Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Oh nice! the only thing you find at the local gun shows around here is table after table of M16 variants and pieces. Dull? man!
Tell me about it! Here it's table after table of 9mm, with questionable people looking at them. The few antique dealers want museum prices for their stuff.

jkingrph

Practically Family
Oh nice! the only thing you find at the local gun shows around here is table after table of M16 variants and pieces. Dull? man!

Don't forget the tables of jewlery, and cheap printed T-shirts. What does all that have to do with guns.

Once in a while I come across something good, like the little sleeper of a Ruger #1 light rifle in 7x57 I found, excellent metal but the stock finish was clouded so you could not see wood underneath, except for the few spots missing. It turned out to be one of the prettiest little rifles I have, and for $325 was a bargin. Then the 2 digit serial no Swedish Mauser made by Oberndorf, or the other Swed I picked up a couple of years later for a song, dealer had two that weekend and I should have grabbed both. Lastly was the 16ga Charlin, sxs sliding breech shotgun. They had a high price on it fishing, so I went home and did some research and got it a week later for less than half the asking price

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Couldn't resist taking a pic of these 2 together. A modern Tommygun and a genuine 1917 built S&W Model 1917.
006-1.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
When it rains, it pours...

The other day I posted about the Francotte-pattern Martini I bought at a gun show last weekend. I bought that because I had placed an absentee bid on a Martini Mk.II at an auction on Saturday, and since I didn't hear from the auction house on Saturday I figure my bid wasn't high enough. Monday I received notification that I was indeed the high bidder, so here is my latest: an 1877 Martini-Enfield Mk.II smooth bore (for prison guard and /or police use).

Picture185.jpg

Rathdown

Practically Family
The other day I posted about the Francotte-pattern Martini I bought at a gun show last weekend. I bought that because I had placed an absentee bid on a Martini Mk.II at an auction on Saturday, and since I didn't hear from the auction house on Saturday I figure my bid wasn't high enough. Monday I received notification that I was indeed the high bidder, so here is my latest: an 1877 Martini-Enfield Mk.II smooth bore (for prison guard and /or police use).
Picture185.jpg
Interesting comment about the smooth bore being for prison guard/or police use. I was under the impression that these rifles had been re-bored (as smooth bores) so that they could be owned with a shotgun license which (in the UK) was much easier to obtain than a large bore rifle permit. The major UK importer of these smooth bore Martinis used to make much of the fact in their advertisements that only a shotgun certificate was required to purchase one of these "Zulu war" rifles.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Interesting comment about the smooth bore being for prison guard/or police use. I was under the impression that these rifles had been re-bored (as smooth bores) so that they could be owned with a shotgun license which (in the UK) was much easier to obtain than a large bore rifle permit. The major UK importer of these smooth bore Martinis used to make much of the fact in their advertisements that only a shotgun certificate was required to purchase one of these "Zulu war" rifles.
Those shotgun conversions are likely to retain their original rear sight, or perhaps have had the rear sight removed. Those that were modified for police and/or prison guard use were fitted with the fixed rear sight, as this one has. This was common throughout the Empire, as I have even seen examples of a Nepalese Martini variant called a Gahendra equipped the same way. Those had been modified for prison guard use.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Not vintage either, but Her Ladyship fancies herself the family 'sniper' so here's her St.Valentine's Day gift:

P1010188-1.jpg

Rem.700 Tactical .223 w/ Vari-XIII 2.5-8 x36

MikePotts

Practically Family
Very nicely chosen!

Yours too Deacon,
I had a friend who was a SEAL sniper (Navy Silver Cross and my tactical gun guru) before they had SEALS (was that the UDT?) and his EDC was a KelTec 9mm, the model before yours, from the day they first became available... about 16 years ago?

MP

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Old Rogue, the PF9 has been an excellent carry gun. It is a single stack 9x19, very flat, with excellent sights. I ran 300 rounds of FMJ through it when I got it, and it has never jammed once. It feed JHPs perfectly, rides in a pants pocket very comfortably or in an IWB holster. It is not a gun to teach a beginner on, as it is very light and definitely has some snap to it's recoil. I will probably have the slide refinished with a more sweat resistant finish, maybe one of the Spray and bake ones from Brownell's.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Old Rogue, the PF9 has been an excellent carry gun. It is a single stack 9x19, very flat, with excellent sights. I ran 300 rounds of FMJ through it when I got it, and it has never jammed once. It feed JHPs perfectly, rides in a pants pocket very comfortably or in an IWB holster. It is not a gun to teach a beginner on, as it is very light and definitely has some snap to it's recoil. I will probably have the slide refinished with a more sweat resistant finish, maybe one of the Spray and bake ones from Brownell's.

Thanks! You may want to contact Kel-Tek and tell them you just earned yourself a commission on the sale of a PF9!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt