Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Willybob

A-List Customer
Winter carry weather has arrived.

IMG_3381.JPG

Willybob

A-List Customer
I know it's been awhile since I posted, but just picked up a Smith and Wesson model 19-3 with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. Will post some pictures later (I hope)
My fav is the S&W m19 2-1/2."
I have a later production model with impeccable timing and I have my eye on an earlier recessed and pinned version.

Levallois

Practically Family
Gentleman over in the Colt forum, who also hangs out here, reminded me that I haven't posted two of my newest acquisitions, a Winchester 1892 Trapper with a 15-inch barrel in 44-40 circa 1911 and a Smith and Wesson Double action Frontier, probably factory engraved (waiting on letter from S&W), with eagle carved mother of pearl grips manufactured around 1900 shown with some other period accoutrements that I have used before.

upload_2019-10-27_19-51-14.jpeg
13A1F029-59C2-462A-A6DC-429CA89BB46E.jpeg

MikeKardec

One Too Many
1919 vintage Remington Model 51 380 Auto. An elegant weapon from a more civilized time. Very fine choice for a Sunday and holiday carry gun. Star Wars quote seemed appropriate, given the movie premieres today.
880f12545d31209e92c5986cdf26ede0.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

One of my favorites, as long as you retain your equanimity during reassembly. Few pistols are as thin or point so well, though it's not a tank, like the Colts.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Nice match up, my Luger is a 1915. Yours would be correct with either the black or brown holsters from then. If you haven't tried the MecGar magazines, they work great and Wolff still makes spring kits for them. Mine runs well on the WWB FMJ stuff in the bulk packs.

Killick

One of the Regulars
The Remington 14 1/2 carbines are quite rare. By far the rarest of the Model 14 family. I lucked into this one at a price that I could afford several years ago. Haven't seen one since. Some estimate less than a 1000 were produced in 38-40 and 44-40 calibers only. They are very slick to run and I prefer it to a (gasp!) Winchester lever action. The 14 1/2 rifles with a 22-inch barrel in the same calibers are more common. The most common are the model 14s in .25, .30, .32 and .35 Remington calibers. Although the carbines in these calibers can be hard to find too.
Nice find!
I have my Grandad's Model 14 in .32 Remington. It was his hunting rifle in Pa. There is a company that will make shells for the caliber as it is no longer available.
There is a fella in Pa. that has a bazillion on the Remington pump rifles. I had the pleasure of meeting him. He took me into his basement gun room for a tour. Seriously I think he had like 30 or so of them.

Grandad's_Model 14.jpg

MikePotts

Practically Family
Sadly until now I've lately had nothing very interesting to report BUT this peaked my interest today:

It's a new Uberti - that they're calling a Single Shot British Style Stalking Rifle in .303"
I'm somewhat tempted even with the ugly 1885 action.

Pip Pip, MP

fireman

One of the Regulars
I'm very tempted!! What actually might kill it for me is the picatinny/weaver rail. I wish they had not done that.:(

Yahoody

One Too Many
Me as well as I do like the Browning action compared to say a Sharps. And by the look of the screws in the weaver base I'd bet it will come off. ???? After a 2nd look it would seem the entire 1/4 rib and express sight is one piece and screwed on. Pull it and plug the holes. Then put a tang peep on it :)

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I agree on the rail's aesthetic detracting from the classic looks and was glad to see the screws so that it could be removed. "An elegant weapon for a more civilized time"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ