Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
of all the makeup i own (and it's A LOT after working 7+ years in cosmetics) i have more lipstick than anything else. and i never ever wear it. that's beside the point. my favorite red lipstick was Cherries Jubilee by Lancome, and the jerks discontinued it. SO..when and IF i do wear red lipstick it's usually Angel Red by clinique with a red Lancome liner.
3508826994_8df1ea8def.jpg

Jen: I really like that colour on you :D Thats a really bummer about Lancome discontined Cherries Jubilee. Sounds like a nice colour, mind you im in love with cheeries so if its cheerie flavoured, got a cheery on it or is called cheerie i LIKE it LOL!

:eek:fftopic: Jen, what are your tattoos?

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Hey Bella - I just checked their website not too long ago, and they're back to making sample sets! Carmine is included, and the price is quite reasonable. I think I need to order one...

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Thanks, I have seen it as well, but I am not fond of some of the other sample colors, so I would like to get a full size lippie (just to have the lip holder). Has anyone bought a sample pack or Carmine itself and willing to show a pic? :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Three of my favorite lipsticks:

lippymacchatterbox.jpg

Mac Chatterbox - a fun bubblegum pink

lippymacladydanger.jpg

Mac Lady Danger - a bright warm (orangey) red

lippybesamered.jpg

Bésame Red - a perfect true red

More to come once I have pics!

Isis

One of the Regulars
My everyday lipstick for several years, Lipfinity 120, from Max Factor
IMG_4014-1-1.jpg

I don't really have a crooked mouth, but I have a crooked half-smile, for some reason.

MAC's Ruby Woo. I like it, but am not completely won over, though I love it when other people wear it.
IMG_4003.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Bella- I picked up Carmine a few years ago before they switched over the packaging. I really liked it, a warm orangey red. I'm not sure if it's changed at all since the reintroduction but here's a photo- forgive the goofyness :)
9929_1227090643121_1404712794_668980_3478414_n.jpg

In regards to the thread topic, my current fav lipstick is L'Oreal Infallible Le Rogue Refined Ruby
IMG_2867.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
My everyday lipstick for several years, Lipfinity 120, from Max Factor
IMG_4014-1-1.jpg

I don't really have a crooked mouth, but I have a crooked half-smile, for some reason.

MAC's Ruby Woo. I like it, but am not completely won over, though I love it when other people wear it.
IMG_4003.jpg

I really like the Ruby Woo on you, Isis! It's one of my favorites.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Cherry Lips - you are such a cutie! I really like Mac's Lady Danger on you!

Odalisque - Thanks for showing a pic of the Carmine, it looks similar to Victoria Secret's Cuba Cabana (or something like that) that I already have which is kinda what I was expecting. It does look quite nice on you!

Isis - I think the Ruby Woo looks lovely on you, sadly mine is seriously drying out to the point it is almost useless. I hav been thinking of melting it to see if it would go back to a creamy-ier state :/

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^Thanks bellabella! I think it's interesting to see how I've gradually moved from the forties to the sixties over the past years. I still wear my favorite lipsticks though!

SheBear74

Practically Family
This is my favorite lipstick right now. Crimson Joy from L'Oreal, it's long lasting but doesn't take a jack hammer to get it back off. lol

DSCN3811.jpg

Caroline H

Familiar Face
111_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I bought L'oreal Color Riche in British Red on impulse back in November and really like it! I finally figured out how to post a picture.

After seeing pictures and reading what everyone has been saying on the Red Lipstick thread I really want to try Mac Ruby Woo now!

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Caroline - I seen the British Red while Christmas shopping but waited to pick it up. It looks fab on you. Is it more warmer toned red? In the tube it looked more true red.

...and Ruby Woo is my favorite red. It is quite bright, very drying, but it sure is gorgeous. If you have a Macy's, Nordstroms, or Pro Mac, I would stop by to swipe it and give it a try...see how you like it.

Caroline H

Familiar Face
bellabella,
Thanks! I thought it looked true red in the tube too, but it turned out to be a bit warmer when I put it on. A lot of reds turn pink on me but this one stays the same color at least until I eat and drink most of it off. Then what is left looks pinker. We do have a Nordstroms not too far from here so hopefully I can check it out in person soon!

Lenore

Practically Family
11-1.jpg

I'm not a red head anymore, but this is my favorite lippy right now. It's Revlon's ColorStay Ultimate Liquid in Top Tomato. :)

DameWhoDrinks

Familiar Face
There are many reds...so I'm going to post a sixties lip from Hairspray, sort of an homage to 60s Divine(at least that's what I told the director.
432309_3104341260075_1610568069_2628128_2103121079_n.jpg
light brushing of foundation, lined in a rose color, I think dusky rose by loreal

422086_386270234717370_1704088010_n-1.jpg

This lipcolor is actually N.y.c colorstick, lined in a more cinnamon toned rose, if that makes sense.

And my go to red, Are you Red-dy
581330_3487995111218_1011650482_32520251_1951466521_n-1.jpg
it goes on slick and its a bright,bordering tomatoey red. One of these days ill get a nonshow vintage pic.oy

Lenore..love your brows!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points