Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Inky

One Too Many
hailey greenhat said:
Inky, if its okay i have to ask, how much did you pay? Its just so fabulous and lovely and i'm completely green.

I am so glad you all like it - I hope we can find more, and of course, now we'll drive the price up like Swirls, hahah, but i couldn't keep it a secret!

I paid a whopping $24 for my gun brooch. I think I did pretty well - in 1947 (the date of the advert), it was $5, which would cost $47.51 in today's dollars.

Somebody find the earrings now ;)

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
amygeorgina said:
Yes, you are probably right, I saw a WWII Dance dress on 'Big Beautiful Barbara Brown' that had sort of flappy sleeves but it had a sweetheart neck on it so I guess might not work with this.

I probably need like puff sleeves right?

Oooh I love her site.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
40s burlap rug for the kitchen.

newrug.jpg

I dont know what that furry blotch on it is ;)

LD

wahine

Practically Family
I'm one of the gals who don't really care for shoes but can't control themselves about bags, purses... actually, anything that you can put anything in. So, right now, I'm waiting for this to be in the mail:

I think it's actually a men's set, but I'm hoping to use some of the stuff for a ladies' set I already have which isn't complete. Even if it doesn't fit in, I just love this kinda stuff :eek:

wahine

Practically Family
:D
If I don't like it or the bottles don't fit in the other set, I'll think of you.
May I ask how much you paid for the thing? I didn't really purchase any of mine but swapped them for other stuff (in an online trading place).
Barter instead of money economy - ain't that real vintage?! :D

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Thanks! Yeah i love doing that, actually i swapped some stuff for my case in my friends antique shop, but he wanted about fifty pounds for it originally, it has the original raf sticker on it where it was shipped back to england and is in very good condition with the key, so i don't know if that would have been a bad price in the first place. Fair exchange is no robbery and all that! I just need all the nice bits to put in it and a nice getaway with a handsome fella for the weekend to make it perfect! x

wahine

Practically Family
Wow, fifty pounds is quite a sum. But I guess it's a type different to mine, since you say it's lockable which mine isn't.
This is the other one I got. It came with original soap can, brush (for clothes or hair, I don't know), tooth brush can and tooth brush (yum!), nail grooming set (some items of which I got no clue what to use them for), rain hair cap and sewing kit with original thread, possibly for repairing stockings.
(I added a comb and shower cap)

Just lovin it! I could even use it at the oldies festival the other week (where I went with my fella who also likes to dress up occasionally) when a girl had a rip in her underskirts. It was a wonderful feeling to see her using my old stuff to fix her old stuff :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
oh that is delicious, and it's red my favourite colour! Very envious. Actually it must have been nice to use your vintage stuff to do a vintage repair job, extra satisfying!! Actually mine is a leather suitcase type, with brass lock, that type of vanity case, sorry i didn't explain it properly. Hence that kind of price, although the antique shops are a bit expensive where i live. But you have inspired me now to go and get all those bits and pieces like a vintage toothbrush holder and sewing kit. Can i just say your rolls look amazing by the way! Great hair do! x

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Recently won these earrings on Ebay! I have the matching necklace and have been looking for these earrings forever! I was amazed at how many bids there were and how high the price went for a simple pair of costume earrings, but I paid very little for the necklace - and hopefully this demand means the set is actually worth something/collectible. They are Coro, 1956.

!By6DpFg!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!iEEw5Kc,c5gBMTt6gbYgw~~_12.JPG

I've had this necklace for a long time and never worn it because I didn't have any pieces to match (I'm really neurotic about having complete sets). Now I can actually wear it!
bluenecklace.jpg

For a little fun :)
Coro1956springsummerad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner