Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic:I know this is not the right place to vent my frustration, but since it's a thread about purchases and a lot of us buy things on ebay, I just had to vent somewhere!! Three times in the last week I've had things arrive that are far from how they were described! A cardigan that said very good condition was fraying and unravelling beyond help and two bags that were described as leather were in fact obviously plastic!
Remember this bag....
$(KGrHqJ,!m!E1Fu1Uo8+BN,s,zmR7g~~_1.JPG

it said the material was leather - it's not, it's really obviously plastic, and to boot it has two significant holes in it that weren't mentioned or in the pictures. Argh! Why do sellers think they can get away with this... ?
Sorry, rant over! :eek:

Drappa

One Too Many
I feel your pain, I have had bad luck with Ebay and Etsy lately, including stains, bleach stains, wrong measurements and pulls or snags on knits. In most cases I don't even want to send it back because I'd lose the return shipping and it's too annoying. Ebay should really sort that out!

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
That's a bummer. I think the sellers think we won't notice it (we're not stupid!) or don't want to mention it because they're afraid we won't buy. Honestly, I'd be more concerned with bad feedback than someone not buying my stuff.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Drappa and Eva, yeah it's so frustrating and annoying! In the future I think I'm going to always ask questions before bidding and if they then lie in the replies there's more to go on if there's a need to complain. oh well... it's the risk you take in some ways I guess, not being able to actually look at something in person!

Back on topic... I found these Bruno Magli heels in a charity shop today! They're lovely on and just the right size! In the shop I got all excited and all I saw was the cuban heel and the fact that they fit me and I thought "40s heels, 40s heels!!"... but now that I've calmed down a bit I think the peeptoe is a bit too wide and possibly it's 70s doing 40s... but even so!
8-6.jpg

7-6.jpg

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
From the looks of the type face on the insole, I think it is 70s doing 40s; but I think you can wear them with a 40s ensemble and nobody would be the wiser. Look at it this way, they'll last so much longer!:eusa_clap

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Drappa and Eva, yeah it's so frustrating and annoying! In the future I think I'm going to always ask questions before bidding and if they then lie in the replies there's more to go on if there's a need to complain. oh well... it's the risk you take in some ways I guess, not being able to actually look at something in person!

Back on topic... I found these Bruno Magli heels in a charity shop today! They're lovely on and just the right size! In the shop I got all excited and all I saw was the cuban heel and the fact that they fit me and I thought "40s heels, 40s heels!!"... but now that I've calmed down a bit I think the peeptoe is a bit too wide and possibly it's 70s doing 40s... but even so!
8-6.jpg

7-6.jpg

They've been in business since the 30's, maybe they're part of a Retro Collection. They're gorgeous!

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I just got this vintage inspired dress... finally! It will just need a cami. I heard it runs small so I'm a tad worried about it not fitting.
birdie-dress-black.jpg

Then I got these because I have an unreasonable love for unreasonable shoes.
200534_10150415676660012_597260011_17379054_3169234_n.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Thanks Almost Vintage and Eva! You're right Eva, no one will be any the wiser! Most people around me wouldn't know the difference anyway!
Penny, you're going to look amazing in that dress! And those shoes!

Here are a pair of slightly more "reasonable" ones I got on ebay! I can't really date them, but they're probably 70s again??? To me they have something of a 30s/40s thing going on though...

$(KGrHqEOKnQE1MYPGkbWBNcBU0Cfd!~~0_1.JPG

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
LinaSofia - so sorry to hear about the purse - I would be livid too - but lovely Magli shoes - you're bound to get loads of wear out of them.

I got this lucite brooch and earring set - love the little pink roses:

BroochEarrings.jpg

I posted this over in the Display Case - we won this Art Deco drinks cabinet at an auction at the weekend - it looks like it may need some TLC but hopefully not too much:

ArtDecoDrinksCabinet1.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Miss Golightly - I LOVE that brooch/earring set!! That is just soooo pretty! And the drinks cabinet - would love one of those! You're going to have to have people over for cocktails all the time just so they can admire it! just fab!

ps. what's going on with those two little fellas? donkeys?!? :D

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly - I LOVE that brooch/earring set!! That is just soooo pretty! And the drinks cabinet - would love one of those! You're going to have to have people over for cocktails all the time just so they can admire it! just fab!

ps. what's going on with those two little fellas? donkeys?!? :D

Thank you LinaSofia - yes we're definitely going to have to host some soirees now!

Do you know I didn't even notice the little donkeys until this minute?! They are donkeys....aren't they?........

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Miss G - That display case is exactly what I'm after at the moment! We have so much stuff for cocktails and nowhere to put it in our new (art deco - swoon!) flat... It would go perfectly in our living room! x

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
LinaSofia - so sorry to hear about the purse - I would be livid too - but lovely Magli shoes - you're bound to get loads of wear out of them.

I got this lucite brooch and earring set - love the little pink roses:

BroochEarrings.jpg

I posted this over in the Display Case - we won this Art Deco drinks cabinet at an auction at the weekend - it looks like it may need some TLC but hopefully not too much:

ArtDecoDrinksCabinet1.jpg

Nick and Nora Charles are looking for their drinks cabinet :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Kate O Potato - thank you - I was on the lookout for one for ages but they tend to go for bonkers money here (I'm talking about a couple of thousand Euros for a French one in perfect condition) - I was so sure we wouldn't get it. Your new flat sounds heavenly - I would love, love, love to live in an Art Deco home - you lucky thing!

Eva Moriskova - thank you! I have some scratch cover at the ready - think it will need it!

I Adore Film Noir - do you know I had to look up who Nick and Nora Charles are - terrible I know! I have only seen around 10 minutes of one Thin Man movie - must get around to seeing more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran