Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SayCici

Practically Family
A little bit of an impulse purchase:

il_430xN.98080172.jpg

I love the color, stripes, and belt, but when I saw the picture of the dress originally being worn at a 6th grade graduation, I had to have it!

il_430xN.98076931.jpg

How cute is she?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
LaMedicine said:
They may not be vintage, but they are age old designs that have been around exactly the same for a couple of hundred years :)

You are right, I cannot believe the skill and patience involved in making each of those petals by hand.

One day, one day I will get my hands on some!

:)

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thank you all for your kind words.

La Medicine, that comb is to die for.
Miss Bella Hell do post some pics of you in that beautiful lurex dress, bet will be a treat for everyone! I have to admit I love lurex myself albeit not so kind to the skin, but one that drapes and shows off one's curves very nicely.
sixsexsix very nice shoes, there are some very similar ones at the moment on ebay, open heel this time.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Great buy! :eusa_clap It could never be too much money for such a beautiful suit. Irene Dunne used to wear asymmetrical hats just like that, too.

Did you also get the choker and brooch?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
SayCici said:
A little bit of an impulse purchase:

il_430xN.98080172.jpg

I love the color, stripes, and belt, but when I saw the picture of the dress originally being worn at a 6th grade graduation, I had to have it!

il_430xN.98076931.jpg

How cute is she?

I LOVE THIS!!! It's always so much fun when things come with history.

Dutchess

Familiar Face
postcards 1930's

HPIM4020.jpg

On a market in Bruge, Belgium, I bought these lovely postcards. They were al written by a girl to her boyfriend, who was in the army. So romantic!

Miss Molly

New in Town
Dutchess said:
HPIM4020.jpg

On a market in Bruge, Belgium, I bought these lovely postcards. They were al written by a girl to her boyfriend, who was in the army. So romantic!

Dutchess, are you still in Bruges? If so, there is the most incredible shop there! It's called the Old Curiosity Shoppe, and it's run by an old man who's obviously hoarded things all his life and the shop is piled high with all things papery and antique. It's absolutely amazing. Vintage postcards, photographs, letters, albums, trading cards... It's a treasure trove! It's so full you can hardly move! I highly recommend that shop, purely for the experience :)

Dutchess

Familiar Face
Alas, not in Bruges anymore. But I will go back some day and find that shop! Sounds fabulous. I will try and translate the back of one of the postcards for the military-wives-thread. I have posted a scan on my blog, but it's in Dutch.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I got these a few weeks ago. I had been looking for some glass head pins and when I found these on eBay for a song, I couldnt resist.

Picture4-2.png
Picture6.png

I think they are tailor's pins, because of their length (2") and thickness. They are from Japan, so Im thinking late 60s.

I opened them and they do show their age a bit. I polished the metal in baking soda to clean off nearly 50 years of unuse. I now use them exclusively. I did loose about 10% to a few rust spots and cracked glass heads, but I was being *very picky*.

I have enough to last the rest of my life! yay!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran