Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

MidnightBlue

New in Town
Oh I would have loved that colour and have birthday pennies to spend. Ah well

Did anyone here win the red one with appliqué flowers at the weekend? It went too high for me but would love to hear it went to a good home with someone from the forums

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Swift! Well someone got a great bargain there! I had at least 6 different people link me to the orange/red one, I think I have created a monster! lol

Luckily for any other would-be Swirl collectors, I am on an eBay hiatus. :p

MidnightBlue

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
Swift! Well someone got a great bargain there! I had at least 6 different people link me to the orange/red one, I think I have created a monster! lol

Indeed! They are such a beautiful cut and so comfortable, its not surprising there are so many of us out there hunting them down. As has been mentioned before though, there's plenty around at the moment, about 4 on Etsy at last count. But, I'm in no rush to collect them for the sake of it, if one comes along in the right size and colour, I'm there, but otherwise I'll leave them for someone else to give a good home to.

Parfait

New in Town
Hello Ladies!
Here are my Swirl dresses!

swirl-3.jpg

A cute pink one with brown polka dots and the little cute swirly button! It's a tad small on me bit it works!
swirl-4.jpg

Floral Swirl!
swirl-2.jpg

Floral Swirl with one pocket. I really love the neckline on this one!
swirl-1.jpg

The 'Oops I forgot to iron this' green and white Swirl! I love this one so much, but there is a stain on one of the pockets that doesn't seem to want to come off! Pesky stain!

MidnightBlue

New in Town
Wasn't me bidding today, I've been in town and today's went too high for my tastes too. The other two on there from the same seller also seem to be sky-rocketing. Its a shame as the one that went just now would have got a lot of wear from me, I loved those colours

MidnightBlue

New in Town
ha ha we can't blame you. At least I know you'll love it and wear it which makes me feel much better.

I didn't end up bidding at all, so I'm not to blame for pushing the price up either :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Well despite having won Swirls for $12, I don't mind paying $60-odd for an NOS one. A few sellers have had, and sold, non deadstock ones for $100+! I would never pay that - I paid less for my 40s 'neat 'n' tidy by Swirl' one!

Having said that, that really, really is the last one for the forseeable future, no job + overflowing wardrobe means it's definitely time to stop!

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
I caved and purchased my first Swirl earlier today. I'll post pics of me in it when it arrives. I'm so excited! I paid a good amount for it not being in perfect condition (it has 2 small spots on the bodice), but it was too cute to pass up and just my size.
To all the Swirl connoisseurs: was that a bad move? [huh]

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Fleur De Guerre said:
Well despite having won Swirls for $12, I don't mind paying $60-odd for an NOS one. A few sellers have had, and sold, non deadstock ones for $100+! I would never pay that - I paid less for my 40s 'neat 'n' tidy by Swirl' one!

Having said that, that really, really is the last one for the forseeable future, no job + overflowing wardrobe means it's definitely time to stop!

The last dress you posted is so pretty. Congrats on your new purchase! I'm envious of your wardrobe!!

Slightly off topic but what does NOS mean?

PS

A-List Customer
Another one

371989936.jpg

Buy it now for 8.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't pass it up, and its in perfect condition. No wear at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy