Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll

Practically Family
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! It's a good thing I love you so, 'cause I know where you live, and otherwise I might be tempted to abscond with them!!! ;)

Crookshanks

New in Town
BlancheDubois said:
These aren't new purchases, but I'm new here so I thought I'd share some favorites. These shoes were the first things I ever won from Ebay, seven or eight years ago:
shoes1gn0.jpg

I wanted satin slippers to match my silk kimono (also shown in the picture) and matching slip-style nightgown and was thrilled to find these:

Gosh! What a nice pair of slippers. Are they new or vintage? I'd love to have a slippers like that while making my poridge in the morning. :)

And the shoes above are gorgeous too, of course!

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
Crookshanks,

Thank you! The pink satin slippers are vintage; made by Vanity Fair. I bought them several years ago. I don't think they had ever been worn.

Just yesterday, I purchased these brand new; made by Liz Claiborne:

I got them at Marshall's for only $5.99!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Trixie said:
Here's a pair of 1940's shoes I bought yesterday!!! I LOOVE them!! :) Aren't they fabulous?!

b_-102_409.jpg
wow, cute shoes! I used to have so many really cute pairs...reason # 143 of why not to have a dog....she got into my room about a week ago and went to town on the heels of just about all of them :rage:

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Here's the goodies that I got this weekend. I'm thrilled to finally have vintage tap pants and neglige. Does anyone have any idea about the off white dress? I'm pretty sure it is early twenties, but I can't figure out what it could have been used for. It reminds me of a bathing dress or it could just be an afternoon dress. It is silk, and so soft, in perfect condition except for one small spot which I'm hoping to remove on the ribbon. Barely noticeable unless up close. I got them from Bobby of Boston, he has a grand store, in the South End of Boston, in not so nice an area. He has some of the most amazing stuff I've seen, unfortunately lots of it was very tiny. He is a supplier of costumes to movies and has a large warehouse full of vintage clothes. He gave me his cell phone number so I can call him and make arrangements to see the warehouse. He took my size and said he'd pull aside things that he thinks I might like. I am definitely psyched, for he say's he's got boxes full of 30's day dresses, edwardian dresses, and lots of undergarments and night clothes. I'm hoping Tim will drive me out there this Wednesday. OOOHHHH, after seeing what he has in his store I can't wait to get to the warehouse. Well, this is what I got so far.

Daisy!

My knees buckled under the beauty of these dresses! That red one! Those tap pants! That darling darling little twenties flapper dress. Well done!

I'll have to ping you around the holidays when I'm out on the Cape to get the address of this place.

Bobby of Boston sounds like a dream come true-except for the tiny sizes. Sigh! Why is it always the tiny stuff that left behind?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a picture of a new hat that I got a few weeks ago at a beautiful little hat shoppe on Cape Cod called Mad as a Hatter, thought that was a pretty cute name. It is hand made, and supposedly one of a kind, but I have a feeling that might have just been a sales pitch. The gentleman who made it said he based it on pictures of and Edwardian hat. I like it, but definitely have to get used to wearing it. I know that hats can be a lot bigger than this one, but it's still a lot to get used to.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Beautiful hat!!! And it goes very well with the Nataya dress you're wearing in the picture. Excellent purchase!

I love little hat shops, it's like I've discovered treasure when I find one. There were quite a few back in California.....not having much luck finding any in Florida. :(

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank You JonnieAngel.
That's the one Nataya dress I've got so far, I really adore it. I just need to find some cute shoes to go with it. Was going to try to get an Edwardian style boot, but I'm not sure just what I want yet.

Donna Stewart

New in Town
Daisy Buchanan said:
Here's a picture of a new hat that I got a few weeks ago
That's an impressive hat! Got any weddings lined up to wear it to?

Here's my latest purchase, a gold leather clutch bag with black acetate lining. I'm so new to this that I couldn't begin to date it, I just saw it and knew I had to have it. It's a little loved and scuffed, but frankly I like them better that way. :D

goldjc1.jpg

decodoll

Practically Family
My latest purchase I don't have a picture of, but those attending the Queen Mary will be sure to see it. It's a 1940s persian lamb capelet, and I am just thrilled because it's exactly what I've been looking for! My other recent purchase is destined to be an evening gown for the Queen Mary event as well. :)

hollywood1328.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner