Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
Vintage Betty, can we arrange to do a laying on of hands or something? 'Cause maybe then some of your amazing coat karma would be transfered to me. Give it some thought wouldya? Appreciate it. ;)

A funny thing about that coat....it's been on the web for sale for MONTHS! I offered a lower price, but the vendor said no (no problem). As I told her in person, the only reason I didn't buy it sooner was that the description said FINAL SALE and I didn't know if it fit me. So, I ended up paying more that I could have by buying online, but now I'm assured a perfect fit.

As to the laying on of hands, it's just hunting and patience. Remember, I've collected for 26 years, so I've collected a lot of duds too. You just aren't seeing those! lol

PM me your measurements and specifically what you are looking for, and I'll keep an eye out, especially since we are different sizes!

Vintage Betty

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
PM me your measurements and specifically what you are looking for, and I'll keep an eye out, especially since we are different sizes!

Vintage Betty

Will do, thank you for the offer, you're so sweet!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Just won this 1930's evening dress.
1624564965_5266d7fd9f_o.jpg

1625382936_48c364d4a1_o.jpg

It's not my size but I am working on that, plus this will be more ispiration for me to lose weight :eek: :D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
SarahLouise, that's a nice haul! Vanity case, sunglasses and necklace are my favorites, though they're all nice.

Thank you! I am a true bargain hunter and seem to go through phases where I come across some fantastic stuff all at once. I really love the sunglasses too, shame it's now nearly winter!

ShortClara

One Too Many
I had to fight some of the best vintage sellers on ebay last night for this, but I won!

07c5_1_bl.jpg

06f2_1_b.jpg

The waist might be big, but I'll see how feasible an alteration is (no cutting!!)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Rockapin-up said:
Just won this 1930's evening dress.
1624564965_5266d7fd9f_o.jpg

1625382936_48c364d4a1_o.jpg

It's not my size but I am working on that, plus this will be more ispiration for me to lose weight :eek: :D

Rockapin-up, that's just beautiful!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Rockapin-up said:
Thank you Anabolina.

Thanks ShortClara, and wow what a Gorgeous dress you got from Bernie Dexter.

Thanks! Have you shopped from Bernie before? Definitely cute stuff! This dress looks like a Shaheen to me, but no label was mentioned....

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Kim_B said:
I finally got the sweater I've been wanting for almost a year now! And for only $15 on the 'bay!

fa9f_1.jpg

Cute! I was watching a similar one but it was a brighter green. I've been looking for that style of sweater or cardigan for a while but they are usually quite long, I'd prefer a shorter length.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Wow, I'm loving everyone's recent purchases!

I hope I'm not gonna jinx it, but has anyone noticed lately that there seems to be less competition on Ebay for vintage? Maybe I've just been on a lucky streak, but when I went to the vintage fashion expo this weekend things were much more affordable and there seems to be less people. [huh] Maybe that trend is finally over and the prices are coming down!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
ShortClara said:
Thanks! Have you shopped from Bernie before? Definitely cute stuff! This dress looks like a Shaheen to me, but no label was mentioned....

Yes I have but it was a photograph That I bought from her. I can't fit into any of the clothes that she puts up :( lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats