Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
Anyone else notice more men paying attention when you wear a real red lipstick? I wonder what it is?

I know that I used to wear smudged dark (near black) eyeshadow all over my eyes & I'd get hit on like there was no tomorrow, but the lipstick seems to have a similar reaction. I hate not wearing it now. :eek:

Oh, yeah! Young, old, it doesn't matter, they all love the red lipstick. The last time I got "all dolled up" was last week when my avatar pic was taken, when the contractor was still working on our bathroom. He came to ask me a question right after I finished putting on my lips. He stammered and stuttered before he managed to tell me that I looked great and he liked the lipstick. I just smiled. Whenever I wear red, I get looks and smiles all over the place.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Oh, yeah! Young, old, it doesn't matter, they all love the red lipstick. The last time I got "all dolled up" was last week when my avatar pic was taken, when the contractor was still working on our bathroom. He came to ask me a question right after I finished putting on my lips. He stammered and stuttered before he managed to tell me that I looked great and he liked the lipstick. I just smiled. Whenever I wear red, I get looks and smiles all over the place.

That is so sweet! Sometimes I wonder if men actually see what we have done, or if they are just reacting to the whole persona/package. IIRC, the only time a man has pointed out that I was wearing a specific make-up was when a guy I was dating asked me, "why are you wearing glitter?" lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I think I finally found my new daytime lippy! My MK lady sent me a sample of some of the MK new lipsticks. This one is called berry kiss, with plum liner.
2139557184_d7045fa999.jpg

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
I think I finally found my new daytime lippy! My MK lady sent me a sample of some of the MK new lipsticks. This one is called berry kiss, with plum liner.
2139557184_d7045fa999.jpg

OOOO that is really nice! now i have to find a MK lady so i can see if i can get a sample my self, im haveing a hard time trying to find the right color red, then i end up buying one at full price and not likeing it, i need to find some one that can send me some samples so i can pick it out BEFORE i buy it lol

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Lilredrooster said:
OOOO that is really nice! now i have to find a MK lady so i can see if i can get a sample my self, im haveing a hard time trying to find the right color red, then i end up buying one at full price and not likeing it, i need to find some one that can send me some samples so i can pick it out BEFORE i buy it lol

Lilred--
I know at both CVS and ULTA, you can return any item if you don't like the color-- even if you used it. I have done that many times when I get to the car and the color looks NOTHING like I thought it would. It has really reduced the size of my hideous lipstick collection.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lilredrooster said:

All my dealings with my MK lady are via email and her website. I don't like the hassle of the parties. If you can't find a local MK lady, I'd be happy to give you my MK lady's website.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
pennyseranade said:
Lilred--
I know at both CVS and ULTA, you can return any item if you don't like the color-- even if you used it. I have done that many times when I get to the car and the color looks NOTHING like I thought it would. It has really reduced the size of my hideous lipstick collection.

thank you for that, im going to have to go there from now on, right now i have a pile of red lippy that i put on once said oh my god and just tossed it back in the pile, as soon as i find "the" red for me im going to give these away, they are all good brands but just not the right color for me, i hate to see them go to waist, but i may try them one more time, maybe it was just not the right color for that day. ha-ha.

if any one wants a few red lippy i would be happy to give them to you, i used them once (maybe twice by the time you get it) but i always use a brush and you could cut off the top and it would be just like new. :p

anabolina

A-List Customer
~*Red*~ said:
Those tins are soo cute!!! I love gloss tins like that. They remind me of the ones my mom used to have when I was little. something about sliding it open to find the treasure inside.. and then they smelled so yummy too! Do these have a nice smell?
They sure do smell nice. Hmm. I accidentally left my cherry one with my sister when we were down for the holidays, but are going back next weekend for my nephew's birthday and I'm so getting it back. It smells much better then that cherry chapsticks. Totally awesome. I know ELF sells a some stores and I really need to get to one and just buy all they have. Love them and they make cute little small gifts.

Hey KamiKat, I love that color on you.

Also, I cleaned out that whole makeup drawer thing and found some really great lipsticks I never wear, so I tried 'em on tonight and have come here to show some off. In case you can't tell, this was quick and dirty and not exact in any way. Oh, and I love lippies that cost less then $5.

Rimmel Ballistic
RimmelBalistic.jpg

NYC Pencil in Mystique
NYCPencilMystique.jpg

MAC Ruby Woo
MACRubyWoo.jpg

Yves Rocher Terre de Lumibre
YvesRocherTerredeLumibre.jpg

English Rose from one of those brands you buy at the dollar store or grocery store for a dollar.
EnglishRose.jpg

Rimmel Soak
RimmelSoak.jpg

Rimmel Loud Mouth Charmer
RimmelLoudMouthCharmer.jpg

LA Colors Cherry Red
LAColorsCherryRed.jpg

Milani Do the Mango
DotheMango.jpg

Okay, I suppose that's enough images for now. :)

PS

A-List Customer
Jilli,
You look really familiar! Hmmm. I can not place it though. Another forum, maybe? Anyhow, Welcome! That pic of 40's Pink really makes me regret not making it out for the Mattene Collection! It looks awesome on you.

This just Philosophy Cranberry lip gloss/balm..
8eikbix.jpg
[/IMG]

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Anabolina, thanks for all the pics. I really like the Rimmel Soak. It looks so natural and glossy :)

PS you look gorgeous in that pic! It's such a perfect pink for you and it goes really well with your hair color.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
All right, I took some pictures:
Revlon Color Stay Smoothest Wine
2194468744_548a060aa0_m.jpg

Revlon Colorstay Sheer Coral
2194468672_336cb60439_m.jpg

Revlon Cherries in the Snow
2194468616_5937df5f52_m.jpg

Mac Ruby Woo
2194468550_9cae243e67_m.jpg

melbournian

New in Town
Audrey, I love the look of that Mac Ruby Woo colour.

The one I'm wearing in my avatar is Chanel 14 Passion. It's a slightly bluish red. Today's the first day I've worn it properly all day (the other times I've been putting a dab on over lip balm for a sheer colour) and it's pretty good. My lips are drying out a bit but they may be because I'm wearing lipliner underneath (filled in). It feels a bit weird wearing red - I feel like I have really big lips so am a bit self conscious about it but it's kind of fun to wear it during the day :)

PS

A-List Customer
Audrey,
wow, smoothest wine is so velvety looking! you've got great lips!!
melbournian,
your lips are gorgeous!they look amazing no matter how they feel to you!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Recently I've been wearing an old favorite, Revlon's Wine with Everything, quite alot. Of all the drugstore brands I think Revlon has the most colors I like. Pardon my hair, I'm getting it cut on Saturday and it can't come fast enough!

lipstick1a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn