Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

jkingrph

Practically Family
The art of Paul Persinger. May be the best ivory carver working with firearms that America has seen in any Generation.

View attachment 318379
The dragon carving is not to my taste, but I can certainlly appreciate the work and talent that went into making it. I think I have seen some grips with an American Eagle , much like the Army and Air Force officers hat brass, that I like much more. That is still a quite attractive revolver.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I just got this beautiful nonfiring Denix M1 Carbine today!
az0mIuM.jpg

HJf4X6x.jpg

vEU50It.png

yRlLJl8.jpg

1je1ODk.jpg

zryZfsD.jpg

A weapon conceived in prison, birthed in war, and later adapted to automatic capability.
Garand's ba***rd little brother is quite the sonufabitch with a hard-earned bar rep but not everyone's
jack leg trial lawyer choice. Lucifer himself carries the AK-47 though in a pinch ol' Scratch would probably
give the nod to Williams' carbine.

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
The dragon carving is not to my taste, but I can certainlly appreciate the work and talent that went into making it. I think I have seen some grips with an American Eagle , much like the Army and Air Force officers hat brass, that I like much more. That is still a quite attractive revolver.

That last one is a Mexican eagle, standing on a cactus with a serpent in its beak. It's also on the Mexican national flag. The motif is from an Aztec legend.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Inkstainedwretch said:
That last one is a Mexican eagle, standing on a cactus with a serpent in its beak. It's also on the Mexican national flag. The motif is from an Aztec legend.

Dragons?!

About as traditional as you can get for the southern border of the US and Mexico. Eagle and snake symbol has been around, as mentioned above, since the Aztec. One of Elmer Keith's favorites as well. He used it on #5.
R906067a977dd9d8fec72c9de024dc0e2

Courier Six

New in Town
Freshly Oiled. My two rugged favorites favorites.
Ruger Security Six with the heavy barrel and Target Grips.
Ruger Blackhawk 357 with stabilized quilted maple grips from Chigs.

Also pictured: El Paso Saddlery tapered Cartridge Belt and their smooth lined full flap holster. I have a a same style flap holster for the security six as well.

Attachments

• 93C313D0-230A-4631-8035-08A8A11B2C44.jpeg
    93C313D0-230A-4631-8035-08A8A11B2C44.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 362

Courier Six

New in Town
Those maple grips are just flat gorgeous!

That they are. Thank you. There’s a lot of Blackhawks out there so I decided I would give it a personal touch. When he made the grip he called it “super quilted” and they’re stunning in person.

I’m keeping the Security Six classic since I’m partial to blue steel half lugs.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just learned about this thread, thanks to @BobHufford
I'm pretty new to guns, about a year and a half in, and have purchased a few. I've discovered I gravitate to revolvers of any sort, but am interested in learning more about historical ones, particularly from the Victorian era/Old West.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko