Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yeah, but some folks go too far with it. I mean, it's not a vintage '40s car and never will be: who are we kidding by slapping on chrome hood ornaments, full bumpers, etc., etc.?

Chrome a PT Cruiser to the hilt, and it'll collapse under the weight of parody.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
The PT

Was definately a bold step in the right direction but with it's popularity I would expect other retro styled cars from other auto makers as well as Chrysler.
Where are they??? [huh]
If Ford for instance were to produce an updated version of it's 1940 coupe, I think it would be an instant hit.
If only I could start my own car company,....:(

Phil

A-List Customer
Oh, I know. If they would bring back some classic cars for today (i.e. the Thunderbird) they would sell quite nicely. The problem is, they have to look something like the classic version. Take the Pontiag GTO fir instance.

Here's the 1967 GTO
1967_Pontiac_GTO_1.jpg

and here's the 2005 GTO
gto.jpg

I don't see the similarity.

But to answer the topic of this thread, I drive a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. THe picture below isn't it, I haven't take a picture yet, but it's pretty much what I have
P1010009.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Yeah, but some folks go too far with it. I mean, it's not a vintage '40s car and never will be: who are we kidding by slapping on chrome hood ornaments, full bumpers, etc., etc.?

Chrome a PT Cruiser to the hilt, and it'll collapse under the weight of parody.

Good point.;) Anything taken to the point of excess is nauseating.lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Phil said:
Oh, I know. If they would bring back some classic cars for today (i.e. the Thunderbird) they would sell quite nicely. The problem is, they have to look something like the classic version. Take the Pontiag GTO fir instance.
I too wish they would bring back some of the classic styles. Has anyone seen the new Saturn convertible. It is amazing. I'm also a big fan of the Chrysler Crossfire, a beaut of a car, and has gotten some pretty good reviews.

As for the thunderbird, they did bring them back. They only were out for a few years due to lots of problems with them, way too long ordering time, and with any added options they were pricey. My dad had one on order for nearly six months. After that time he spent waiting, the dealer called to tell him that it would be another six months before it came in. I guess lot's of people cancelled their orders, for the next year dealer lots were full of them, at least around here. They couldn't move them, lost money on them. Such a shame, it was really a beautiful car.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Daisy Buchanan said:
I too wish they would bring back some of the classic styles. Has anyone seen the new Saturn convertible. It is amazing. I'm also a big fan of the Chrysler Crossfire, a beaut of a car, and has gotten some pretty good reviews.

As for the Thunderbird, they did bring them back. They only were out for a few years due to lots of problems with them, way too long ordering time, and with any added options they were pricey. My dad had one on order for nearly six months. After that time he spent waiting, the dealer called to tell him that it would be another six months before it came in. I guess lot's of people cancelled their orders, for the next year dealer lots were full of them, at least around here. They couldn't move them, lost money on them. Such a shame, it was really a beautiful car.

So true Daisy. Car Dealers are VIPERS! No ifs and or buts about it. They totally mismanaged selling that car. Sure they were tacking $10,000 onto the sticker here in California, but what's a quick buck when you lost a potential customer to buy several cars from you? oh wait, we're talking about car dealers!:eek:

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Here's my retro fake.

One of the nice things about the PT Cruiser is that its very easy (and fairly inexpensive) to "chrome it up".

I've added some chrome trim to mine, as well as a chrome grille, bumper accents, hubcaps, headlight frames and taillight covers:

ChevaliersCar012_edited-1.jpg

Dog dishes.
Heh heh....nice touch.
Are there chrome options for the sideviews and the windsheild wipers?

Man,....you know what id do too? An elegant hood ornament. nuthin too garish...but like a deco lady with wings, motioning forward.
100%20HOOD%20ORNAMENT.jpg

And to finish it off,...an upright license plate holder...witha state topper, mounted on the rear bumper!!
license.jpg

But i dunno if that would interfere with the rear hatch opening.

But thatd be pretty swell in my book.

Speedster

Practically Family
Nice retro fake...

Marc Chevalier said:
Here's my retro fake.

One of the nice things about the PT Cruiser is that its very easy (and fairly inexpensive) to "chrome it up".

I've added some chrome trim to mine, as well as a chrome grille, bumper accents, hubcaps, headlight frames and taillight covers:

ChevaliersCar011_edited-1.jpg

Cool style on your PT Cruiser.

Just for information; Crysler PT Cruiser prices in Denmark:

1.6 Classic - USD 41,500.-
2.4 Classic - USD 48,300.-
2.4 Touring - USD 51,000.-
2.2 CRD Touring - USD 59,200.-
2.4 Limited - USD 58,300.-
2.3 CRD Limited - USD 66,400.-
2.4 GT - USD 70,600.-
2.4 Limited Convertible - USD 68,800.-

and the new Mustang:

GT Premium Coupe 4.6L V8 from USD 121,900.-
GT Premium Convertible 4.6L V8 from USD 139,800.-

Just in case someone would like to know how heavily taxed we are on cars in Denmark.

Blitzmädl

New in Town
Hi there!
I´m new here. My name is Stefanie.
These are pictures of my 2 cars
My 1936 Ford 5window Coupe
195801.jpg

and my daily Driver a 1953 Volkswagen
195800.jpg

I´m from Germany, I´m totally into 30`and 40`. For me it´s very important that a nice old car should be a part of my everyday lifestyle.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah I almost forgot our other baby. She's in North Carolina right now and I wont see her till next summer so... heres the next best thing... someone elses photo of the same make and model in the proper color.

67red5.jpg

Yessir and Yesma'am that is a 1967 Stingray by Corvette. She's the successor to our 1965 Stingray who we gave to a friend because she needed alot of restoration work and we werent willing to provide it. Needless to say the pristine 67 is being babied by me because noone else will lol.

P.S. She still has some power left in her when you let her open up on the highway. Its funny to see her just rocket by all these new cars. Had a suped-up Civic try to take her and she burned him quite thoroughly. Shes magic I tell you.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Blitzm?§dl said:
Hi there!
I´m new here. My name is Stefanie.
These are pictures of my 2 cars
My 1936 Ford 5window Coupe
195801.jpg

and my daily Driver a 1953 Volkswagen
195800.jpg

I´m from Germany, I´m totally into 30`and 40`. For me it´s very important that a nice old car should be a part of my everyday lifestyle.

Nice cars there Stefanie! I have a friend here who has a '36 Ford four door! It's a nice old car and he's doing some nice work on it... getting it repainted the original color; black and also having the rims painted red for a nice contrast.

The '53 Beatle is very nice! I thought they still were split rear windows in '53... I guess I thought wrong! :D

And I totally agree... it's very important that a nice old car should be a part of an every day lifestyle!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925