Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll

I saw your lovely pics on one of the early pages and you had Mac Dubonnet on, how would you compare it too Ruby Woo and Russian Red (if you have that shade)?

Thank you in advance :)

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I have been coveting Dr Haushka in No.4 Colour Mezzoforte Lipstick.
The only thing I don't like is the scent of it which is Rose, I love Rose but don't like it in my lippy!
DSCF0765.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
My new Ruby Woo just fell straight out of the tube and onto my desk, there is red everywhere and I had to smoosh it back it

*weeps uncontrollably*

kerry

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:
My new Ruby Woo just fell straight out of the tube and onto my desk, there is red everywhere and I had to smoosh it back it

*weeps uncontrollably*

Take it back to MAC and tell them it fell out the tube, they will give you a new one. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm getting the flu that's being passed around the office but I've got stuff to do so I can't take a sick day--how to motivate oneself? Finding a lipstick you haven't worn in awhile, of course! I rediscovered Smashbox Stunning this morning. I like it quite a bit.

smashmouthc.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I'm getting the flu that's being passed around the office but I've got stuff to do so I can't take a sick day--how to motivate oneself? Finding a lipstick you haven't worn in awhile, of course! I rediscovered Smashbox Stunning this morning. I like it quite a bit.

smashmouthc.jpg

You really have a beautiful smile!

Hope you get over that flu quickly!

plumdearly

New in Town
MAC Dubonnet

I went to MAC yesterday for Ruby Woo, but left with MAC Russian Red and Dubonnet, which suits my color much better. Here I am with MAC Dubonnet (same as my profile pic):

P1030736_1.jpg

The photo is a little orangy, but it's a really gorgeous deep claret. I love it!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the good wishes girls--I'm still feeling poorly but it's a long weekend so at least I don't have to go to work.

Ack! You are all so beautiful!

I bought my first red lippy in ages at the weekend and I blooming love it!! A lady at work told me that red lips suit me which made my day, though my lips are quite thin, and my top lip is a bit pointy. You ladies have beautiful full lips. Coming here is so bad for my self confidence (or good for the self loathing)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Can anyone recommend me a coral lippie? I tried to make the transition into wearing lipstick every day, but got a nude one from Mac, and I don't think it works with my look so well. I wear either Russian Red, Ruby Woo or Viva Glam I when I go out, and all of those blue-tones suit me best. It's like the last thing stopping me from completing my vintage look as most days I look like a young lady on her way to her shift at the munitions factory..and those young ladies were the ones who were never seen dead without lippie! lol

Anyone out there use a coral that they love? I prefer Mac but am open to anything!

live vintageous

Familiar Face
Fleur,

I don't have any good recs :( but I second your request. I've never worn coral lipstick, and I'd love to try it on!!

A true coral lipstick and opaque orchid pink lipstick are two of the "it" colors for this spring. So, now we simply must get a good coral lipstick for the season.

Edited to say: btw, I just noticed your avatar and you look stunning! I love red ips and you pull them off very well. What color of blush are you wearing? I always have a difficult time finding rouge that looks good with red lips - that is, that doesn't distract/detract from them.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! :eek:

Well for shoots I use Bourjois Rouge Ambre which I find far too dark for everyday use as I am so pale, but it works great in photos. But I use Besame Sweet Pink for every day, it's very subtle but goes well with red lipstick.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Can anyone recommend me a coral lippie? I tried to make the transition into wearing lipstick every day, but got a nude one from Mac, and I don't think it works with my look so well. I wear either Russian Red, Ruby Woo or Viva Glam I when I go out, and all of those blue-tones suit me best. It's like the last thing stopping me from completing my vintage look as most days I look like a young lady on her way to her shift at the munitions factory..and those young ladies were the ones who were never seen dead without lippie! lol

Anyone out there use a coral that they love? I prefer Mac but am open to anything!

This thread might help - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=20273&highlight=coral

I've been searching for a coral lipstick too for a few months now but I don't think they suit my colouring. I wear red lipstick everyday and I think I look odd in any other colour but I would love to find a coral shade that works for me. I've seen more films and pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable, for example, wearing coral lipstick as opposed to red so I'm thinking that perhaps they suit blondes more. Revlon's Volcanic Red lippie looks more coral on me than red but it doesn't suit me. Boots No7 have a really bright coral shade called Gay Geranium but beware it is *really* vibrant. Good luck!

olive bleu

One Too Many
anabolina said:
I just bought a couple of glosses from ELF and they are so cute. I really bought them for the tin since they are only slightly tinted.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/products.asp?dept_id=1186

I got the cherry and candy tins.

CandyTins_MainImage_LR_deptImg.jpg

The gloss itself is nothing to right home about. Subtly flavored and glossy enough an average length, but you don't buy these tins for the product so much as the packaging material.

oh, i'm a complete sucker for pretty packaging!!People in Marketing would have a field day with me:D

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This what I wear on a daily basis..
It's Clinique Color Surge in 05 (I think) Peach Pop. If I want a redder look i top it with Nivea's glac?© lipgloss in cranberry.
Still looking for the perfect red lipstick.. can you rec any??
..Just remember I am from Europe.
What colortones of red should I go after?

lsys4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo