Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
fernande said:
retailtherapy.jpg

Great stuff! That Fashions in the 40s is one of my all time favorite books--I picked it up at a used bookstore in college.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Unfortunatly I don't have any pictures of my goods but... is it just me, or is the Ebay market extremly slow right now? I've bought some items that would normally sell for nearly three times what I pay, and I've seen beautiful dresses that usually go up in the hundreds end with not a single bid on them. Am I going crazy, or have you ladies noticed this too?? And if so, do you know why this is?

I mean...I'm not complaining about low prices, because honestly, I've made out like a bandit!!

Mojito

One Too Many
I've seen it too, Madison - and am enjoying it while it lasts!

Had a cloche arrive yesterday - a lovely and comparatively rare creased crown cloche. A near identical hat is listed in "Fashions of the Roaring 20s - Deco" for about four times what I paid for it. I was the only bidder.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
fernande: I just have one word on that.... WOW!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell: I adore that skirt!!! It will be perfect for fall!!!!

Lauren: Wow, the perfect evening gown!!! Make sure to post a pic of you in it!!!

Miss 1929: What a wonderfull bag!!! I´m not very much in it for bags, but this on makes me want to buy more!

$ally: From what I can see it´s really cute! Plus it´s worth double since it´s from a family member and so a cherished memory.

M Tatterscratch: Araaaaaaaaabian Nights dadadada.... I have the tune of Walt Disneys Aladdin in my head now after seeing those ;)

I bought this bra on ebay for surprisingly low price:
1e20_1.JPG

I´m looking out to get the matching brief and suspender belt for just as cheap ;)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Say Hi to Rita...

Do you ever go to a sale... and lose your breath?

Today I met the kindest ladies, daughters of Rita. Rita was a WAC in WWII and loved vintage. She saved everything. She was a raven haired beauty, and I got to see because her daughters put up photos everywhere. Turns out this was the 4th sale they had had, and I am VERY sorry I missed the others.

They are selling "the good stuff" on eBay (gramstashpot), but I found some amazing things, and you might faint if I told you what I paid for the lot.

bonanza4.jpg

Above: Lavendar Suit, Red, White & Blue day dress with huge pockets, White sailor dress with front zip, 2 blouses, Aqua taffeta dress (D*$%!! Too small! :()

bonanza3.jpg

Above: Cotton Atomic Dress (issues, hoping I can sew them out as it's too big), Light blue day dress, Red swing coat, Kelly Green knit set (fits!!), Blouse and skirt - the blouse has a horse theme with jockey hats and riding crops, the skirt is a soft sweater material), Plaid knit short coat, Grey shiny 40s suit (almost fits, inspiration for more dieting!!)

bonanza2.jpg

Above: Short soft knit swing jacket, Blue & white day dress (will be Christmas gift for my smaller friend - I have too much boobs!), Purple gingham blouse w/ rhinestones and purple cord skirt (the skirt is crazy small - like 22 inches)

bonanza1.jpg

Above: Hot pink velvet swing coat (!!), Grey/ pink cotton day dress, Grey / pink crepe day dress, Grey cardigan, hot pink back-button sweater with large button design in front, hot pink short coat, Brown atomic rayon day dress

WHEW!!! I'm giddy!!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great purchases everyone!

Ok Shortclara, tell us what you paid so I can hate you. (for today anyway) :)

For the purse, I'm assuming it's leather, so some leather cleaner??

Vintage Betty

Miss Brill

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
Do you ever go to a sale... and lose your breath?

Today I met the kindest ladies, daughters of Rita. Rita was a WAC in WWII and loved vintage. She saved everything. She was a raven haired beauty, and I got to see because her daughters put up photos everywhere. Turns out this was the 4th sale they had had, and I am VERY sorry I missed the others.

They are selling "the good stuff" on eBay (gramstashpot), but I found some amazing things, and you might faint if I told you what I paid for the lot.

bonanza4.jpg

Above: Lavendar Suit, Red, White & Blue day dress with huge pockets, White sailor dress with front zip, 2 blouses, Aqua taffeta dress (D*$%!! Too small! :()

bonanza3.jpg

Above: Cotton Atomic Dress (issues, hoping I can sew them out as it's too big), Light blue day dress, Red swing coat, Kelly Green knit set (fits!!), Blouse and skirt - the blouse has a horse theme with jockey hats and riding crops, the skirt is a soft sweater material), Plaid knit short coat, Grey shiny 40s suit (almost fits, inspiration for more dieting!!)

bonanza2.jpg

Above: Short soft knit swing jacket, Blue & white day dress (will be Christmas gift for my smaller friend - I have too much boobs!), Purple gingham blouse w/ rhinestones and purple cord skirt (the skirt is crazy small - like 22 inches)

bonanza1.jpg

Above: Hot pink velvet swing coat (!!), Grey/ pink cotton day dress, Grey / pink crepe day dress, Grey cardigan, hot pink back-button sweater with large button design in front, hot pink short coat, Brown atomic rayon day dress

WHEW!!! I'm giddy!!
I lost my breath just reading about it! :eusa_doh:

Miss Brill

One Too Many
My haul for today:
1955532549_3b4f288dcc_b.jpg

Necklace marked "Japan" on the catch was $5.00

1956353156_653240411d_b.jpg

The Scottie brooch was $3.00

1955872138_19fb641ef1.jpg

Vintage leather bag by Waldman was $12.00, which is about 12 times what I usually pay for anything. I wanted it sooo bad though. It looks like new.

I also bought a snood hat done in a pink/red velvet. I thought it was a jester's hat at first. I haven't taken a picture of it yet though. It was $4.00. Very nice shopping day!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Awesome stuff Miss Brill!

I paid.................... $49 for the lot! Comes out to less than $2 apiece! For Cali, that's a miracle. Some stuff does not fit, but has started the Christmas pile for my best friend, who is a little smaller than *I* :) I spent yesterday hand washing, making a pile for drycleaning, and strategizing how I'm going to repair the major armpit/ side bust fabric tear on pic #2, left hand side.

I think I can back it with wonderunder and fabric, and then find appliqués in black to strategically place over the bust on both sides. It's too marvelous to give up on! Do you ever do those things just to save a pretty?I also have to take it in, and the hole center back is the best excuse to use :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Shortclara,

I will contain my complete hatred of for your finds and just smile and nod at your treasures :)

LD

My Dearest Lady Day,

I take the above as an example of your marvelous good nature and remarkable character.

SC

:D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
Awesome stuff Miss Brill!

I paid.................... $49 for the lot! Comes out to less than $2 apiece! For Cali, that's a miracle. Some stuff does not fit, but has started the Christmas pile for my best friend, who is a little smaller than *I* :) I spent yesterday hand washing, making a pile for drycleaning, and strategizing how I'm going to repair the major armpit/ side bust fabric tear on pic #2, left hand side.

I think I can back it with wonderunder and fabric, and then find appliqués in black to strategically place over the bust on both sides. It's too marvelous to give up on! Do you ever do those things just to save a pretty?I also have to take it in, and the hole center back is the best excuse to use :)

Oh my! You lucky lucky girl!!! Your best friend surely freaks out over those gifts! I know I would!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails