Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Pedigree! The Heritage Thread.

Grammy and Grampy,... lol
00b97ae2345ec6509f0db9764274c3d8_zps4e261ed3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good luck finding a fedora for that head dude. :p

The family name first appears on public record in New Amsterdam in the 1600s, a Dutch sea captain who bought some property in the area, but I have always just considered myself 100% American.

Last edited:

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I'm mostly Polish (dad's side) and Italian (mom's side). My last name is Gradowski. That's obviously a Polish name, but my dad's side also gives me a bit of German and Cherokee.
But I'm getting married January 2016 and will be leaving the Gradowski name and picking up the Martin last name. So boring. I'm thinking of hyphenating it: Gradowski-Martin. But that is just ridiculously long and I already have a hard time getting Gradowski to fit on a signature line.

I'm mostly Polish (dad's side) and Italian (mom's side). My last name is Gradowski. That's obviously a Polish name, but my dad's side also gives me a bit of German and Cherokee.
But I'm getting married January 2016 and will be leaving the Gradowski name and picking up the Martin last name. So boring. I'm thinking of hyphenating it: Gradowski-Martin. But that is just ridiculously long and I already have a hard time getting Gradowski to fit on a signature line.

You think that last name is long, my friend's last name is Stavarianopolis. :p He has since shortened it to Stavarian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112