Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Of course. To make it sound more positive: In my opinion all of you have far better ties than this. I liked all the bold palm trees and the sugar and spice one too. :-D

I can only agree with all my heart. But then I don't even like those palm trees, sugar canes and what not. With a few very rare exceptions I'm strictly a solid tie man. I'm all the way there with Cary Grant... :D lol

I like the Bold Look ties as they are iconic for a certain time period and have some interesting designs. I tend to prefer simple clean lines and nothing too busy but in ties it is used to set off the rest of the clothes and so some excess is permissable.

Feraud

Bartender
I understand how one can find a certain style tie unattractive. We all have different tastes.
Painted ties remind me of warm summer days. I like wearing them to work with lightweight, light colored clothing.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I like the Bold Look ties as they are iconic for a certain time period and have some interesting designs. I tend to prefer simple clean lines and nothing too busy but in ties it is used to set off the rest of the clothes and so some excess is permissable.

I understand how one can find a certain style tie unattractive. We all have different tastes.
Painted ties remind me of warm summer days. I like wearing them to work with lightweight, light colored clothing.

I agree with both of you!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, something toned down for today...A Superba tie, with 100% Dacron fabric made by Princeton, and sold by Tfank, Inc. (?), Hackensack, NJ. I thought that the color of the motifs went well with the shirt (the stone on the tie clip is very similar in color, too.)

Photo75-1.jpg
Photo76-2.jpg

Okay, something toned down for today...A Superba tie, with 100% Dacron fabric made by Princeton, and sold by Tfank, Inc. (?), Hackensack, NJ. I thought that the color of the motifs went well with the shirt (the stone on the tie clip is very similar in color, too.)

Photo75-1.jpg
Photo76-2.jpg

A circa 1955-59 Superba I am guessing. I don't know if I would put a tie shark on a dacron tie though. :eek: You are a brave man or the tie cost less than $3. ;):p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner