Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
The colour came out funny didn't it. Looks like its bear lol. It is very 'red' in real life. Oh the earrings are super cute, I saw a matching bangle somewhere recently but I can't for the life of me remember where!!! now I have the earings I must get the bangle!!!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
I found this lovely swing cloak in a thrift store for $10, not sure exactly what era it's from or if it's even vintage, but it looked vintage and I liked it so I got it. :D Can anyone tell me more about it?

100_0995.jpg

100_1002.jpg
I have a coat from the 60's that came with a fur collar and the same kashmiracle tag, 60s or 70s it's a toss.
Cute cape either way :)

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I found this lovely swing cloak in a thrift store for $10, not sure exactly what era it's from or if it's even vintage, but it looked vintage and I liked it so I got it. :D Can anyone tell me more about it?

I just sold a cape in this same color but with faux fur trim, with the original Kashmiracle tags. I dated it as 1970s. The original price was $175. - This is the sold listing - http://www.etsy.com/transaction/35652579

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I got these a couple of weeks ago. The 1940's wrap dress was $8 and the coat was $25. It's in almost perfect shape and so warm. There are two lables. One for the alpaca lining and another that says storm queen. It matches my vintage fedora perfectly. There are some really pretty details that don't show up in the photos.
65a7e6cceadd.jpg
dca5ea96f5c4.jpg

e3b38ed34f16.jpg
f737044a523d.jpg

Last edited:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly- That compact looks pristine and the first pair of gloves are amazing.
LadyDay-I agree with NancyLouise about the yellow dress and would love to see scans. I scanned pics from my 1938 MacCall pattern book and put them on facebook. Maybe I should post them here also.
Miss Sis-The coat is a nice deep green. The pics don't show the color well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12480

wow the gloves are beautiful! Where did you find them, and how do you know what size you are? xx

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Deadpandiva - Thank you! I thought that your beautiful coat was navy but as green is one of my favourite colours I love it even more!

Marla - The seller thinks that the compact was never used and judging by the photos I have to agree - I was amazed that all the pieces were there and that there was no damage to it at all. It's an Evans compact (I hadn't heard of them prior to this) but I take it that it is a good name....

wow the gloves are beautiful! Where did you find them, and how do you know what size you are? xx

Annie - I found both pairs of gloves on Etsy - I bought a good few pairs from there in the past. As for sizes, I first bought a pair of 6.5 gloves because I liked them and they were a perfect fit so I look out for 6.5 - 7. When I see measurements for fingers and palms I just zone out but if the fabric is nylon or cotton they will have a little stretch to them so they should be fine and if the seller says they are a small size I go for it!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
Ladies I have been naughty and spending a little bit more than I should:eek: but I promised myself I'll be good from now on! Here are two items I won on ebay last week (just waiting for them to arrive).

First I have this cute little skirt suit:
B4LQmkKGrHqYOKiYEyCRVnMvBMpyebDL0_3.jpg

And then this lovely white skirt with gold chain detail:
B4BriQBmkKGrHqVisEydoDChqVBMpykI43i0_3.jpg

I've also purchased a new roll on girdle (I don't think pictures are needed!) and my nanny gave me a lovely red patent 50s style handbag.

crwritt

One Too Many
LOL! I mean my grandmother, I suppose it's an Irish thing....

It sounded like you were either
still a little kid, or old enough to employ a nanny for your own babies.
(If you'd said Nana, I would have got it.)
The red handbag will be beautiful with either outfit,
maybe even the blue jacket over the white skirt and a blouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24