Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
It's one of Jim Kanne's Model 1911's from Eureka Arsenal. He's since taken a sabbatical from the hat business. I'd really like one of his Model 1889's. they are nice hats have two other originals but they are like 1930's early WWII vintage.

Also have an RIA 1903A1 around here someplace. See if I can get a pic of it.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Friend of mine has a 1903A3, we have put many rounds downrange with it, a beautiful rifle and it's a real tack-driver.

Renault

One Too Many
I checked out Eureka Arsenal's site and I see that the hats are wool. Were the originals wool as well?

Most all of the old hats were fur felt. I think (think, not sure) a big portion of the pre-WWII hats were possibly wool felt. Jim at eureka used to offer some of his older campaign hats like the 1889, etc. in fur felt. They were expensive. Mine is wool felt. But I do have one Stetson campaign that is like 5x beaver.

Jerry Lee at What Price Glory still has some period correct M1911's with brim stitching and in fur felt. He has no small sizes like 7 etc. I thin they are around $250. Might check. He has good quality stuff. I just received yesterday one of his new McKeever M1902 ctg boxes for Krag and Springfield!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
bb, while many of our fellow loungers live in nations that are far more restrictive on firearms than the USA, many European nations have folks with collections that make me cry when I see them listed.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Love 1903A3's. Anyone who really wants to learn how to shoot should start with a 1903. Great rifles, fun to shoot and are generally capable of shooting better than the average person behind the trigger.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Love 1903A3's. Anyone who really wants to learn how to shoot should start with a 1903. Great rifles, fun to shoot and are generally capable of shooting better than the average person behind the trigger.

I have an absolutely mint one, but it's never been fired and I don't want to be the one who starts. I wish I could afford one for plinking.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I have an absolutely mint one, but it's never been fired and I don't want to be the one who starts. I wish I could afford one for plinking.

Wow that is great. I have one that was built by Smith Corona (The typewriter folks) during the war. I picked it up about 15 years ago for around 300. I saw some the other day in a gun shop going from 900 and up.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
DSC02261.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
It has been a little while since I've added to my collection, but I just added this Snider this past Saturday. A three-band short rifle, this was one of the "untouched" examples that came from Nepal. This is a "before" shot. I'll be sure to post a shot of it once it's cleaned up and restored.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Wow that is great. I have one that was built by Smith Corona (The typewriter folks) during the war. I picked it up about 15 years ago for around 300. I saw some the other day in a gun shop going from 900 and up.

Sedgley made sporterized rifles after WWI with left over actions. Really, the perfect 06 for "plinking" and hunting. Serious no-frills rifle fitted with a Lyman 48 that is capable of shooting off-hand as well as any rifle that I own. Like anything built on an 03 action, they have gotten expensive over the past few years and for good reason. No one builds a comparable action, in terms of form and function, today. Actually, both my 7x57 Griffin & Howe (on the right) and my Sedgley (on the left) were built on 03 actions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner