Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

anabolina

A-List Customer
dahliaoleander said:
What powder do I use?

The only powder I have around is scented dusting powder, or skin colored compact powder... Neither I imagine are too tasty. lol

I have a predisposition to flicking my tongue on my lips. *not like this: :p* (Hence why I go around looking as pale as death! :(

I think EDM Silk powder is good with this. Would the Corn Silk brand loose powder work too for a drugstore version?

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
i dunno what im wearing,all i know is that i went to hottopic and picked out a super bright red lip/eye pencil....i put it on my lips and the rest is history!(hahaha silly pearls!):p :D

sweatyspaghetti003.jpg

hahha
sweatyspaghetti001.jpg

xoxoxox,spaghetti

dickandchristin

New in Town
my favorite lipstick

My favorite lipstick is Clinique Bamboo Pink. It is a pinky plummy color that brightens without blinding! I have used it for years. I am blond with green eyes and skin that always burns. I am a "woman of a certain age' as the French say. Red lipstick makes me look severe. Even though I keep buying all the expensive brands for fun, the Clinique Bamboo Pink is the prettiest one on me! It is the only lipstick other women have asked me about. I feel naked without it!!

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
It was mentioned in another topic, and I haven't found any picture of Bésame Noir Red in this thread, so here comes:

IMG_3131.jpg

With MAC Mahogany lipliner :)

This is Ramblas Red, and LE from MAC:

IMG_3203.JPG

I like it quite a lot, it is a very pure bright red with a lot of pigment, cream texture. I have to admit that I bought it because of the name, though :eek: Barcelona is my hometown.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
Ruby Woo definitely looks slightly blueish on me, the Russian Red looks orangey on me. Its funny how skin tone affects the colour so much!

i never noticed that before, as I wear russian red. and it looks RRRRRRED on me.
I always thought it was the perfect shade, i didnt realize skin would effect it so much. silly me lol

Tulip

New in Town
I wear MAC Alta Moda Pro Longwear - I apply it once and forget about it for the rest of the day! Eating and drinking can be slightly problematic though - the lipstick will flake on the inner edges, occasionally leaving very attractive bits on my teeth...

NewImage3.jpg

miss_killin

Familiar Face
Kim_B said:
I use Bare Escentuals id Lipstick in Cupid:
2119620.jpg

You can kind of tell in this picture (I don't have any larger ones saved on this computer!) what it looks like on...
2710_b.jpg

Oh I like this color, I'm a little afraid of lipstick as of yet but am thrilled to find my color. Maybe I'll stop by the makeup counter and ask for some help :D

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
I love my 99 cents NYC lipsticks!

Here is retro red:
022.jpg

I also like Sheer Red by NYC.

I wish they would make more lipstick that arn't sparkly...I hate the metallic lipsticks.

Coralee

New in Town
Anyone know of a cheap alternative to Besame's Noir Red? Since I saw the pic of Medvssa above I've been absolutely dying to try it.

miss_killin

Familiar Face
Pina Bridgette said:
My Besame samples came in yesterday and I was so excited, I tried them all on. At the same time. I didn't want to admit it but I put 4 different shades on the four quadrants of my lips because I wanted to compare. Besame Red was the clear winner.

Here are the four colors I tried:
besamesamples.jpg

How can you order samples? I looked on their website and couldn't find anything. [huh]

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Too many red lippys!

I have developed the dreaded red lipstick addiction...i recently had to empty out my makeup bag thats in my purse because it was over run with red lipsticks. For awhile, i had about 6 in there...now i only have 3. I used to have a bed head by tigi makeout lipstick in just plain ol' red. Then i had a clinique one that i can't recall the name to, but it came in a "gift with purchase" from the shoppers awhile ago...it was a browner shade of red. I too am a fan of russian red by MAC. Then my everyday lippy is from a set called Buxom Betty by barenaturals from sephora, it's a little sheerer and more "work friendly"
But my new pride...is the new Chanel...It was WAYY to much money but it just looks so great...it's shade 72. It's a real bright red. super moisturizing and light...doesn't even feel like i'm wearing anything on my lips. I forget i have it on until i kiss my man! lol But at 40 bucks a pop...it was a splurge!

jenacious

New in Town
of all the makeup i own (and it's A LOT after working 7+ years in cosmetics) i have more lipstick than anything else. and i never ever wear it. that's beside the point. my favorite red lipstick was Cherries Jubilee by Lancome, and the jerks discontinued it. SO..when and IF i do wear red lipstick it's usually Angel Red by clinique with a red Lancome liner.
3508826994_8df1ea8def.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I'm loving MAC Rebel. It's a pink-purple shade, that can be built up to look very purple and 20's. Really lovely on me, and I'm guessing on anyone else with light, cool skin, dark hair and brown/green eyes.

lefabulexmia

New in Town
i mostly wear red lipstick namely shisedos perfect rouge, mac dubbonet, ruby whoo and russian red like in these two photos:

n1491005080_30175296_6998.jpg

n1491005080_30175298_7404.jpg

but lately i have been trying out some pink lipsticks like mac's girl about town which im wearing here

n1491005080_30175294_6601.jpg

ps im sorry for the silliness of these photos ones a muck up photo the others are out with friends so there was drinking involved lol

CantorFan

New in Town
I have been using the same color for years.... never changing. I use Merle Norman Chocolate Mousse lip pencil with Maybelline Sunlit Bronze Lipstick. I hate spending gobs of money on makeup so I have found the best value for me so far. I do not even change my lipcolor from winter to summer, call me crazy ;)
Kerry_In-Hat.jpg

n1377234386_30274918_7776.jpg

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I have been using the same color for years.... never changing. I use Merle Norman Chocolate Mousse lip pencil with Maybelline Sunlit Bronze Lipstick. I hate spending gobs of money on makeup so I have found the best value for me so far. I do not even change my lipcolor from winter to summer, call me crazy ;)
Kerry_In-Hat.jpg

n1377234386_30274918_7776.jpg

I think youv'e got the right idea Cantorfan! Lipsticks are so darn expensive! I kinda like the idea of having a signature shade too :)

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
I don't have pics of me but I do have swatches of my favorite lipsticks

bf1d8890.jpg

0bd10c64.jpg

Form left to right: Lancome Pink Heels (Color Design), MAC Powersuit (Mattene), NYC Dubonnet, Revlon Fire & Ice, NYC Retro Red, Avon Poppy Love (Ultra Color Rich), Revlon Siren (Fire & Ice), Revlon Blase Apricot (Moondrops), Revlon Demure (Fire & Ice), MAC Utterly Frivolous (Fafi)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk