Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Drappa

One Too Many
Ooooh, I also have a Cath Kidston dress I adore. Your's is fabulous! I keep going in and wanting to buy, but most of their stuff is dry-clean only rayon, which really annoys me so I never go for it. I wish they'd just use more user-friendly fabrics.

Ruby Mae

New in Town
Ok, mine aren't original vintage.... I've spent many years raising kids in my "uniform" of jeans and tees and am only now venturing out slowly... like a butterfly perhaps?!

This dress:

005-1.jpg

and some shoes which bizarrely were being worn by the lady in the shop I went into afterwards to get the dress!

009.jpg

Any UK ladies - the shoes are Primark for £12! They are racing off the shelves as they were in some mag lately apparently. Also in navy and cream.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia - what a haul - I love the charm bracelet in particular - lovely finds all round!

DPD - Gorgeous sun hat - I'm on the lookout for something similar myself - it looks great on you!

MissLaurieMarie - that's a fine case - I would love one myself - have seen some beauties online but I imagine the shipping would be so expensive.

KateOPotato - beautiful dress - I didn't know Cath Kidston did frocks....

RubyMae - beautiful dress (I'm a polka dot nut!) and great shoes - you'll get so much wear out of them.

Kirstenkat

New in Town
I recently bought this leather purse off Etsy, not sure the year but the designs on it are similar to the hand tooled Mexican purses I was browsing on Ebay from the 40s and 50s.
mtusdd.jpg

90xg1z.jpg

MissLaurieMarie that traincase is amazing!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
There was a new Vintage Fair on near us today. It is clear that I should probably not be allowed near Vintage Fairs with my cheque book in hand. Cue lots of pics, all bought today!

Silk chiffon scarf and three belts, all 1930s
014.jpg

1930s fine straw hat
019.jpg

1920s/30s stencilled tablecloth in delicious shades of creamy beige, pale green and pale pink
017.jpg

1930s shoes 'Made by Turner' and sold in a large town near where we live. Came complete with original wooden shoe trees
Shoes2.jpg

'Jekmoth' mothproof clothes holder/portable wardrobe with room for eight hangers.
015.jpg

Two person Sirram picnic set. Not sure yet if 1930s or very early 50s. Working on finding out. Missing the lid of the sandwich box but they are about so will have to track one down.
016.jpg

1930s wool swimsuit in amazing green (just fits!)
Swimsuitcropped.jpg

Oh, and a few bits for the Mr:
013.jpg

Last edited:

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Wow, Miss Sis, all your finds are so amazing!!
The shoes, picnic set, and swim suit are especially wonderful. Will you actually wear the suit in the water?

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis that picnic set is to die for! And what a wonderful bathing suit, I love the colour.
There are so many pretty things in this thread; it's becoming dangerous territory because as soon as I'm in here I get that shopping itch (I've already been eyeing up a few new pairs of wedges for myself).

Thanks all for the comments on the train case, I love it. I'm actually using it now - I don't travel often and it's too pretty to hide away!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOh lovely finds Miss Sis, the bathing suit is adorable and you have a figure to die for btw.

I love the picnic set too, we get a few come through my shop, and they are difficult to date. I would say it's definately post 1935, but other than that i couldn't say. Lovely regardless.

Anais

New in Town
I don't have a photo of me wearing them yet, but I recently bought these sunglasses, they are by Christian Dior and have a very nice vintage-y cat eye!

Lusty Haze

New in Town
I've been shopping at vintage fairs recently and these are a few of my fave items:

A real crocodile skin 50's handbag.
photo+%25289%2529.JPG

A 50's Lucite rose brooch:
photo+%252810%2529.JPG

Gorgeous 50's clip on earrings and a glass bead necklace:
photo.JPG

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
What an incredible bag Lusty - it looks in beautiful condition too.

I got this cardi - have been after one with piping for ages - it's like one Audrey wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's - it looks all kinds of weird on the mannequin but I'm sure will be lovely in real life (the seller promised to defuzz the black trim before sending it to me):

il_570xN_211388740.jpg

This Ceil Chapman hankie with tags:

il_570xN_212952447.jpg

A demi parure:

il_570xN_200259951.jpg

This necklace which I think will go well with some earrings I got the other week:

il_570xN_231443572.jpg

And this milk glass double strand choker:

il_570xN_162904640.jpg

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
New skirt - yippie!
08052011185.jpg

Mum didn't get the full length in but it comes to my knee. I love the pattern. It's make by Peter Pan Fabrics - how cute!

Last edited:

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I just splurged on lots of vintage-esque (and possibly vintage) jewelry- I'd love to show you guys, but is there any way you can post pics without having an online account at photobucket, flickr, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner