Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Been looking for a navy pair of Keds or knock offs to take to Japan. I went to four stores yesterday! But I found these:

21984185_l.jpg

Now I not much of a brand fan but these are Tommy Hilfiger. Regular price $40 marked down to $15. Not too bad.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am drooling over all of the purchases! I have been very good this week and haven't bought anything which is a record for me.

The last thing I bought for myself were a huge jar of buttons for $10 at a flea market.

Look at these pretties! I can't wait to start sewing them on things!

1Buttons.jpg

2Buttons.jpg

3Buttons.jpg

5buttons.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo Kimberly, love those periwinkle blue buttons with the rhinestone middles, squeeee!!

Pink, what's this about Japan!?
Nikki

klara

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments about the lamb cardigan.
You can actually buy it on the bay if you want to. ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
ooh, more $10 club!

i bought two pairs of wedgies today. the first are Daniel Green, i'm guessing 1950s, but it's hard to tell because they made these styles for so long!
6-6-07012.jpg

the second pair are canvas, most likely, really accurate repros from the 70s... does anyone know when things started being "made in taiwan"? anyway... they fit me like a glove and are comfortable to boot!
6-6-07015.jpg

i also purchased this lovely gauze-y blue shirt with white embroidery, and the most perfect pair of vintage frames!! i went to the eye doctor this week and found out i need reading glasses. these lovelies will fit the bill, and they were about $14 with my discount!:)
6-6-07026.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hamilton those shoes are marvelous!

Thanks Kim, I'll be heading to PL too!

Shooshoo, great buys! Love that blue you have on, is it a dress or blouse?
Nikki

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Again, I don't have any cute shoes or clothes to contribute, but I did recently "win" all of these magazines off ebay!!

DSCF2245.jpg

9 Movie Mags from 1960-1962! Not really my era for movies, but I love the clothes, hairdos, and advertisements! I LOVE the beautiful colours they used for advertising in the 50s and early 60s.

Shearer

Practically Family
ShooShoo, I love your reading glasses! They look like they were made for you. I've wanted glasses for so long now... maybe I should endeavour to read in the dark more :D

Shearer

Practically Family
Finally!

bustier.jpg

Not a huge purchase, but I was talking to a guy the other day, complaining about how vintage dressing is so much harder for women (though I know the guys here might beg to differ lol ) It seems like every dress you buy needs different underwear or foundation garments... different lengths/colours of slips. And don't get me started on things that need strapless bras, or whether you want a bustier with or without garters. And of course, for someone OCD like me, it all has to match :eusa_doh: To which my friend replied he was just happy if his underwear was clean.

Anyway, women's lingerie can get outrageously expensive... so I'm just happy I found something I was looking for that cost less than it would have on Secrets In Lace or some other shop. I know you can all commiserate with me ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Shearer said:

lovely, shearer!

and thanks for the compliment on the glasses. i'm actually really excited to get the prescription filled (and read in public, so i actually get seen in them. i'm so vain!). i'm taking them in on wednesday - there's a guy at my optometrist office who actually specializes in working with vintage frames!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
ooh, more $10 club!

the second pair are canvas, most likely, really accurate repros from the 70s... does anyone know when things started being "made in taiwan"? anyway... they fit me like a glove and are comfortable to boot!
6-6-07015.jpg

I have a pair exactly like these, but they're just navy and white. They were my grandma's. She was my size! :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Babydoll said:
I have a pair exactly like these, but they're just navy and white. They were my grandma's. She was my size! :)

ooh, shoe twins!! they sound even better in navy/white! is the multicolored part on the front made of something very similar to bias tape? do you have any idea how old they are???

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Yep, the straps are something like bias tape. I've no idea how old the shoes are. Grandma was a bit of a pack rat with her clothes and jewelry, so there was quite a bit to sort through when she died last year. She didn't wear them much - possibly once or twice. They're in really good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto