Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
il_fullxfull.275485474.jpg

OOps in all the excitement of looking at everyone's lovely purchases i forgot mine.

I bought this from the lovely Miss Golightly. (Thanks again love).

W-D Forties

Practically Family
That Biba outfit is lovely, but judging by the label I think it's a very recent vintage (rather than 70's). Biba were relaunched in the 90's, I bought a lovely beaded bag from them then and the label is similar.

I bet it'd look fabulous on though!

swinggal

One Too Many
Just bought this lovely late 30s playsuit from one of my fav sellers on Etsy - Adeline's Attic. It's my Xmas present to myself as I have always wanted one. Been looking for an original for 12 years. I don't tend to wear a lot of bright colours but I love the pattern.

il_fullxfull.296029973.jpg
il_fullxfull.296030069.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
il_570xN.284760230.jpg

I can't believe I got this suit for less than £40 including shipping! There are a few repairs that need doing but it needs pressing but it will be lovely!

I guess I can delete that one from my favourites! :) Glad a fellow Lounger got it.

I Have been admiring this 30's style Evening culottes Suit from the iconic 1970's BIBA store

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Biba-Whi...s_Playsuits&hash=item1e6967aa3f#ht_500wt_1413

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba/BRAND_BIBA,default,sc.html

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
I can't wait to wear it. Summer is here down under. Big floppy hat, vintage sunglasses and I'm set :)

I'm so glad that playsuit is going to such an appreciative buyer. I do hope you love it and hope you post some fabulous outfit pics in it once it arrives! Thanks, too, for the kind words about my shop (and link).

Cheers,
Jill
Adeline's Attic Vintage
www.adelinesattic.etsy.com

swinggal

One Too Many
I'm so glad that playsuit is going to such an appreciative buyer. I do hope you love it and hope you post some fabulous outfit pics in it once it arrives! Thanks, too, for the kind words about my shop (and link).

Cheers,
Jill
Adeline's Attic Vintage
www.adelinesattic.etsy.com

Not a prob at all VB! Will promptly prance around the yard with le dawg and take some pics once it arrives. :)

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Got a great deal on a Ralph Lauren cashmere overcoat today. Original price was $400.00, but it was hanging on a rack marked 75% off. When the clerk rang it up the price came up over $200.00. I pointed out the 75% sign and she immediately called another clerk to take the sign down, it had been left up from a pre-Christmas sale by mistake and should have been replaced by a 50% off sign. They still gave me the 75% off price though. I'll try to get a pic of the coat being worn over a proper suit and get it up here.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I hit up the Boxing Day sales at the local pin-up/rockabilly stores. I came home with $360 worth of stuff for $180 - which is a lot more than I would have usually paid for what I bought, but considering that what I paid for 3 dresses and a blouse would have added up to one dress and the blouse regular price, it was worth it.

Heartbreaker Dolly top: online listed at $58, bought for ~$38 (I can't find my receipt or the price tag on the blouse. Weird...)
CHRISTMAS_blackheartbreakerblouse.jpg

Heartbreaker Jolene dress: In store for $116, bought for $58 (and listed online for $96!!)
CHRISTMAS_whitepolksdotheartbreaker.jpg

Heartbreaker Diane Dress: On sale already for $80, bought for $40
CHRISTMAS_redwrapdress.jpg

Rock Steady dress: in store for $84, bought for $42
(my parents are going to Nashville this winter and I'm going to ask them to pick up some teal cowboy boots for this outfit :D)

CHRISTMAS_browndress.jpg

I'm not the type to like Boxing Day shopping - I hate crowds and pushy people - but I went with a new friend and we had a really great time! And it's worth it when I know that the styles generally look good on me (which is why I wear vintage and vintage-inspired in the first place).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy