Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

maisie

Practically Family
My weekend antique mall blitz with friends. gratuitous picture taking here

I love your blouse with the cool print! I love the 40's blouses and fabrics as they are so interesting!
I also like you Red Cross uniform! I've got the same uniform, but can't seem to get the hat!!:(

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
5a_1_b.JPG

I woke up at 3am to try to win one of several lots of these German fashion magazines with the pattern sheets. I got one so disturbing my beauty sleep was worth it! :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
My non working hours schedule revolves around ebay these days.....

A freind wants help tomorrow and one of my conditions was 'you will have to let me take breaks from the work in order to bid on auctions....'

I was up way past my bedtime last night winning things......

Denise.....in the poorhouse

maisie

Practically Family
I'm so pleased with one of my lastest purchases, it came through the post this morning, and it is a great 1940s suit!:D
When I first opened the parcel up I was a bit surprised, as the colours of this suit are olive green, light blue and orange!
But when I tried it on it is so obviously 40's, from just looking at the shoulder pads and this is the style suit I have been looking for for ages!!:rolleyes:
And the best part was the seller never said in the listing that it was marked CC41 in both the skirt and the jacket, which means it is a genuine WWII utiltly suit! And I got it for £9.50!!!!:eek: :D
Here's some pics:

ca_1_b1.jpg
db_1_b1.jpg

This is the true colour of the wool!!
e8_1_b1.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
sorry to barge in girls...

maisie, i've bought 2 or 3 things (a tank top and a coat...something else..) and discovered the utility label in the garment later. its always a pleasant surprise.

maisie

Practically Family
maisie, i've bought 2 or 3 things (a tank top and a coat...something else..) and discovered the utility label in the garment later. its always a pleasant surprise.

Its happened to me before as well!:D
I bought a lovely 40's day dress at Beltring, a military show, and wore it once, washed it and found the utility label under the shoulder pad!!
And another time I bought a lovely red dress, and found the utility label, it had been half cut out but you could dtill see the top of the writing!

I think some seller don't even know what the label is!

betty_cherry

New in Town
Not sure this is quite up to your usual standards, but you all inspired me to go charity shop shopping and I picked up this super cute bag...

bag.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren Henline said:
Daisy, your first dress is from about 1918-1919, and the evening dress is from abt 34-36. Good finds!
Lauren, thanks so much for the info. I thought the blue was from and earlier period than the black one. It is my new favorite dress, the pictures don't do it justice. I actually found out that the woman who sold me the two dresses, sold a few more to another vintage dealer here in Boston. I went to his store, but unfortunately they were in storage. But, he said I can make an appointment to see them, so hopefully I'll get to them on Thursday. This guy, Bobby, has an entire warehouse full of vintage. He does a lot of supplying for movie extras. He's such a nice guy. I told him my size and he said if he get's more clothes in my size, he'll contact me, and put them aside.
Anyway, here are two more dresses I got. The blue and the plaid from a store here in Boston, and the black on ebay. I really like the blue, once again the pictures don't do it justice.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Lauren, that navy blue dress in the pattern is fabulous. I absolutely LOVE it. Oh, to be thin enough to wear it. I think I would need about a 20, groan...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! I like the short sleeve one too, and I just happen to have a stipey pattern for the shirt and a solid that matches for the skirt. Guess it was made to be! :)

maisie

Practically Family
Daisy, those two dresses are lovely. I have two dresses similiar to the balck one you have one in black and the other in a a mocha colour!! They are so very 40's looking!!
And Lauren I absolutly adore that pattern!!!!!:eek: It is fab, and I love any 1930's or 40's summer suits!!

Rosie

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan, those are both GREAT dresses. I LOVE the black one. Lauren Henline, you alone are making me into a shop a holic (well, more of a shop a holic) you have the most exquisite taste. You ladies are going to make a better dresser out of me yet.

I purchased a great navy blue floral silk material on ebay (not sure how to post pictures yet) and as soon as I showed my mom, she screamed, "my mother had a dress made of that same material!"

I'm going to attempt to make a dress out of it but, I think I'll mock it up in muslin first as to not mess up the material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner