Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
kerry said:
Do any of the UK ladies know of a good brick red colour lippy. Preferably in a lip stain as I hate it when my lipstick bleeds now Im no longer a youngster:)

i have found that my lipstick AND stain/gloss seem to bleed. no matter how much i base them with powder or concealer and use a good sturdy lip liner. i'm only 23 though. surely it shouldn't do this!?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Wow Thora, you look marvellous, you remind me of a French actress from the 1930s though I can't put my finger on who...
Arletty maybe?
arletty.jpg

45kinderol.jpg

GILDA

Anyone love CVS

By me they sell a line called Milani. The stuff is awesome. Coming from me, that means something because I'll easily drop 20 buck on a mascara. Anyhow they have a lipstick called Moist Matte. The color is called Energizing. Its a beautiful orangey red and matte as can be, perfect forties lips! And its like $4:)

anabolina

A-List Customer
Thora Zine said:
Aww, thank you for the compliments!
Anyone have any idea where I can find this? I tried a CVS, Walmart (they didn't even carry Milani) and an Ulta. Now the areas at the CVS and Ulta are pretty small. I wonder if some stores have bigger sections and can stock the new moisture matte lipstick... What other stores sell Milani anyway.

GILDA

MILANI COSMETICS

IVE ALWAYS BOUGHT THEM AT CVS. MAYBE YOU CAN TRY CVS.COM. ALSO ONE TIME I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE STORE THAT SOLD THEM AND THERE WAS ONE. JUST PUT A SEARCH FOR MILANI COSMETICS AND SEE WHAT COMES UP. I KNOW THERE IS DEFINITELY AN ONLINE STORE WITH DISCOUNT MAKEUP. I JUST DONT KNOW THE NAME BUT IT SELLS MILANI. KEEP LOOKING. MILANI IS MADE IN ITALY AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU THERE PRODUCTS ARE AWESOME. IF IND SOME OF THEM TO BE BETTER THAN ITEMS I BOUGHT AT SEPHORA, MACYS, ETC... LET ME SEE IF I CAN FIND IT!:D

GILDA

BESTBEAUTYONLINE.COM

THIS IS THE WEBSITE FOR MILANI COSMETICS. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN GO RIGHT TO THE MILANI OFFICAL WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE LINK TO SHOP!!

GILDA

CAPSLOCK...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

ARE YOU COMMENTING ON ME TYPING IN ALL CAPS? I HAVE AN ILLNESS THAT CAUSES COGNITIVE AND NEUROLOGICAL SYMPTOMS. IM NOT CAPABLE OF :rage: TYPING ANY OTHER WAY BUT ALL CAPS. IF YOU MUST KNOW!

GILDA

I KNOW IT MEANS YELLING...IM NOT YELLING

I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.....WHAT IM SAYING IS I CANT TYPE "NORMAL". I HAVE A DISEASE. I HAVE NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS. I HAVE TO TYPE THIS WAY OR I CANT TYPE AT ALL. IF ITS A PROBLEM I CAN JUST LEAVE THE FORUM.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
GILDA said:
I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.....WHAT IM SAYING IS I CANT TYPE "NORMAL". I HAVE A DISEASE. I HAVE NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS. I HAVE TO TYPE THIS WAY OR I CANT TYPE AT ALL. IF ITS A PROBLEM I CAN JUST LEAVE THE FORUM.

It is not a problem.

End of story folks...move along and discuss lipstick...

anabolina

A-List Customer
GILDA said:
BESTBEAUTYONLINE.COM

THIS IS THE WEBSITE FOR MILANI COSMETICS. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN GO RIGHT TO THE MILANI OFFICAL WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE LINK TO SHOP!!
Thanks for looking the site up for me gilda, and that's a good idea to look at CVS.com I just wish I could see the actual colors before I buy it....[huh]

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Emmababy: I haven't tried any of them but I think some of the ladies in the red lipstick thread have recommended it.

I was just posting one of my latest finds here and thought I might add it to this thread as well because I love seeing all the beautiful reds:

firedownbelow.jpg

Nars Fire Down Below

lyburnum

Practically Family
n286500111_170718_3935.jpg

My Mac Matte 'Russian Red'

001.jpg

Mac's Amplified 'Chatter Box'

I recently got Mac's Matte 'Pink Plaid' and it's by far my favourite of all the shades of lipstick I've tried. I don't have any photos as of yet though. I'm much more into peachy complexion than reds - I find them a little too harsh for my pale, rosy skin. Afraid I don't have any better pictures than those.

lyburnum

Practically Family
161007001.jpg

Mac's matte 'Pink Plaid' as mentioned before. I love love love this lippy, but always make sure I coat my lips with nivea lip balm first, otherwise it dries out my lips.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
161007001.jpg

Mac's matte 'Pink Plaid' as mentioned before. I love love love this lippy, but always make sure I coat my lips with nivea lip balm first, otherwise it dries out my lips.

Lovely! Is it a matte shade? I went looking for a matte pink at the MAC store a few months back and they didn't have anything good. Is this a new shade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy