Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Feathers

Familiar Face
This was my latest win on ebay...my wedding dress! Just needs to be altered a teensy bit!!!

603c_3.JPG.jpg

620f_3.JPG.jpg

62c3_3.JPG.jpg

60e6_12.JPG.jpg

It's an amazing velveteen material and literally almost shines! :D
What do you think, Ladies?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Feathers said:
This was my latest win on ebay...my wedding dress! Just needs to be altered a teensy bit!!! What do you think, Ladies?

Lovely dress Feathers, and congratulations! I love that old velveteen--nothing like it.

Shearer

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
I unwrapped these lovelies from ShortClara
50s_Main.jpg
Asian_Main.jpg
all done up in colorful tissue paper and ribbon and thoughtfully rolled in Ralph's grocery bags in case it rained on the packages. I love these!!!!!!! Thank you!!! They all fit beautifully! (She's the beautiful model, not me.)

Oh, yay! I'm so glad you won these! Her dresses are the best... Wherever it is she finds them, I'm happy she does. Lord knows I can't find anything remotely like this :D

You will look smashing!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Paydirt!

I'm currently on vacation in a friend's house in the Pocono Mountains in PA. A couple of us went antiquing today and boy did I hit paydirt! Pictures when I get home but for well under $100 I bought:

A leather trimmed 1940s suitcase with a deep purple satin lining
A great black 1940s hat
A never worn full length 1950s Harris Tweed winter coat
Vintage 1940s novelty printed handkerchiefs
A five button length pair of unworn white kid gloves
Two slips that fit me perfectly

I left behind:

A pair of 1930s tortiseshell glasses (I've never seen a pair like them, the arms are attached to the lenses very low and the nosepiece is very high--if they'd been smaller I'd have bought them)

A complete women's uniform from the 1940s (jacket, skirt, shirt, tie). The tag said it was a lady Marine's uniform. There was a moth bite on one side of the collar (easily darned) but otherwise in nice condition. Probably size 12/14? Marked $85.00. I'll try to get a picture if we go back.

Shearer

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Thank you, I love them! If I'm nosey tell me and I will delete this but did you forget to bid, Shearer?

lol No, not nosey at all! As much as I would have liked to pick up 5 new dresses, I couldn't reconcile it with all the money I'm spending lately. Not to mention all the stuff in my closet wanting to be tailored :D I'm trying desperately to be good! I'm very glad they went to another Lounger-ette.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Oh, Beguine, I was so happy to see a FLer won!! I'm glad you love them all - I love selling to people who will adore and love my stuff :) YAY!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Those Brigette covers are adorable, especially the one with the girl feeding the seal toy and the girl in the multi colored skirt.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks IOF!

I got al those goodies for under $100 (shipping included) so Im pretay happieee.

The bra, I was the only one to bit on it. Squeee!! I hope its not too big.
ANd I hope the stockings arnt too small :eek:

And Sari, we are all only human lol!
LD

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I took some quick photos of the things I bought on vacation--warning, no makeup zone ahead!

hatsuitcase.jpg

suitcaseinterior.jpg

An old suitcase trimmed in leather, no lock alas. I love the purple lining! Inside is one of the hankies I bought, red with a lily of the valley print. On top is the hat.

gloves.jpg

Unused 5 button length white kid gloves ($3.00!) and the hat, which was harder to photograph than I anticipated (gosh that back shot is blurry; sorry!)--hopefully you'll get some idea of how it looks from these photos.

back.jpg

label.jpg

I think the ribbon is original but I removed a large white flower that clearly wasn't. Nice to know that it was made according to fair labor standards too.

coat.jpg

Harris tweed coat--I adore the colors (black, taupe, grey, green).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats