Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

$ally

One Too Many
GwenLake said:
A while ago I bought a lot of 53 handkerchiefs for $3.
What a steal!
I got these last year from a dealer I did some sewing repair work for; vintage felt hat, wool Guild Creations purse with flowers and rhinestone accents, HL purse with rhinestone clasp
2051126330_57c9b29f92.jpg

I may wear this vintage Workers Union swing coat tonight. I can't remember if I picked this up in the MidWest or at the church attic sale, but it was only about $4-5.
2050498305_9c66741203.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm just drooling at all those purchases. Way to go everyone!

This is something I purchased 10-20 years ago. Don't ask me where I got it, because I don't remember, but I'm guessing it was a charity rummage sale. I am specifically listing it for a reference for RetroBabydoll who asked about beaded and pearled snoods. Pictures intentionally left large in case some crafty person wants to duplicate the pattern.

So here you go-

Vintage Betty

snood_1.JPG

snood_2.JPG

snood_3.JPG

snood_4.JPG

snood_5.JPG

Mojito

One Too Many
$ally said:
Also a gift from a friend a few years ago; vintage Windsor version of the spring-o-later:
629760116_66f694a42d.jpg

My son used to call these my Cinderella shoes.
Sally, you must have the perfect lucite purse to go with those! I've seen a few modern versions of clear heels around this season, but nothing like that detail and style.

As always, I'm deeply envious of all the shoes...things I'll never find in my size!

Lady Day, the bakelite dress clip intrigues me. Is it a flame design? Or purely abstract?

Gwenlake, looks like you'll be able to coordinate a hankerchief for every occasion.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
shawl1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mojito, my Mum has a black one. It was her Nana's and her Grandad bought it for his wife. When my Mum asked if she could have it, many years after her Nana died he said yes, on one condition. That she never sell it or give it away. Sadly Great Grandma died rather young, and it obviously meant alot to him.

I have worn it when I did a Spanish dancing demo, then it got whisked back into the paper bag it lives in in the nice cool wardrobe!

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
It's so cute!! I love bakelite!! I don't know if it's the case in the United States, but here all bakelite items are very expensive!!! It's a very cute pencil sharpener!!!

Kitty M

New in Town
I won this little irish tweed (?) hat on ebay this week for the hefty price of $8.95!

Now I just have to find/make something to wear it with!

tweedhat.jpg

hmmm. Just wondering if I should trim it or leave it as is?

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
pennycarrol said:
It's so cute!! I love bakelite!! I don't know if it's the case in the United States, but here all bakelite items are very expensive!!! It's a very cute pencil sharpener!!!

Thank you! The price depends on where you find it. I have been fortunate to find a few people that are reasonablewith thier prices. Some of the antique malls try to charge "book value". If that were the case, this sharpener would have been two to three times what I paid for it.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Kitty M said:
I won this little irish tweed (?) hat on ebay this week for the hefty price of $8.95!

Now I just have to find/make something to wear it with!

tweedhat.jpg

hmmm. Just wondering if I should trim it or leave it as is?

Cute: I'd be inclined to leave it. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My latest purchase isn't vintage, but it has the feel of it.

crossley5-in-1entertainmentcenter.jpg

It has a CD, cassette, AM/FM radio, turntable, and a cable to hook up my Nano. I'm giddy about it!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojito said:
Lady Day, the bakelite dress clip intrigues me. Is it a flame design? Or purely abstract?

Im not sure its a flame design, as the clip is attached to the copper part. So why would the flame point down unless its some secret code...oh no, what did I get myself into :rolleyes:

LD

Foofoogal

Banned
Babydoll. That is number one on my Christmas list this year and if I don't get it I will get it for myself. I have a bunch of old waltz records and alot of other lps I have to play. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I recently found 3 wool skirts at a local thrift store. I'm guessing each to be 40s or 50s. Best of all, they were all less than $12!

This skirt has a most interesting color combination. I never noticed until I wore it out in the sun!
blueplaid.jpg

blueplaidclose.jpg

This one has a nylon back zipper, so it's either been replaced or dates to later.
blackwhitewool.jpg

Love this boucle skirt. It has faux pockets in the front with scalloped edges - had to stick a piece of paper in there for it to show up in the photo! The waistline of this skirt is a bit unusual too. The inside of the waistline is a type of ribbed belting and it has several short, vertical pieces of boning around the waistline.
blueboucle.jpg

blueboucleclose.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Im not sure its a flame design, as the clip is attached to the copper part. So why would the flame point down unless its some secret code...oh no, what did I get myself into
Ahhh...d'oh on my part - that would be why you've photographed it upside down! It's a lovely piece - just looks so tactile, with those smooth contours.
Mojito, my Mum has a black one. It was her Nana's and her Grandad bought it for his wife. When my Mum asked if she could have it, many years after her Nana died he said yes, on one condition. That she never sell it or give it away. Sadly Great Grandma died rather young, and it obviously meant alot to him.

I have worn it when I did a Spanish dancing demo, then it got whisked back into the paper bag it lives in in the nice cool wardrobe!
I love hearing stories about treasured family items that go to the right person, Miss Sis! You'd have looked sensational in it - did you wear it a la the Leydendecker Arrow Shirt ad? I'd love to work up the courage:

0000-2859-5~Arrow-Dress-Collars-and-Shirts-Posters.jpg

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Just bought four new bakelite memory wire bracelets for $45.00:

beadbraces9.jpg

Two for me, two for the future Mother-In-Law...she my bakelite buddy! Pennyseranade, please don't tell her in an e-mail or anything, they're for Christmas!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just bought this dress for $7.99! I love getting bargains.

b53f_1.JPG

I also purchased several pairs of FF stockings at Bobby from Boston's over the T-day break: one textured pair that are very durable; a navy-seamed pair; and two work-weight pairs for winter in black and heather green. I'll try to take pics later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn