kirk H. likes this.
  14. RJR

RJR

BC Wallet.jpg
    Something like this,Robert?

15. TPD166

TPD166 One Too Many

Yep - mine was black, but the same thing. Now prohibited under ATF rules I hear.

16. Well, here are some pics of thee Model 10, found out it was built in 1909! Discovered it has some nice grain in the buttstock, as you can see the bluing is pristine on the left side but looks like someone got careless on the right. Than I threw in a pic of "Grandpa and Grandson" the Model 10 and the 870 that stands guard here at home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1955mercury, RJR, TPD166 and 3 others like this.
  17. 1955mercury

1955mercury One of the Regulars

I found this 38 in a pawn shop a couple of months ago and just couldn't live without it.
    TaurusVictory1-16Sept2016.jpg

TaurusVictory2-16Sept2016.jpg

RJR, TPD166, Kirk H. and 3 others like this.
  18. '55merc, welcome to the place. That is one "blinged out" lil Smith!

Kirk H. and 1955mercury like this.
  19. Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles One of the Regulars

My EDC, a Radom P64
    [​IMG]
    Got some fancy wood grips coming in soon

20. RJR

RJR

NAA 32acp.JPG
    Easy pocket carry-NAA Guardian.

BobHufford, DeaconKC, Kirk H. and 2 others like this.