Show us your radios!

Discussion in 'Radio' started by The Reno Kid, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Giftmacher

Giftmacher One Too Many

Radio didn't work too well, only the record player connected in the socket. Still need to replace ferite core of medium wave coil, rewind coil in the IF filter and put replaced film capacitors into the original glass cases.

2. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

Latest work in progress. 1939 German Tornister e.b/Tornister Berta receiver

thumbnail_IMG_2221.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2232.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2233.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2237.jpg

Attached Files:

3fingers likes this.
  3. Klunk

Klunk New in Town

image.jpg
    So I found this little guy in an antique shop in Reno a year ago. It’s a 1942 Philco Transitone. It caught my eye because it is entirely made out of wood. I picked it up for about $30. When I got it home I gutted the internals and velcroed a Philips Bluetooth speaker inside, all the preexsisting holes lined up for the plug and to turn it on and off. I then downloaded numerous 40’s albums to my phone. Now I have great sounding music out of my old Philco.

MissMittens likes this.
  4. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

I hope that you still have the chassis
    These Transitioned are great first restorations. Simple chassis, easy to work on, and they play well. It is a simple matter to add either a Bluetooth receiver or an audio mini jack so that your program material may play through the original electronics and loudspeaker.

MissMittens likes this.
  5. Klunk

Klunk New in Town

Unfortunately I do not. I didn’t even know that was a possibility. Sounds like a fun project, I will have to look for another radio and try it. Thanks.

6. Retromoto

Retromoto One of the Regulars

Dad's ole Zenith;
    G.

Attached Files:

MissMittens and 3fingers like this.
  7. dkstott

dkstott One of the Regulars

My great grandfather's radio. A Majestic model 290 made by Grigsby - Grunow. Along with a photo of him listening to the radio.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

MissMittens and Nobert like this.
  8. dkstott

dkstott One of the Regulars

My General Motors Radio Corporation Console radio. The front door in the middle slides up to hide the controls. The speaker is mounted in the Bottom and faces the floor.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

3fingers likes this.