Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
50sblouse.jpg

That blouse is gorgeous--are those stripes or tucks?

They are tucks. I can't wait to receive this from the US!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
They are tucks. I can't wait to receive this from the US!

Guh! I just knew it, I knew they were tucks. Beautiful! I'd love to see a picture of you in it when it arrives if you'd like to share.

Kari W

New in Town
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I don't have any pictures, but I got some really great buys this weekend. I found this adorable 40s dress it is soo cute it is kind of a cream color and it has flowers on it and it is knee length. It is a daytime dress. I can't wait to wear it. It was in really good condition, except there was a small hole in the back in the seam. I just need to sew that up, and I will be able to wear it. I also found another dress it is black and I am not sure if it is 30s or 40s. It is in really good condition too, I can't wait to wear them. I also got two hats. I had such a hard time with the hats. I found tons of really cute ones, but my head is too big, and I have too much hair. :) I will try to get some pics up soon.

Kari W

New in Town
I forgot I also got a really great purse when we were on our honeymoon in Canada that was about a month ago, but I hadn't found this site until a couple of weeks ago. My purse is a alligator purse, I already enough alligator purse, but this one has a retro flare to it. It is soo cute!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I went to a clothing swap this weekend and did quite well. I ended up getting quite a bit of stuff for free or by trading items I'd made :)

I got this dress for free! Don't know how old it is (it has an elastic waist and no zipper), but it does have a ladies garment union tag in it.
redwhite.jpg

Free heavy knit top w/ metal side zip. Didn't really want it, but she wanted me to have it, so I have no right to complain. It needs a bunch of restitching along seams and most of the trim is coming off. I'm not a huge fan of gold, so I might see if I can find similar silver or colored trim to replace it with. Of course, I haven't tried it on yet, so it might not even fit.
goldtrimtop.jpg

hot pink velveteen top, needs shortening in the shoulders, which is one of my least favorite alternations to do!
pinktop.jpg

Quilted painted circle skirt, part of a set with the top. I got this matching set for a sinfully good price, for what they are. I'd even been looking at quilted skirts lately because I need more winter vintage! The skirt is very, very stiff - anyone know of anything to soften it up?
quiltskirt.jpg

quiltdetail.jpg

nyx

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Quilted painted circle skirt, part of a set with the top. I got this matching set for a sinfully good price, for what they are. I'd even been looking at quilted skirts lately because I need more winter vintage! The skirt is very, very stiff - anyone know of anything to soften it up?
quiltdetail.jpg

I love the detail on the skirt! What great deals you got!:eusa_clap

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Oh, there's more!

Red and dark grey cotton shirt dress with a split skirt. It's cute and fits me very well, but I'm not sure how I feel about the split skirt. You have the nice look of a skirt but with all the bunching and riding of a pair of shorts! Anyone else have experience with split skirts?
splitskirt2.jpg

splitskirt.jpg

Got this dress for $15! It's got a wool knit top and pleated waistband, and a gorgeous painted felt circle skirt, with a metal back zipper. The only issue is that it's just a bit too small in the rib cage - I can get it zipped up, but there is a hole in the fabric right next to one of the side seams, so I can't repair it without making the top even smaller. I'm not sure what to do with this! I've entertained the idea of having someone make a new, slightly bigger top for it, but that would probably cost me quite a bit. I've also thought of cutting the top off and coverting this into a skirt with a wide pleated waistband! I'd feel bad about ruining such a beautiful dress, but would it really be ruining it?
paintedfeltdress.jpg

paintedfeltdress2.jpg

paintedfelt.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Kari W said:
I love the red and grey shirt dress it is soo cute!

Thanks! I'm wearing it today. I love the basic shirt dresses as they are so versatile and comfortable and good for everyday wear. I got this one from Miss Bella Hell :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Kari W said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I don't have any pictures, but I got some really great buys this weekend. I found this adorable 40s dress it is soo cute it is kind of a cream color and it has flowers on it and it is knee length. It is a daytime dress. I can't wait to wear it. It was in really good condition, except there was a small hole in the back in the seam. I just need to sew that up, and I will be able to wear it. I also found another dress it is black and I am not sure if it is 30s or 40s. It is in really good condition too, I can't wait to wear them. I also got two hats. I had such a hard time with the hats. I found tons of really cute ones, but my head is too big, and I have too much hair. :) I will try to get some pics up soon.

Sounds cute - pics please! Welcome :) :D :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I got this dress for free! Don't know how old it is (it has an elastic waist and no zipper), but it does have a ladies garment union tag in it.
redwhite.jpg

Looks 70s to me - very cute!

KittyT said:
quiltskirt.jpg

quiltdetail.jpg

I love quilted skirts!! I had to dunk mine because it had major dirt issues (I LOVE seeing that nasty brown water running away from my vintage!) and it ended up softer after. I don't know if you want to do that with a hand-painted one, but I had nothing to lose so I did it.

Kaci

New in Town
I was in another vintage fashion show this weekend, and I got to wear this beautiful red dress, which I have now decided to purchase:

laurenandi.jpg

My friend Lauren is the one in the green dress, which is a dress that was previously owned by Dolores Del Rio.

On November 10th, I get to model a dress that was owned by Ava Gardner! Unfortunately, I don't have the $800+ to purchase that one from her!

texasgirl

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I've also thought of cutting the top off and coverting this into a skirt with a wide pleated waistband! I'd feel bad about ruining such a beautiful dress, but would it really be ruining it?

I would make it into a skirt and enjoy it! I think it's beautiful, love turquoise!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Kaci said:
I was in another vintage fashion show this weekend, and I got to wear this beautiful red dress, which I have now decided to purchase:

laurenandi.jpg

My friend Lauren is the one in the green dress, which is a dress that was previously owned by Dolores Del Rio.

On November 10th, I get to model a dress that was owned by Ava Gardner! Unfortunately, I don't have the $800+ to purchase that one from her!

Gorgeous dresses and you girls look lovely!!!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Hi Kaci and welcome to the lounge. That is awsome that your friends dress was owned by Dolores Del Rio. Was it for sale? And you look Gorgeous in that dress, was it previously owned? or is it a reproduction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats