Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
Miss Amelina what a terrific purchase!! I hope we get to see more of the book :)

As for me, I recently had a transaction with an ebay seller that got complicated (the pair of black shoes in the picture below needed a repair she had not noticed before listing and the repair was not to her satisfaction so she refunded me 100% - great seller!).

Because of the complication she gave me first chance at this lot of shoes. The red pair is from re-mix and the 3 tooled leather pairs are from the Olvera Street store that sells or used to sell (not sure, maybe someone in Los Angeles can update us) this style of shoe. Re-mix currently sells a tooled leather wedge for $236!!

Anyhow, I got the lot of 4 pairs for $100, free shipping. What a GREAT seller - now her closet is happier and so is mine!!! A little shoe polish and these will take me through my dance steps for a good long time. I think a shoe moratorium is now in order for 2009, though.

3197597604_af689ffe39.jpg
Was that Lis of Luxe? She sell those shoes at the vintage Expos out here. So adorable... Shoe lust...

Inky

One Too Many
Hi Miss1929, her name is Summer, her ebay seller ID is wombon and she is in Oakland, CA, so maybe it's the same gal. You have "vintage expos?" Sigh, I must get myself to Oakland!

I can't wait to receive them, hubby wasn't too thrilled I bought four pairs of shoes, but he did at least appreciate the good deal, lol.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I have recently discovered Etsy and I completely love it! I got this dress today (I love the combination of blue and green):

GreenandBlue1950sDress.jpg

I also got this Schiaparelli pearl bracelet - I think pearls are lovely and always add a nice elegant touch to an outfit:

SchiaparelliPearlBracelet.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly said:
I have recently discovered Etsy and I completely love it! I got this dress today (I love the combination of blue and green):

GreenandBlue1950sDress.jpg

A little touch of Spring! I love that late 50s/early 60s blue/green combination too. Such a pretty dress and the bracelet will look perfect with it.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
A little touch of Spring! I love that late 50s/early 60s blue/green combination too. Such a pretty dress and the bracelet will look perfect with it.

Thank you! I think it's quite cheery!

I think that's what we all need when we look out the window and see nothing but grey skies! I can't wait for a proper stretch in the evenings (and a touch of fine weather! :) )

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers said:
Miss Golightly, I completely covet your new dress!!! It's gorgeous and fun and girlie. Love it.

Thank you! It was another one of those dresses that I was thinking about buying for days and days and finally just went for it!

My grandmother always said "Buy now, afford later!" ;)

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I just bought these two vintage display heads. I have two repros, but I've been wanting a real one for a long time. The one has been painted white with red lips, but the original paint is still underneath the white. Nail polish remover has taken off some of the white paint, but I might leave her as is.

100_4745.JPG
100_4749.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Those are great, and so are the hats--I especially like that pale green! I like looking at all the things on your dresser and walls too.

I haven't bought much lately but I've got two dresses on the way that I'm really excited about. If they fit when they arrive I'll post pictures.

dandelion-vint said:
I just bought these two vintage display heads. I have two repros, but I've been wanting a real one for a long time. The one has been painted white with red lips, but the original paint is still underneath the white. Nail polish remover has taken off some of the white paint, but I might leave her as is.

100_4745.JPG
100_4749.JPG

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
dandelion-vint said:
Nail polish remover has taken off some of the white paint, but I might leave her as is.

Lighter fluid is really good for removing old paint as well.

It also works really well to remove price tags and labels that people stick on the covers of old books/papers/boxes. It removes the tag without ripping the cover/paper/cardboard and it dries quickly and doesn't leave a mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner