Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

I was up on the top of a parking deck and saw this spot of yellow amongst the dull surroundings of a back alley.

8380973856_d8e1e9d7dd_b_zps22e9b048.jpg
[/IMG]

The texture and contrast are great. It is always cool to see how the world looks through the eyes of a pro.
:D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
The texture and contrast are great. It is always cool to see how the world looks through the eyes of a pro.
:D

Thanks. Well, it's more of a serious hobby these days. I just always carry a camera of some sorts with me at all times. Pretty much all my work is taken within walking distance of where I live. I haven't had a car in over six years and live by bicycle.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I was out on the town a couple of nights ago, and photographed this along the riverbank:

IMG_0827_zps5f1064c7.jpg

The carriage is actually navy blue. I'm not sure how well that shows up in the picture.

Yes, it is a real coach-and-pair. Not some sort of model. The coachman had parked it here at the end of a run, and I was able to snap a quick shot before crossing the street.

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Great images SHOWSOMECLASS:cool:

These are some photos I took on the Somerset Levels after the flooding... I like the abstract nature of some of the pics, with a long lens, a narrow range of focus and reflections confusing the eye.

22194995.jpg

35588113.jpg

92760175.jpg

73769441.jpg

90939000.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I'm still shooting b/w film!

8703822217_bdd57ac4c2_c.jpg

I shot this abandoned building last summer at Dennings Point (part of Hudson Highlands State Park) in Beacon, NY. I used good old Kodak Tri-X in a 1971 Nikon F2 (with a plain prism head, I used a circa-1950 GE Selenium light meter that's still remarkably accurate) with the tiny, razor-sharp 45/2.8 GN lens, hand-held. I developed in D-76 1:1, scanned the negative at 1800dpi and reversed it to positive, and made very slight cropping and contrast adjustments.

I got a whole bunch of other great shots on this roll, I'll have to put up more...

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, I'm still shooting b/w film!

8703822217_bdd57ac4c2_c.jpg

I shot this abandoned building last summer at Dennings Point (part of Hudson Highlands State Park) in Beacon, NY. I used good old Kodak Tri-X in a 1971 Nikon F2 (with a plain prism head, I used a circa-1950 GE Selenium light meter that's still remarkably accurate) with the tiny, razor-sharp 45/2.8 GN lens, hand-held. I developed in D-76 1:1, scanned the negative at 1800dpi and reversed it to positive, and made very slight cropping and contrast adjustments.

I got a whole bunch of other great shots on this roll, I'll have to put up more...[/
QUOTE]

Now THAT is P H O T O G R A P H Y !!!

-dixon cannon

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points