Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Not vintage, but hey...
Ear Plugs!! :D

prod_whiteagate.jpg
prod_redheartbowltunnel.jpg

prod_mahoganyobsidianplug.jpg
prod_bloodwoodplug.jpg

Yay me!!

LD

Ooh super! I was going to ask if you got them from Onetribe, but duh, quoting you means I can see the uRL, and you did! I need some new ones badly as I wear the ones I got from onetribe every single day. Which I was going to post, but they don't seem to do them any more - the mother-of-pearl inlayed wood ones!

I wish someone would invent some plugs with roses carved on them. I fell in love with a pair of earrings from mybabyjo.com -

redroseearring_lg.jpg

but of course I can't wear them :(

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fleur De Guerre said:
Ooh super! I was going to ask if you got them from Onetribe, but duh, quoting you means I can see the uRL, and you did! I need some new ones badly as I wear the ones I got from onetribe every single day. Which I was going to post, but they don't seem to do them any more - the mother-of-pearl inlayed wood ones!

I wish someone would invent some plugs with roses carved on them. I fell in love with a pair of earrings from mybabyjo.com -

redroseearring_lg.jpg

but of course I can't wear them :(

Oooh, those are cute. You have inspired me! Im gonna get some scupley and see if I can make some like that! You know, OneTribe does do custom orders now..... ;)

LD

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
New Dress

I saw this dress online and I loved it (despite the awful pictures provided by the seller) but the flat measurements were a tad smaller than I usually buy so assumed the dress would be too small. I had a happy surprise--thank you bias cut!--when I tried it on this afternoon and it fit fine. This one will be making the trip to the QM with me.

Because it's black the dress is hard to photograph but the bodice has tucks, seaming and cutwork which are much nicer than the photos I bought the dress based on showed. From the photos I thought the dress was from the 40's but after seeing the actual dress--those sleeves and the lines--I think it was made in the mid-1930s--opinions? No labels, but it doesn't look homemade.

blackdress.jpg

I just threw the dress on and took a quick picture.

bkldetail.jpg

blackdet.jpg

Front details (I lightened the first photo)

blkback.jpg

Back details

sleeve.jpg

Sleeve details

$ally

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Because it's black the dress is hard to photograph but the bodice has tucks, seaming and cutwork which are much nicer than the photos I bought the dress based on showed. From the photos I thought the dress was from the 40's but after seeing the actual dress--those sleeves and the lines--I think it was made in the mid-1930s--opinions? No labels, but it doesn't look homemade.
Gorgeous bodice work. I've seen late 1920s dresses with that same detail.

$ally

One Too Many
The long button cuffs were popular in the early 30s. The shaping doesn't come from a seperated waistline though. How is the dress constructed? Sometimes the easiest way to date a piece is to turn it inside-out. I have a pictures of my Grandmother and her friends wearing dresses with that sort of decorative work around 1929. I'll try to find them and scan them tonight after my project.
Maybe I'll just have all my vintage photos scanned onto disc. I keep finding them inside of other vintage items I aquire.
I can't get over what a cool find this one is. Congrats!

$ally

One Too Many
No, no, no, no, no

Lauren said:
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offence at all. Just another guestimate. Sorry if it came across wrong.
Not at all, I agree, it looks like a turn of the decade piece in some aspects, looks mid-thirties in others. You certainly know your fashion history. It's fun to bounce ideas back and forth. I didn't mean it to seem like I was contradicting.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for your thoughts Lauren and $ally.

After looking at the seams I'd bet this was dressmaker made. The seam allowances vary in different parts of the dress from under .5" to about 1" and they are pinked. The dress style is a variation on a princess line, with no defined waist.

DrMags

New in Town
Photo_082507_001.jpg

The guy in the antique shop said he was pretty sure the era was between 1920s-1940s. All I know is I got it for a steal, couldnt believe it was that cheap. I've bought shoes that cost more.

fernande

Vendor
Nashoba said:
psssst.....I wear a 5.5 - 6......;)

Sally and Nashoba- I have tons of 5-6. .... I am swimming in shoes!

currently many of these fine specimens of "shoe heaven" are on display on the marble fireplace that we have in our bedroom- but I might have remove them, my husband wrinkled his nose when he saw the shoes up there. it was a recent "decorating decision" I took while he was out of town for business.
you know what they say "leave work out of the bedroom"
ha ha

Besides my teeny cinderella shoe purchases I did buy an absoultely beautiful dress from vintage shop "Dorthea's Closet"

30stulipdress.jpg

It was a splurge ( around $200) but the owner Angela, was great and let me put it on "Layaway" and I paid half one week and one half week later. which was nice- and I think is a really sweet thing to offer.
I would suggest checking her stuff out. she has great taste, high quality items- great 1930s and 40s pieces.

Of course when I do decide to part with my "children" (all the shoes) I will notify the FL'ers first!

fernande

Vendor
Oh! and I also bought this cool Pattern.! Its for "Costume Sleeves"
How cool is that!

This is totally out of my league sewing wise but I thought it was so neat and I bought it for $6.00. so that didn't break the bank.

:eek:fftopic: Its just for sleeve patterns- and its marked for a 34 bust- but its a sleeve? I'm usually a 36 or a vintage size 18- how would I make this work/expand Lauren? Sally? Other Sewing Goddesses?
PM me- Bartenders feel free to move this.
patternssleeve.jpg

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
New shoes

These are my new shoes from Marks and Spencers. They have a special insole to help keep your feet from hurting..... I'm pleased so far and its a relatively high heel for me :D
I actually feel girly and sexy wearing these and hubby isn't complaining so far!!!!! ;)
insoliashoes.jpg

jasmynskyes

Familiar Face
Turning Green

DrMags said:
Photo_082507_001.jpg

The guy in the antique shop said he was pretty sure the era was between 1920s-1940s. All I know is I got it for a steal, couldnt believe it was that cheap. I've bought shoes that cost more.

That is beautiful! I am soo jealous. I have wanted one for years. You give me hope that one day, I may too find one!! Enjoy :eusa_clap

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
DrMags said:
Photo_082507_001.jpg

That looks like a Victorian settee to me, I don't think your antique guy knew what he had! It's definitately not 20s-40s, they style is all wrong for that. Even better, because it enabled you to get it for a steal. The apolstery looks new and the cost alone to reapolster something like that would have been an arm and a leg.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
fernande said:
Besides my teeny cinderella shoe purchases I did buy an absoultely beautiful dress from vintage shop "Dorthea's Closet"

30stulipdress.jpg

Oh, I love that print! The colors are still so bright, it's a beautiful dress.

Glad to hear the FL gals will have first dibs on your great shoes too!

$ally

One Too Many
A couple more of my $4 purchases:
1253976191_609e3a2540_o.jpg

vintage dress I'm repairing, matching hair flower I made to go with it.

1253976171_7269841192_o.jpg

another dress I'm repairing, label reads "Lanz 1958" but may not be the original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner