Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

~*Red*~

Practically Family
lyburnum, that Pink Plaid lippy you ahve on is gorgeous and it looks perfect on you too! I wish I could wear pink like that.:D

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
n286500111_170718_3935.jpg

My Mac Matte 'Russian Red'

001.jpg

Mac's Amplified 'Chatter Box'

I recently got Mac's Matte 'Pink Plaid' and it's by far my favourite of all the shades of lipstick I've tried. I don't have any photos as of yet though. I'm much more into peachy complexion than reds - I find them a little too harsh for my pale, rosy skin. Afraid I don't have any better pictures than those.

Not fair!....I recently decided to buy Ruby Woo instead of Russian Red - but now I see RR - I want it too!

Now I also see Pink Plaid - I want it too!!!!! Is the Pink Plaid more of a 50's colour? you could also gloss it a bit for a 60s look too maybe.

Look out bank account......

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
The Pink Plaid looks like it's made for you lyburnum - so perfect! I like the Chatterbox one too - I've started wearing lippy in the day and am looking for very delicate colours to ease me in (well I say ease me in, really I'll always save the red for special occasions I think). I have MAC Kinda Sexy, which is a very slightly pink nude, which I really like, it's very dry though.

Blondie

Practically Family
The pink plaid looks great on you !
I can't wear pale shades, i look like a ghost, but you look amazing !!!!!!!!!!

lyburnum

Practically Family
RitaHayworth said:
Not fair!....I recently decided to buy Ruby Woo instead of Russian Red - but now I see RR - I want it too!

Now I also see Pink Plaid - I want it too!!!!! Is the Pink Plaid more of a 50's colour? you could also gloss it a bit for a 60s look too maybe.

Look out bank account......

Ah see I've only ever actually 'bought' one Mac Lipstick! The Russian Red and Pink Plaid were both as a result of their recycling scheme (bring back 6 empty make up containers and get a free lippy). It has served me well! I would really like to get Ruby Woo at some point as well, I also heard it's Dita Von Teese's favorite shade?! Not that this is the reason I want it!

Pink Plaid is definitely a 50s colour - that whole pastels thing that was popular in the 50s, which is why I like it. The Chatterbox one makes me feel a little too loud when I'm wearing it :confused:

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Lyburnum, I think the Chatterbox looks quite nice on you as well. Of course, I am slightly color blind, so I may not see the color quite right, but it doesn't appear to be loud to me. Just my 2 pennies :)

MissWednesday

New in Town
MAC's Ruby Woo is the colour I wear the most (when I'm daring enough to wear red lips!) but I've found that my application never really turns out as well as I would like it - I always seem to have a gap where the colour fades in the corners of my mouth, if that makes sense, even when I apply lippy there...

Does anyone know how I can keep the lippy there without it coming off during the day?

Thanks! :)

Blondie

Practically Family
MissWednesday said:
MAC's Ruby Woo is the colour I wear the most (when I'm daring enough to wear red lips!) but I've found that my application never really turns out as well as I would like it - I always seem to have a gap where the colour fades in the corners of my mouth, if that makes sense, even when I apply lippy there...

Does anyone know how I can keep the lippy there without it coming off during the day?

I just adore Ruby Woo !
All you can do is clean it all off and just reapply,
People will say to use a sealant, like Lip Seal, but they are super drying and don't really
work that well.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
MissWednesday said:

I wear Ruby Woo almost everyday (I'm wearing it in my av), and what I do is use a little Burt's Bees balm underneath, which moisturizes my lips but won't make the lipstick look glossy or slide off. That makes it last longer for me. I also apply a little clear lip balm on top throughout the day, which makes it a little less matte, but it helps blend it so it doesn't look so faded. And if all else fails I just wipe it off and start over. I also wipe it off before I eat (nothing worse than getting Ruby Woo all over your face!).

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Blondie said:
I just adore Ruby Woo !
All you can do is clean it all off and just reapply,
People will say to use a sealant, like Lip Seal, but they are super drying and don't really
work that well.

I find Ruby Woo very drying since it's matte so I wouldn't recommend putting lip seal over it, as I'd imagine that it would make it crack even more. As Pigeontoe mentioned, I always apply a layer of lip balm before I apply any lipstick as it's provides the lipstick with a base. Ruby Woo wears off quite quickly, particularly on the inner ring of my mouth, so when I need to apply I do wipe it off the best I can and try again otherwise it just builds up and doesn't look very nice. For lasting power you could try the following - line your lips in a matching liner to your lipstick, apply one coat of lipstick with a brush, blot with a tissue, apply another coat, blot again and then apply a light coating of powder. It works though I must admit I don't always have the time to do this!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
161007001.jpg

Mac's matte 'Pink Plaid' as mentioned before. I love love love this lippy, but always make sure I coat my lips with nivea lip balm first, otherwise it dries out my lips.

This colour really suits you. I can't wear pastel colours as they tend to make me look ill!

Kari W

New in Town
lyburnum...all of those look great on you, they all look like they are made for you!

I am having a hard time trying to decide what color would look good on my. I looked all the photos, and they all look so good. I really want to try one of the MAC ones, but I can't get to a MAC right now, and I don't really want to order off the internet, because if it doesn't work I will have wasted my money. Anyways could someone help me. I have auburn hair, and I am pale not too pale though I have a yellow undertone. I just bought some Besame foundation and I got the Medium Biege and it blends perfectly with my tone. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!n:D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love red lipstick. I am still looking for the perfect red. I was wearing brick red for a while but as I get used to it I am starting to want a brighter Red. I have alot of yellow in my skin so it is really hard to find a flattering red. I think I'll try Beseme again.

PS

A-List Customer
I've been meaning to get out and pick up some of the new matte lipsticks from Mac Mattene, they look lovely and I hear they aren't overly drying either.
Here are my personal favorites...
23m9zxl.jpg

Pout Date Bait
2cpuy3m.jpg

The infamous NYC Retro Red

Antje

One Too Many
PS said:
I've been meaning to get out and pick up some of the new matte lipsticks from Mac Mattene, they look lovely and I hear they aren't overly drying either.
Here are my personal favorites...
23m9zxl.jpg

Pout Date Bait
2cpuy3m.jpg

The infamous NYC Retro Red

Nice red colour,

I love the reds, they don't sel my favorite
red lipsticks anymore so I have to look for new

But I love this colour

Feathers

Familiar Face
Yipes!

The best I could do...taking a short break from packing up the house to ready for our move next week! Here ya go...It's cran-til-ly lace by revlon in midnight swirl gloss.

P1050114.jpg

One of my faves...:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy