Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Darhling said:
thank you!

I am 36 measured over the bust (34DD in bra size), 27/28 in my waist and 36 in my hips

I was going to order the S, but now will get the XS. Thanks for that insight!

PS

A-List Customer
Ok, I just bought the Trixie2 dress as well.
One question....how high does it come up in the back, would it cover a strapless bra? Should have asked before I bought it but the thrill of the buy got to me first!;)

mackenzie

Familiar Face
Just won this from ebay
0c04_1.JPG

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I posted these in the Thrift store thread

I haven't really bought anything in awhile. So, I will post these here. I'm very exicted.

Paid $11 for everything.
2750320403_87d9d11bc4_m.jpg

2750321153_892c49971d_m.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
PS said:
Ok, I just bought the Trixie2 dress as well.
One question....how high does it come up in the back, would it cover a strapless bra? Should have asked before I bought it but the thrill of the buy got to me first!;)

I had no problem when I wore one - I suppose it might depend on the bra, too...but I would think it'd be ok.

epr25

Practically Family
I just won this. Sniped it on a whim for $1.00 over the asking price. It looks like it's in great shape I only paid $51.00 for it. Now what am I going to do with it? Strange purchase for me.

flapper1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

flapper2.jpg
[/IMG]

flapper3.jpg
[/IMG]

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
hotrod_elf said:
I haven't really bought anything in awhile. So, I will post these here. I'm very exicted.

Paid $11 for everything.
2750320403_87d9d11bc4_m.jpg

2750321153_892c49971d_m.jpg

Ohhhhhhhh I love matching stuff! Those yellow buttons with the buckle are wonderful!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Not vintage, but retro!

Got the car I have wanted for three years!! It's a limited edition Bi-Colored Beetle! Only 5000 of them :)

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
Trashy Diva just emailed. They are sold out of everything in the S, except the black. :( I don't know what color to get now, she gave me the list of colors available in September...red, navy, aqua, royal blue, black, navy, kelly green.

Any thoughts. I had decided on red, then it was sold out then I moved to navy.Now what? These extra options are stumping me. I am very pale, very blonde and blue eyed. HELP!

Sunny

One Too Many
Y'know, I think that aqua would look stunning on you. In my opinion it's a rather tricky color, since it's so intense. I've got very blue eyes, but I'm not very pale and my hair is a golden/mousey brown. Aqua just overpowers me. It looks great on my pale-skinned, dark-haired mother, though, and it would look great on a pale blonde like you. :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
retrogirl1941 said:
Ok you ladies are first class shopping enablers! I went to look at the trixie dress and did'nt it to fit my style so much but, I bought another one of her dresses. Here it is:
ASIADRESSbluefloral1.jpg

And I bought one of the id braclets too.

Samantha

that is a gorgeius dress!!

Inky

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
Ok you ladies are first class shopping enablers! I went to look at the trixie dress and did'nt it to fit my style so much but, I bought another one of her dresses. Here it is:
ASIADRESSbluefloral1.jpg

And I bought one of the id braclets too.

Samantha

That is beautiful Samantha!! I love the fabric.

Were cheongsam dresses popular in the 40's in western cultures? I have one that is modern and was made for me of a black fabric with small green dragons and green trim, but it is too big now (yay!). I think it would be easily taken in though. Should I dig it out and alter it?

Inky

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
Inky, I have seen a similar style for 40s but not quite like the one I bought. They were more for the late 40s than anything. This one was a copy of 50's dress. I cannot wait to get some pin up shots in it!

Samantha

Thanks Samantha! I think you're going to look smashing in it!

I have to dig mine out of the dark black recesses of my closet and photograph it and get some feedback. My ex-boyfriend had it made for me about ten years ago. I guess I should wear it someday ;)

Inky

One Too Many
My Treasured Sewing Machine

This is not a new purchase but I thought I would share my little treasure with you all, since I have been inspired by you talented folks to sew again.

I taught sewing from 1979 to 1980 in an authorized Singer sewing machine store and sold machines as well. I had a chance to buy this "hunk of junk" as they called it then, in 1979. No one wanted it and I got it for about $75, with the well-worn case and all the attachments you see, including the manual. I think they threw in a more modern buttonhole attachment but I can't find that right now. The machine is well used, with some odd scratches to the left of the light cover, but all the parts are there and it's in fine working order, although the pedal is a little scary from an electrical point of view (some exposed wiring I need to cover with electrical tape!)

It is marked serial number AF168808 and was told it was a 1936 when I purchased it, but some internet googling tells me it is 1938 to 1940, made in Elizabethport, New Jersey. This makes more sense as the manual has a revision date of 1038.

It has served me very well and I have sewn many garments on it, including my own first wedding dress (yes, the foofy white marshmallow kind) in 1989. I last sewed the pewter satin ruffled jabot shirt my husband wore when we were married in 2003. It sews beautifully. I think it is just the thing to honor my new adventure in sewing "vintage."

I cleaned it up today out of storage and will do a little maintenance on it later tonight (i need some oil), but thought you might enjoy these pics. Someday I will buy a case for it in better condition:

2757466626_3993c9dc32.jpg

2757466418_9bd86d85d9.jpg

2757466162_b2cf92d862.jpg

2757465830_86717c2899.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats